I'm as disgusted as anybody

• Thread starter I asked LT to delete my acct
  • Start date

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was thinking that if they get rid of McCarthy, who is left to blame? Murphy seems like the next guy to look at.
I actually heard his name come up during (what is becoming) Cowherd's weekly anti-Packer rant.
Yeah I mean the way Murphy set up the org structure, he’s directly responsible for MM, Gluten, and Ball. IMHO, Ball and MM s/b reporting to Gluten, who then reports to Murphy. I just don’t think Bob Harlan would have ever operated this way. As for Cowherd, well you nailed it, it’s a rant and I don’t pay much attention to it. Then again, it’s ultimately up to Murphy to pull the plug on MM.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm more angry with the FO who basically needed to see the entire thing blow up in their face before making a change. But he's acted like a stubborn, entitled man who had no intention of rewarding everyone for their blind faith by working on his craft. He clearly didn't put the work in. I don't feel bad for him at all.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Buggy I don’t think it’s gonna take a petition to get rid of MM. He’s a dead man walking right now. The BIG question is who does Murphy/Gluten replace him with?????

And when they do replace him, have the new HC report to the GM. The flat org structure Murphy put in place is nuts, and Murphy is NO Bob Harlan.

I agree that Murphy is not Harlan, who also once made a mistake when he gave Mike Sherman the GM hat. All that to say, I know people kinda scratched their heads when Murphy changed the power structure and had MM report to him and not leave his fate in Brian G's hands. I believe the reason was to just keep an eye on what the new GM was doing and make sure he didn't pull the trigger on MM without Murphy knowing what was going on and making sure the new guy in his desire to institute change, didn't do anything rash.

I believe though that Murphy is looking at this thing right now as MM is in jeopardy, and assuming he either personally fires him or gives Brian G that power back, I'm most certain the next HC's fate will be under Gute's control the way it was with Wolf and Holmgren/Rhodes and Thompson and Sherman/McCarthy.

OP
OP
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Hey Buggy I don’t think it’s gonna take a petition to get rid of MM. He’s a dead man walking right now. The BIG question is who does Murphy/Gluten replace him with?????

And when they do replace him, have the new HC report to the GM. The flat org structure Murphy put in place is nuts, and Murphy is NO Bob Harlan.

I agree he is unlikely to be here next season, but this leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I thought we were classier than that.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At least Deshaun Watson is playing better than Aaron Rodgers right now. Seems like almost every competent offense makes it look easy. Just baffling how we can't figure it out...

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think LTF mentioned something about loyalty in a thread. I think the new structure is a one year deal to see if MM can be our coach going forward. I think after we replace him, we go back to the normal hierarchy.

Puppydog31

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If anything positive came out of the Packers this year is...we showed the NFL that Green Bay can punt the ball better than most teams..

Members online

Latest posts