I still think we can make the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Next year Brett Hundley will not be our QB for 7 weeks.
That's what we said last year. And that was clearly the mindset of Thompson & McCarthy. How has a constant reactive mindset turned out for us? Maybe being proactive for once and considering a worst case scenario might do us some good. But I'm not in the NFL so maybe I'm just an idiot.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That wasn't the Packers problem.
actually... yes it was. Is the defense terrible?... yes. However, I have absolutely no doubt that the packers would have beaten enough teams to make the playoffs if Rodgers had not been injured.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
actually... yes it was. Is the defense terrible?... yes. However, I have absolutely no doubt that the packers would have beaten enough teams to make the playoffs if Rodgers had not been injured.
What? To be one and done in the playoffs? The Packers defense has not been able to step up in the last few years. Why would they be able to do this year?

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What? To be one and done in the playoffs? The Packers defense has not been able to step up in the last few years. Why would they be able to do this year?
The Packers hve not been "one and done" in the Playoffs since 2013, and only twice since 2010.

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's what we said last year. And that was clearly the mindset of Thompson & McCarthy. How has a constant reactive mindset turned out for us? Maybe being proactive for once and considering a worst case scenario might do us some good. But I'm not in the NFL so maybe I'm just an idiot.

Who said last year Aaron Rodgers will be out eight weeks.with a broken collarbone? My guess it is crossed nobody's mind.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I dont watch them with the same fatalistic attitude.
Packers against Teams most likely to make the playoffs this year. Atlanta. Loss. Carolina. Loss. New Orleans, Loss. Pittsburgh. Loss. It's not fatalistic. It's realistic.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers against Teams most likely to make the playoffs this year. Atlanta. Loss. Carolina. Loss. New Orleans, Loss. Pittsburgh. Loss. It's not fatalistic. It's realistic.
Stick to watching your Vikings ....Didn't they just lose to Carolina as well? I'm not happy about the way this year went... but without going in to details... I'm much happier being a Packer Fan

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with you to an extent, mainly because of our horrendous D, but it's only a realistic guess. We don't know for sure that with the games remaining that Rodgers couldn't get into a groove by playoff time, and with the help of a running game, perhaps could overcome the failing D. We nearly beat Pitt with Hundley, we competed offensively with Carolina and I think we could do the same against the Saints. Jury's out on Atlanta though, as they seem to own us lately. But where there's an opportunity and a will, there's a way (unless you have Capers ;)).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts