I dont believe we win the division anymore

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
moss has never played in a true west coast offense. favre is old. randy is old. their offensive line isnt a force. their Dline is old. there will be an adjustment time for them to get in sync. shiancoe is still iffy for the next game, and rice isnt back til the PUP is up and then that is iffy too. everyone is dumping all their sanity down a drain that could already be clogged with the vikings problems no one is thinking about.

maybe just maybe this forces teds hands to go grab deangelo (god willing) but i highly doubt it. besides as someone said a premier back would expect a fair number of carries a game, and our offense is pass heavy. really all we need is the passing game to get back to where we know it can be and we'll be curb stomping teams in no time. we have been able to move the ball at will. the only detriment in detroit was one fluke and one ball that jennings should have had. otherwise we ran roughshod over the lions D. as with all previous D's. i completely agree with aarons gripe. we have the best group of WR top to bottom in the NFL by far and arguably the best TE too. spread the field wide, they cant rush as many, and youll get some guys in single coverage, which to aaron is open. then we start chomping up yards with those surgical strikes like aaron threw to finley. thats just obscene talent. through triple coverage.

we are all dismayed at the passing game because of two plays that halted drives that are not the characteristic playing style of aaron. the throws he made werent bad decisions. one was a miscommunication and the other was simply taken. we're going to be fine. our D will be fine as long as we keep a linebacker in on the line to prevent the QB running. really i think the lions had so much success just because their scheme they had planned hit exactly on the weak point of our scheme. that wont happen every week if ever again.

supposedly wee were bidding for lynch but teddy didnt go high enough..******* it..oh well the guy was right in the article though, we're just going to pass anyway. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ckers-were-in-the-bidding-for-marshawn-lynch/

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Will someone please explain to me how randy moss is going to fix the Vikings O line? Is favre going to be able to take more time to throw now?

I am glad to see Moss in MN. Imagine the meltdown next season when Favre is gone and Moss isnt getting the ball enough. Oh and the issues in the locker room for the players that feel they deserve a new contract and randy just got one.

OP
OP
Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers fans are usually very optimistic Spanish. I agree that it's your opinion, you're not offending anyone or anything, but until proven wrong, the Vikings are 1 1/2 games behind and playing like crap. They're the #24 in passing yards and THE WORST team in passing TDs.

Excuse me if I don't see how only one receiver will suddenly make them at the top of the league. I know they were last year, but this year they've been HORRIBLE, and that starts with the QB.
the same could be said for us.. i just dont see how we are suddenly unbeatable to some with the same team we had last year.. and how the vikings suddenly have no chance of beating us yet they have the same team if not improved with moss.. yea you could blame it on the injuries or what not, but the same case can be made for the vike.. those rankings can be very misleading seeing as it is very early in the year.. if you dont think gettin rice back and aquiring moss will light a fire under favres *** you are naive my friend.. im a packer fan as much as the next person.. im just not ignorant

T

The_Ohioan_Cheesehead

Its only 4 games into the season. A lot can change from now till Week 17.

Gotta stay strong.

The game against the Skins is a good test. I hope the D has Improved sence the Lions game.

Reaction score
Theres a difference between this year and last year Favre sucks this year instead of a freak year like last year.
Also we sucked in those games. We let them jump out to a 3 touchdown lead then decided to play.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would have to say that the Passing game is playing like crap. The other aspects of the Vikings game seem to be in order, they don't have a problem running the ball, the Defense is doing ok and special teams seems to be ok. So if the passing game comes together they will be fine. Can one player make a difference? I don't know. Take Finley out of the picture for the Packers and what happens? Do they have someone to replace his production? Take Rice out for MN, deep threat is gone. Put Moss in, deep threat is back. As good? Who knows. But the fact is the other teams have to account for him. Now with Moss and if/when Rice comes back they have two deep threats. Rice, Harvin, Shiancoe, and Moss with Peterson in the backfield. There won't be 8 in the box that's for sure. I think Peterson will be the overall beneficiary of the Moss trade. This of course all contingent on "Grandpa" getting his act back together.

Now, as to the Packers not winning the division, it's early in the season and anything can happen. Green Bay needs to do 2 things in my opinion. Fix special teams and come up with some type of running game. Without a running threat teams will just sell out to stop Rodgers from passing. If Detroit can hold Rodgers to under a 200 yards passing what will happen when they come up a against a team with a good pass defense? Rodgers only had 188 yards against Philly and 181 against Detroit. And if you don't think teams are looking at how they did it you would be sorely mistaken.
Agreed on the rest of the team thing. Still, in this league, the passing O makes for 60% or so of the team. Generally speaking, you can't pass, you can't win.
the same could be said for us.. i just dont see how we are suddenly unbeatable to some with the same team we had last year.. and how the vikings suddenly have no chance of beating us yet they have the same team if not improved with moss.. yea you could blame it on the injuries or what not, but the same case can be made for the vike.. those rankings can be very misleading seeing as it is very early in the year.. if you dont think gettin rice back and aquiring moss will light a fire under favres *** you are naive my friend.. im a packer fan as much as the next person.. im just not ignorant
Please don't call everyone that disagrees with you (and so far, everybody in this thread has) ignorants.
I remember how you reacted after the 4-4 start last year, and how did that turn out????????????

TampaPacMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With all of this angst surrounding the re-acquisition of Moss by the ChokeKings, let's not forget that their two starting OT's haven't been playing very well, and their center is nicked up again. Their next four games are absolutely brutal, and three of them are road games. If they are either 3-1 or 4-0 after that strecth, then they can be conceded the division title.

OP
OP
Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My point is don't take the Packers lightly, and don't think all hope is lost just because they got a new dynamic receiver. The Packers are full of good players. And last year was an exceptional year in football for the Vikings.
ohh trust me i dont.. i love my packers and i think they have a hell of a squad this year.. my point is, the vikings took a major dump on us last year and if favre decides to start playing, it will be hard.
two words:
tramon williams
7 words: he was on the roster last year

Before you crown the Vikes NFC North Division Champs look at their next SEVEN games:

Jets
Cowboys
Packers
Pats
Cards
Bears
Packers

They are 1-2 now... how many of those games do you think they're gonna win?!?!??

The'll be 4-6 after that strech... AT BEST

:viksux:
have you checked out our schedule?

moss has never played in a true west coast offense. favre is old. randy is old. their offensive line isnt a force. their Dline is old.
they were all old last year too.. what happened then?

Will someone please explain to me how randy moss is going to fix the Vikings O line? Is favre going to be able to take more time to throw now?

I am glad to see Moss in MN. Imagine the meltdown next season when Favre is gone and Moss isnt getting the ball enough. Oh and the issues in the locker room for the players that feel they deserve a new contract and randy just got one.
and how exactly did our oline get fixed from last year?.. seems like we have the same players in place we had the year before.. im sure they'll make it work... as for the meltdown, that may or may not come.. but i want a superbowl this year im not worried if the vikes are gonna melt down next year.. thats our problem as an organization, we keep worrying about next year.. yes its good to be looking into the future but theres gotta be an equal balance between the future and what we have to do to make this team go over the edge NOW.. we will never win a superbowl THIS YEAR if we are too worried about the NEXT.. once again just my 2 cents

Big Dan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre may very well not have time enough in the pocket for Moss to get deep. As has been stated, Moss isn't going to make the O-line any better, or give Favre the same wheels he had 10 years ago. If Favre takes a buncha check-downs, Moss may get frustrated.

Historically, Moss has "taken plays off," especially when frustrated. So what happens if Favre does get time in the pocket, but a frustrated Moss has "taken that play off" and is just trotting along, 10 yards from the line of scrimmage, with Charles Woodson blanketing him?

There's no way for me or anyone else to say that that will happen, but given Moss' history, it easily could happen.

OP
OP
Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please don't call everyone that disagrees with you (and so far, everybody in this thread has) ignorants.
I remember how you reacted after the 4-4 start last year, and how did that turn out????????????
haha turned out exactly how i thought it would.. we got knocked outta of the playoff REAL QUICK didnt we? i dont think i called you ignorant in that last post, i said YOU were naive and I wasnt ignorant but it is what it is. Ignorance to me is someone who doesnt see both sides of the story.. so i believe its a fitting word in this case

Seenin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With all of this angst surrounding the re-acquisition of Moss by the ChokeKings, let's not forget that their two starting OT's haven't been playing very well, and their center is nicked up again. Their next four games are absolutely brutal, and three of them are road games. If they are either 3-1 or 4-0 after that strecth, then they can be conceded the division title.

My guess is that moss is on a mission from this point out. Contract year and you know MN will keep him till he retires at this point. Come Rice then what does green bay do?

Seenin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre may very well not have time enough in the pocket for Moss to get deep. As has been stated, Moss isn't going to make the O-line any better, or give Favre the same wheels he had 10 years ago. If Favre takes a buncha check-downs, Moss may get frustrated.

Historically, Moss has "taken plays off," especially when frustrated. So what happens if Favre does get time in the pocket, but a frustrated Moss has "taken that play off" and is just trotting along, 10 yards from the line of scrimmage, with Charles Woodson blanketing him?

There's no way for me or anyone else to say that that will happen, but given Moss' history, it easily could happen.

Doesnt Moss create less guys in the box therefore making it easier for the vikings Oline to protect Favre?

Seenin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ohh trust me i dont.. i love my packers and i think they have a hell of a squad this year.. my point is, the vikings took a major dump on us last year and if favre decides to start playing, it will be hard.

and how exactly did our oline get fixed from last year?.. seems like we have the same players in place we had the year before.. im sure they'll make it work... as for the meltdown, that may or may not come.. but i want a superbowl this year im not worried if the vikes are gonna melt down next year.. thats our problem as an organization, we keep worrying about next year.. yes its good to be looking into the future but theres gotta be an equal balance between the future and what we have to do to make this team go over the edge NOW.. we will never win a superbowl THIS YEAR if we are too worried about the NEXT.. once again just my 2 cents

2 cents well deposited!

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Are you watching the games? If so, you KNOW that Tramon Williams is NOWHERE near the Tramon of last year.

Here are the stats of the receivers he has covered so far:

DeSean Jackson: 4 catches for 30 yards. 0 tds.
Lee Evans: 0 catches. 0 yards. 0 tds
Devin Hester: 1 cacth for 18 yards. 0 tds.
Bryant Johnson: 3 cacthes for 23 yards. 0 tds.

The argument of "x happened last year" ends when week 1 starts. What teams did last year is completely irrelevant, and, unless they're PERFORMING the same way THIS SEASON, is not an indication of anything.

You know why? Because, even if they are the same players, and coaches, schemes change EVERY YEAR, players get older EVERY YEAR. 1 year is a HUGE impact on a players' performance, for good and worse.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moss definitely adds an element to Minnescrota that they've been missing, but I don't believe it's going to be instant success.

For one, Moss isn't a middle of the field receiver like Rice was last season, and Rice had to bail Favre out on numerous occasions.

Two, Moss has never played in a West Coast system, and has obviously never worked out with Favre. That's not to say it won't happen, but I think it will take more than the three days of practice they'll have together to get *that* particular chemistry rolling. Suffice it to say, I don't expect it to happen in time for this week's game against the Jets.

My personal level of frustration with this team is all the ****ing injuries we keep having. Seems like we just cannot catch a ******* break from the injury bug! Chillar is going to miss time and now I'm reading that Barnett has some kind of injury and could miss significant time. Burnett is gone for the season, as is Grant. Seriously, this **** is old.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
haha turned out exactly how i thought it would.. we got knocked outta of the playoff REAL QUICK didnt we? i dont think i called you ignorant in that last post, i said YOU were naive and I wasnt ignorant but it is what it is. Ignorance to me is someone who doesnt see both sides of the story.. so i believe its a fitting word in this case
Getting knocked out of the playoffs real quick? Did you watch that game?

You didn't call me ignorant, you called everyone that disagreed with you ignorant. That's not seeing both sides. That's one guy overreacting with a sign that hasn't even played, the others disagreeing, and the said guy calling them ignorants...

You're not recognizing their side of the story, so what would that make you?

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Ah, the old "Vikings D-line is old" Lets take a look at that. Pat Williams 38, plays about half of the downs during the game. Kevin Williams, 30, yup looking at retirement. Allen, 28, another old man. Edwards, 26. Man he's way over the hill. And the guys that back them up. Robison, 27, Kennedy, 30, Guion, 23, Griffen, 22, and Evans 26. The over the hill gang.

Now lets look at the Packers D-line Jenkins 29, Pickett, 31, Raji, 24, Jolly, 28(when he comes back) Harrel, 26.

Other than Fat Pat I don't see much difference in the ages.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not worried about Moss, or how good he will make the Vikings. I'm much more worried about our own squad and its injuries. Grant is gone, Burnett is gone, Chillar is missing at least some time, and now Barnett might be missing time too. Barnett not playing is a HUGE blow to us, huge. Then you have key players like Collins and both our starting tackles missing practice today...

Big Dan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doesnt Moss create less guys in the box therefore making it easier for the vikings Oline to protect Favre?

I don't think so. Moss is still dangerous, but not nearly as much as he once was. I don't think he's as good as Calvin Johnson, and Woodson was able to keep him from going off. I don't picture the Pack doubling Moss, especially with Capers knowing that that they should be able to get good pressure on Favre by not doubling Moss.

I also don't think the Packers dare to lighten the box with AP in the backfield. That would just be begging for an ***-whipping. I picture this coming down to a one-on-one battle between Woodson and Moss, with Favre having limited time in the pocket and limited mobility. Honestly, I like our chances, but nothing is a given. Peterson worries me a lot more than Favre/Moss does.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Worry about the Vikings once they actually start playing well. They haven't kicked anything into gear yet. The Bears are the toughest competition right now, in spite of their concussion disaster against the Giants.

Say what? Favre already looked tired before the by week. Sooo he will feel a little better .......until Monday with the Jets. He throws the ball all over the place and you know he doesn't care who is covering who. Revis will pick him off twice at least. Do you remember what the Packers O-line looked like last year? About the same as the Bears line does this year. Favre is going to have a long next 4 weeks, against the Jets, Dallas, Packers and the Patriots. All playoff teams. Cutler was walking around the locker room at half time with a cape on his back saying........."I'm Batman".

Anyhow........I was saying the same thing last year after the Buc's beat us. Oh...****...its all over but the crying!!!! Settle down man. We are going to be alright. If we can just get Bulaga in there and have Kuhn run like he did in last weeks last drive of the game, we can get it done.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right. You obviously haven't been reading any of the news today about how Moss was becoming a distraction and about how he threw a fit at an assistant coach at half time on Monday night. Yeah, MUCH more mature. :suicide2:

Sources: Moss was becoming a distraction in New England | ProFootballTalk.com

I said the same thing! You have to wonder why the Pats would want to get rid of a high caliber receiver like Moss when they need it over there. Pure speculation here, but knowing Moss's history and seeing the Pats were traded him makes me suspicious. The trade appeared to go down quickly too, I don't know exactly how long talks and negotiations were underway, but once this hit the airwaves, it appeared to be an overnight thing.

ilovemypackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings O-line is jacked up; their C is out. Favre won't get the protection he needs to throw one down field to Moss. And, Moss's play depends on his mood. If someone would **** in his post toasties, he'll have a crappy game. The rest of the WR corps are mediocre.. Randy even ranks all the down at 54th in production, and every other MN WR falls below him. I'm not too worried about it.

I'm just pissed we can't get a RB and we have no depth at S now that Burnett is out.

Members online

Latest posts