I dont believe we win the division anymore

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if favre was able to tear us up last year.. we havent done much to fix the secondary.. its the same as last year.. and with the aquisition of Moss i just cant see us taking it anymore.. i hope im wrong but we are the same team as last year.. and they just got better.. thoughts?

DoubleC4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah its not lookin too good. its just frustrating that everyone else around us is trying to get better and we just go and get practice squad players

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
having moss and favre together means nothing if Favre cannot throw the ball to him. His arm hasnt looked right all year, and his deep ball is not anywhere near on target. The only concern should be if this move rejuvinates the team as a whole, and if Moss has enough gas left to allow favre to "throw him open" deep.

Until that is seen, do not be worried about it.

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with both of you... I hope to hell we beat them, but with the injuries we keep having to an already depleated secondary, its not going to be easy.. Hopefully Harris gets back before then and Bigby, and we find a hidden gem in Starks... All three of those happening are highly unlikely.. DAMNIT!

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
having moss and favre together means nothing if Favre cannot throw the ball to him. His arm hasnt looked right all year, and his deep ball is not anywhere near on target. The only concern should be if this move rejuvinates the team as a whole, and if Moss has enough gas left to allow favre to "throw him open" deep.

Wishful thinking... Daunte Culpepper was close to getting it done with Moss. Moss is still a freak, and I really think this was what the Vikings needed. If anything, it wont hurt them at all, he's replacing Berrian who is completely worthless, and Greg Camarillo... When Rice gets back (if healthy) Moss, Rice, Harvin, and Shiancoe are a dangerous passing threat.. Oh yeah, and they still have Adrian Peterson. Anyone think a run game doesnt matter now?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not giving up yet, I don't roll over and die that easily. Not with only 4 games into the season and the rest of it ahead of us. The Vikings, want you to think this way, wave Moss in front of you to make you turn your tail in fear. It's not happening. They had to do something over there, they were 1-3, they needed Moss. But Moss can be a curse to them as much of a blessing. The Pack is going to be getting Harris and Bigby back, and we still have the chance to draft or trade for somebody. I'll agree that if we don't start playing better than we did in the Lions game, we are going to be in trouble, particularly when we play higher caliber teams. The Skins game is going to be a good test to see how we are and how we are progressing. Hopefully M.M. put the fear of God into these guys, beat the Redskins or no cookies ever ever again. Such a fate is death, they'll win!

pakerzfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with DTOWN 100% They haven't proven they can pass, they will have no chemistry coming in. They may get it together by the end of the season. But they have a tough stretch of games, and who's to say they're even in it by the time they get it all together? Aside from that, Green Bay's passing game is amazing when they get in sync. We are "out of sync" and averaging 27 a week. Imagine when we do get in sync, anyone hear 40+/wk?
:viksux:

PeachSchnapps

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Worry about the Vikings once they actually start playing well. They haven't kicked anything into gear yet. The Bears are the toughest competition right now, in spite of their concussion disaster against the Giants.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not giving up yet, I don't roll over and die that easily. Not with only 4 games into the season and the rest of it ahead of us. The Vikings, want you to think this way, wave Moss in front of you to make you turn your tail in fear. It's not happening. They had to do something over there, they were 1-3, they needed Moss. But Moss can be a curse to them as much of a blessing. The Pack is going to be getting Harris and Bigby back, and we still have the chance to draft or trade for somebody. I'll agree that if we don't start playing better than we did in the Lions game, we are going to be in trouble, particularly when we play higher caliber teams. The Skins game is going to be a good test to see how we are and how we are progressing. Hopefully M.M. put the fear of God into these guys, beat the Redskins or no cookies ever ever again. Such a fate is death, they'll win!
You got that right!
Yeah! You go girl!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's only 4 games in and already some Packers "fans" are ready to wave the white flag already?
Geez ya guys.
Why don't ya go ahead and switch to another team?
The Cheifs are undefeated.
So why not go and be a fan of them?
Otherwise, cut out the negativity and save it for later.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I am not too fazed by the Moss haze. The Bears and Packers are leading the division by two games. (It really sickens me to say that.) So not only do the Vikings have to beat the Packers in games won, they have to beat the Bears too. I am in belief that the NFC north conference is the toughest NFC division this year, and if the Lions did anything they showed each teams weakness more than any other opponent. This is only going on weak 5, hell even if we lose we are still ahead of the Vikings, also lets see how this weekend passes before passing judgement of the season. The Packers are going against a decent team this season, if we win it will cast less doubts. The Vikings are going against the Jets, whom are probably out to show Favre how good they are since he was last on the team. The Bears are going against Carolina who held the Saints down, and the Bears aren't looking too good after Cutlers sack-fest. And the Lions are going against the Rams, who is a nice toss up game.

Quit putting doubt in the team so soon. We are doing better than we were last year. The NFC is the ****ed up league this year where almost anyone is game for the playoffs. Most people are analyzing the Packers with the Saints right now, thinking both are doing well with what they got. Believe in the outsiders, and believe in the Packers. The only reason why we haven't been doing well is we haven't been playing to our strengths. I think that is the biggest problem with the Packers is they take the lead and think lets do something else why we are ahead. NOOOOOO! Keep doing what is working out for you, if you are having trouble running the ball, pass it. If the blitzes aren't working, quit blitzing.

The Packers are still one of the teams to beat this year, and their own lost was against themselves this year. Go Packers.

The other thing to think about is if Moss, Favre, Shiancoe, Peterson, and Rice are to be feared. What makes Rodgers, Jennings, Driver, Finely, Matthews, Woodson any less? Only because one out of all those players have a Super bowl ring?

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's only 4 games in and already some Packers "fans" are ready to wave the white flag already?
Geez ya guys.
Why don't ya go ahead and switch to another team?
The Cheifs are undefeated.
So why not go and be a fan of them?
Otherwise, cut out the negativity and save it for later.

Yeah i agree, what the hell is this ****?!

The Packers are a better team than the Vikings right now, that hasnt changed yet....its like some of you are saying the ship has sunk before it even took off.

stop *****ing!

OP
OP
Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score

your gonna question moss's ability?? mistake on your part.. all a person needs is a change of scenery sometimes.. LT anyone?? if you dont think favre is the happiest little kid right now because he got his moss.. boy your are mistaken.. he'll be more motivated than every especially when rice comes back

Wishful thinking... Daunte Culpepper was close to getting it done with Moss. Moss is still a freak, and I really think this was what the Vikings needed. If anything, it wont hurt them at all, he's replacing Berrian who is completely worthless, and Greg Camarillo... When Rice gets back (if healthy) Moss, Rice, Harvin, and Shiancoe are a dangerous passing threat.. Oh yeah, and they still have Adrian Peterson. Anyone think a run game doesnt matter now?
my thoughts exactly!!!
too bad its not you whose going to have to cover moss.. i dont think he's going to be a curse to the team.. he isnt the same moss people still percieve him to be.. we arent talking about 3 years ago when he was a distraction.. he's much more mature.. i dont roll over and die either.. if i could id go out there and line up against moss.. i prolly wouldnt do too bad either

OP
OP
Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah i agree, what the hell is this ****?!

The Packers are a better team than the Vikings right now, that hasnt changed yet....its like some of you are saying the ship has sunk before it even took off.

stop *****ing!

im not *****ing, im merely stating my opinion and hoping im wrong.. is this not allowed anymore?

The other thing to think about is if Moss, Favre, Shiancoe, Peterson, and Rice are to be feared. What makes Rodgers, Jennings, Driver, Finely, Matthews, Woodson any less? Only because one out of all those players have a Super bowl ring?
because we had all those players last year and we still didnt win the division?. and both our teams are the same as it was but the vikes added a dynamic reciever? just my 2 cents though

OP
OP
Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These threads are unbelievable.
what is so unbelieveable about these threads my friend? because people have different opinions than you? what do you think, just because we are the GREEN BAY PACKERS that theres nothing the vikings can do to possible make them a better team than us.. what happened when we all thought randy was washed up before going to the pats.. ohh yea he had some pretty good seasons id say

packerfan191

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing I have noticed through this year so far is the Vikings offensive line isn't as good this year. Sure they still have Peterson and Favre, but if the o-line can't give them anything it doesn't matter. I still think we will beat the Vikings at least once, maybe even twice this year, and we will win the division.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers fans are usually very optimistic Spanish. I agree that it's your opinion, you're not offending anyone or anything, but until proven wrong, the Vikings are 1 1/2 games behind and playing like crap. They're the #24 in passing yards and THE WORST team in passing TDs.

Excuse me if I don't see how only one receiver will suddenly make them at the top of the league. I know they were last year, but this year they've been HORRIBLE, and that starts with the QB.

GBpsyco

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dont feel good about taking the division, Sea got Lynch, Minn got Moss, what the hell did TT do to fix our needs??? Not a damn thing. Teams will be after Rodgers knowing we have no run game, and who in the hell is Dimitrius Nance? Are you kidding me?? Kuhn and Jackson scare NOBODY, and now with a thin secondary I see no reason to feel good about the division title. :suicide2:

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
because we had all those players last year and we still didnt win the division?. and both our teams are the same as it was but the vikes added a dynamic reciever? just my 2 cents though

My point is don't take the Packers lightly, and don't think all hope is lost just because they got a new dynamic receiver. The Packers are full of good players. And last year was an exceptional year in football for the Vikings.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Packers fans are usually very optimistic Spanish. I agree that it's your opinion, you're not offending anyone or anything, but until proven wrong, the Vikings are 1 1/2 games behind and playing like crap. They're the #24 in passing yards and THE WORST team in passing TDs.

Excuse me if I don't see how only one receiver will suddenly make them at the top of the league. I know they were last year, but this year they've been HORRIBLE, and that starts with the QB.
I would have to say that the Passing game is playing like crap. The other aspects of the Vikings game seem to be in order, they don't have a problem running the ball, the Defense is doing ok and special teams seems to be ok. So if the passing game comes together they will be fine. Can one player make a difference? I don't know. Take Finley out of the picture for the Packers and what happens? Do they have someone to replace his production? Take Rice out for MN, deep threat is gone. Put Moss in, deep threat is back. As good? Who knows. But the fact is the other teams have to account for him. Now with Moss and if/when Rice comes back they have two deep threats. Rice, Harvin, Shiancoe, and Moss with Peterson in the backfield. There won't be 8 in the box that's for sure. I think Peterson will be the overall beneficiary of the Moss trade. This of course all contingent on "Grandpa" getting his act back together.

Now, as to the Packers not winning the division, it's early in the season and anything can happen. Green Bay needs to do 2 things in my opinion. Fix special teams and come up with some type of running game. Without a running threat teams will just sell out to stop Rodgers from passing. If Detroit can hold Rodgers to under a 200 yards passing what will happen when they come up a against a team with a good pass defense? Rodgers only had 188 yards against Philly and 181 against Detroit. And if you don't think teams are looking at how they did it you would be sorely mistaken.

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if favre was able to tear us up last year.. we havent done much to fix the secondary.. its the same as last year.. and with the aquisition of Moss i just cant see us taking it anymore.. i hope im wrong but we are the same team as last year.. and they just got better.. thoughts?

Before you crown the Vikes NFC North Division Champs look at their next SEVEN games:

Jets
Cowboys
Packers
Pats
Cards
Bears
Packers

They are 1-2 now... how many of those games do you think they're gonna win?!?!??

The'll be 4-6 after that strech... AT BEST

Members online

Latest posts