Hypothetical: What would you give the Vikings for Adrian Peterson?

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After reading previous posts, ppl need to stop letting emotions cloud their judgement. AD is a beast. He is a straight BEAST! He is arguably the best RB in the NFL today.

Which is why there's no way in hell Minnesota would ever trade him to us.

And Reggie Bush? Seriously, I hope that's a joke.

What I'd like to know is why people think our Super Bowl winning team is so bad we need to bring in someone else's free agent?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After reading previous posts, ppl need to stop letting emotions cloud their judgement. AD is a beast. He is a straight BEAST! He is arguably the best RB in the NFL today.
Yes, he is.

Thing is, RB is one of the less valued positions in the NFL, if not THE less valued.

It's the less durable position in the NFL, with an average of only 5 top years out of a rb. Most teams are switching to a 2 back scheme. And most teams, specially the Packers, put almost 70% of their Offense on passing.

Couple that with the fact that Peterson isn't a 3 down running back (he's not good at blocking nor catching), and he wouldn't have much value in the eyes of the Packers.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wait, does Reggie Bush come with Kim K? I might be willing to consider that then.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wait, does Reggie Bush come with Kim K? I might be willing to consider that then.

Oh, ivo... You obv don't keep up with the kardashians. On the latest episode, we learned that Kim had to end her relationship with Shango as he had to go back to Aussie.

Aaand... I'm not ashamed for knowing that.

Packerfury

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know what I would give up. I don't value him that high. he's just a running back. They can be found on the cheap to do what we would need them to do. I also don't think he has many years left. He's a work horse rb. They usually don't last long anymore before they start to break down. I say usually because there are exceptions here and there. add the years he has under his belt to how physical he is and I just don't know how many super productive years he has left. Every time he hits the hole and throws himself into a linebacker with all the force he has, I feel like he's going to get hurt.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, ivo... You obv don't keep up with the kardashians. On the latest episode, we learned that Kim had to end her relationship with Shango as he had to go back to Aussie.

Aaand... I'm not ashamed for knowing that.

I think I have seen 3 episodes. One I noticed that we stayed in the exact same hotel room in vegas. weird right? I hope they didnt switch out the pillows :)

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if you traded Peterson after the draft you could score some great picks in the 2012 draft, mail in this season, and draft Luck with the #1 overall pick, and have enough ammo in the draft to surround him with enough young talent to win early on.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if you traded Peterson after the draft you could score some great picks in the 2012 draft, mail in this season, and draft Luck with the #1 overall pick, and have enough ammo in the draft to surround him with enough young talent to win early on.

Problem is there's no guarantee there will be a draft next season, or any other season for that matter.

Part of the player's anti-trust lawsuit against the NFL is the draft itself. It's why Von Miller's name is on the lawsuit. Their contention is that the league is violating anti-trust laws by forcing players to play for a specific team, i.e the team that drafted them, rather than allowing incoming players to play for a team offering better compensation or a team they want to play for.

While I don't think the draft will go away, fact is it's a real possibility. The players are opening Pandora's box with this lawsuit, and it wouldn't surprise me if Judge Doty kills the draft completely.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Problem is there's no guarantee there will be a draft next season, or any other season for that matter.

Part of the player's anti-trust lawsuit against the NFL is the draft itself. It's why Von Miller's name is on the lawsuit. Their contention is that the league is violating anti-trust laws by forcing players to play for a specific team, i.e the team that drafted them, rather than allowing incoming players to play for a team offering better compensation or a team they want to play for.

While I don't think the draft will go away, fact is it's a real possibility. The players are opening Pandora's box with this lawsuit, and it wouldn't surprise me if Judge Doty kills the draft completely.

Then I think we should just kill the draft section of this forum and the Packers should fire all of the scouts. Clearly a waste.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When was the last time an elite rb won a SB? Jamal Lewis?

Doesnt mean someone wouldnt want him. I get the argument that a running game is overrated but if your saying its useless then your wrong. If not for fumbles, 12 men on the field, favre, ect the vikings would have gone to the SB with an elite running back.

I believe while the Saints didnt have one great running back they did have an elite running game in 09.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then I think we should just kill the draft section of this forum and the Packers should fire all of the scouts. Clearly a waste.

No need to get an attitude man. I was simply pointing out that while there may be football if the judge rules against the owners and allows the anti-trust suit, teams may not be so quick to start trading players for future picks when there's no guarantee those picks will be able to be used.

There's also no guarantee there WON'T be a draft either. The best thing for teams to do at this point is to continue business as (Mostly) usual. Keep your scouting department in tact and assume there will be a draft, but use caution in case there isn't. Really it's nothing more than that.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If there's no more draft, it doesn't mean that there won't be college players in the NFL.

It will only mean that every college kid will be an undrafted free agent, and the "draft process" will become "recruiting".

There will be even more need for scouts, and one of their jobs will be to convince these kids that the Packers are the best destination for them.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No need to get an attitude man. I was simply pointing out that while there may be football if the judge rules against the owners and allows the anti-trust suit, teams may not be so quick to start trading players for future picks when there's no guarantee those picks will be able to be used.

There's also no guarantee there WON'T be a draft either. The best thing for teams to do at this point is to continue business as (Mostly) usual. Keep your scouting department in tact and assume there will be a draft, but use caution in case there isn't. Really it's nothing more than that.

If you don't want to discuss it then that's fine, but to shoot my comment down off of the possibility of not having the draft is going to get a response like that. It's one thing to note it it's another to just use that as your response. I wouldn't comment on everyone free agent comments saying it might not happen.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If there is no draft then we're ******.

"Hey, yeah, really good prospect, come to Green Bay where it snows half the ******* year and there's nothing to do after 9 pm."

No draft? No cap? Sounds somewhat like college football. Cept this one would be dominated by about 4 teams. Packers would have no chance.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

"Hey, yeah, really good prospect, come to Green Bay where it snows half the ******* year and there's nothing to do after 9 pm."
While I agree, they said the exact same thing about Free Agency, and still, Reggie White came.

This would only scare the primadonnas away. The "packer people" prospects, wanting to win championships and get paid well, would still come.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What would I give for AP?

Not even a warm bucket of ****.

We don't need any Viking to help us. The stink of choking is now with him after playing so long with the Vikes - wouldn't wan't him infecting the Packers.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you don't want to discuss it then that's fine, but to shoot my comment down off of the possibility of not having the draft is going to get a response like that. It's one thing to note it it's another to just use that as your response. I wouldn't comment on everyone free agent comments saying it might not happen.

I didn't shoot your comment down, nor did I respond negatively. I posted my response as a mere footnote. If you choose to take it otherwise, so be it, but you'd be taking it incorrectly from it's intended meaning.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score

I don't know, We got Reggie to come some how.

Members online

Latest posts