1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Hypothetical: What would you give the Vikings for Adrian Peterson?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Jess, Feb 21, 2011.

1. fettpett

fettpett Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217
    what for their kittens? lol:happy0005:

• Like Like x 1
  2. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,011
    Peterson seems to really like being a Viking. Strange. He'll be starting his 5th season, the time when a lot of running backs start their decline. I'd love to have him in Green Bay, but wouldn't give up a high draft pick for him.

3. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Adrian who? James Starks, bitch. James Starks.

No, seriously now, the highest I'd give for Peterson is a 3rd round pick. Now, don't get me wrong, he's the best back in football. But there are some things that prevent me from spending too much.

1) We don't need him. We just won a SB without much of a running game, and found one later on. We get our #1 RB back.
    2) James Starks. The kid might prove to be something good.
    3) Duracy of RBs. They don't last long. Though he's only 26, he has already taken a beating. He has 5 more productive years out of him, if that much.
    4) The way we run our O. If he was Marshal Faulk, it would be a different thing. I'd give a 1st rounder, with this team, for a 26 year old Marshal Faulk. Not only was he a great back, he was great at catching the ball and blocking. Those are not particularly strong traits with Peterson.

So, because of all that, a 3rd is the most I'd give for him...

4. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,074
    Marshall Faulk? wow this offense would be on another planet. Maybe better than the 07 pats even. Dont tell snowplow I said that though.

5. brett2520

brett2520 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +32
    Maybe better than the 07 Pats????? WTF This would be the greatest team EVER! NOT PACKERS TEAM - BEST EVER TEAM. He would have 2000 yards in season one.(after A-Rod lights up the oppposing offense's defense through the air)

I would give a first rounder, third rounder and Barnett. One draft would be pretty shot, but with that team it would be unbelievable.

6. greenandgold

greenandgold I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan

Ratings:
    +465

Come on guys. I'm still trying to recover from all of Ahman Green's fumbles.

• Like Like x 1
  7. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,011
    I'd be happy to put up with an occasional fumble for the chance to see him break one for 80 yards and a TD. BTW, he fumbled a grand total of 1 time this past season, I believe.

8. Rodgers2Finley4TDs

Rodgers2Finley4TDs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +16
    Good god, people are willing to give up A LOT for Gaydrian Peterskin. I hate that guy I can't see him in a Packers uniform. No way we should help the Vikings rebuild. Lets let them run Peterson into the ground as they never get past 9-7 for the rest of his career. Dude can't carry a team at all. Whens the last time he's put the team on his back when they needed him? against us in 2008? He hasn't had a 200 yard game since his rookie year.

9. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    I can understand talk of getting other players if the Pack didn't even make it to the SB.
    But since they brought the Lombardi home, I don't understand talk of getting other players at all.
    Are we really that bad?
    Do we really need to even THINK of fixing something?

10. Croak

Croak Terminally twisted.

Ratings:
    +1,205
    I wouldn't trade for him. I'd try to keep what the Pack has now. Crazy you say? The past couple of seasons Peterson averaged about 86 yards a game. This past season, the Packers "running back by committee" averaged about 100 yards per game. They don't have the moments of flash that Peterson has, but they get the job done more efficiently. Let him stay with the Vikes.

11. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,074
    When was we saw a RB carry a team? I honestly cant remember.

12. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    Boy if AP can't carry a team then we're really ****** with what we have.

13. Rodgers2Finley4TDs

Rodgers2Finley4TDs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +16
    Rashard Mendenall killed the Jets in the AFC title game. That's an example of a RB coming up huge in a big game.

14. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    121 yards?

Starks ran for more than that against the Eagles.

Peterson's topped that 14 times in his career.

15. GBPack2010

GBPack2010 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +67
    I would rather draft a mauler at LG to open running gaps for less money as well than trade for Adrian Peterson. Seeing it as hypothetical I'd say production wise he's WORTH 1st rounder and 2nd rounder. Unless a team is painstakingly stupid or very very very desperate at RB no one will give up first, second and third for any player. What good is a RB when he has no supporting cast while demanding money in $10 mil range?

• Like Like x 2
  16. Boy Scout

Boy Scout Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    How about a fake Super Bowl trophy so that the don't feel as if the suck that much?

17. metallicblaze

metallicblaze Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +19
    It is only hypothetical, and I wouldn't mind AP here. But, the cost would be significant and I'd rather TT stay the course and build through the draft and resign our own guys.

18. Pigpenster

Pigpenster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    On another note the Redskins just released Clinton Portis...Being a transplant from WI to VA I've seen him play a number of times and hes probably one of the better backs in the league (even with Washingtons crappy O-Line). I wonder how he would fit into a Packers offense?

19. 2411t

2411t Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +119
    Next season, we sign Brett Favre as Rodgers back up. We then trade Ryan Grant, a 1, and a 2 for AD. Then... same season, we trade them Brett Favre for two 1st round picks.

2411t for Green Bay Packers GM, 2016!!!!

20. packerfan4ever

packerfan4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +53
    well why not look at Bush then saints may not take him back,I would give vikes a dummy doll that looks like A-Rod even the dummy would play better than the q.bs they have.

21. Croak

Ratings:
    +1,205
    I think I'd offer them a can of Stickum spray....oh, wait a minute, if WE got Peterson, we'd need all the Stickum we could get.

22. 2411t

2411t Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +119
    After reading previous posts, ppl need to stop letting emotions cloud their judgement. AD is a beast. He is a straight BEAST! He is arguably the best RB in the NFL today.

23. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    I'm late to this party in this thread, but I have to agree with this post: I think Adrian is the best runner in football.

The problem is he's taken 4 years of pounding, and I think his best is behind him. However, I think he still has 3-5 great years left, and if he was on our offense, holy s************ would defenses have nightmares the night before playing us.

24. Croak

Ratings:
    +1,205
    I'll just point back to what I posted earlier. What we have now averaged more yards per game in 2010 than Peterson. (Yet Peterson gets all the press, and our running back by committee is under-rated.)

It wouldn't make sense to take a step back.

25. 2411t

2411t Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +119
    I nearly crapped my pants when I saw the knee-to-knee in slow mo' with Tjack. Eeeew