Hypothetical: What would you give the Vikings for Adrian Peterson?

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
ivo brought this up in another thread, the idea of them dealing AP to supercharge their rebuilding effort. I thought it was an interesting topic.

What's the absolute most you would part with to get Peterson here?

A 1, a 4, and Matt Flynn is coming into my mind right now as a deal that seems fair to me.

And a seperate question:

What's realistic fair value that the Vikes could expect if they one day decided to trade AP?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hate the idea of trading a QB within the division.

With that said I think 2 #1s would be fair.

Maybe finley and 2 #2s

Thanks for the shout out btw :)

OP
OP
Jess

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
hate the idea of trading a QB within the division.

With that said I think 2 #1s would be fair.

Maybe finley and 2 #2s

Thanks for the shout out btw :)
I don't like it much either, but I think if we had AP to go with Rodgers, Jennings, Finley, etc, it wouldn't matter much who their QB was.
--------------------
Figured I should give credit where credit was due. Your post was the one that inspired the thread. :)

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nothing.

A) He's a divisional rival, so I don't want to aid in the Vikings rebuilding effort.

B) We don't need an All Day in our backfield considering our passing tendencies.

C) We already got 2 quality running backs

D) He's a running back with fumbling problems, a major no-no in this offense.

E) Oh, and running backs are the easiest position to find

I'd consider CJ-28 since he'd be more effective in the spread passing offense, but even then, nothing more than a 2 at the very most (or Flynn).

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A 1st, 3rd and a player of no real value... Packers should have an extra 3rd this year as a compensatory pick for Kampman.

I don't see the Viqueens trading him though. Guy is one of the two best running backs in the league.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nothing.

A) He's a divisional rival, so I don't want to aid in the Vikings rebuilding effort.

B) We don't need an All Day in our backfield considering our passing tendencies.

C) We already got 2 quality running backs

D) He's a running back with fumbling problems, a major no-no in this offense.

E) Oh, and running backs are the easiest position to find

I'd consider CJ-28 since he'd be more effective in the spread passing offense, but even then, nothing more than a 2 at the very most (or Flynn).

One fumble last year.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
when he came out, I wanted TT to trade up to get him, could have done it, instead we drafted Harrell (even after the Browns offered us a deal for the following year so they could get Quinn)

Now, after Chilly screwed him up, Idk if I would want him on this team, but If I was on another team, a first and 2nd for him.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even hypothetically speaking, I can't see Minnesota every voluntarily trading him to us for anything. You don't help your division rivals, especially by offering up a tailback with the speed and talent of Peterson.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wouldn't trust him on one potentially fluke season. There's a difference between playing in a dome and playing at Lambeau in January.

Fixing the offensive line + our running back tandem is a more realistic option and more productive than just adding a big name HB.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wouldn't trust him on one potentially fluke season. There's a difference between playing in a dome and playing at Lambeau in January.

Fixing the offensive line + our running back tandem is a more realistic option and more productive than just adding a big name HB.

Potentially fluke season? Couldn't it just be hard work and increased focus on ball control?

We all agree AP is not a realistic option. The point of the thread is "Hypothetically, what would you give the Viks for AP". I like Ryan Grant and James Starks, but would trade both of them in a heartbeat for AP.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup. Fumbling problems can be fixed. Worked for Donatello, errr, Tiki Barber.
He's still having fumbling problems.

Spreading bull crap rumors of what the G on the helmets really stands for. Among the Packers players themselves.
Dude should keep his pie hole shut!

Members online

Latest posts