hungry hungry players. It will work out

stump5454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:D Williams has edge to start ahead of Hunt

Corey Williams By Todd Korth , [email protected]
Date: Jun 20, 2005

With Cletidus Hunt either injured or AWOL this off-season, Corey Williams has stepped in and has made the most of an opportunity to start at defensive tackle for the Green Bay Packers. Hunt has proven himself in the last two years to be the epitome of a lazy, non-committed athlete, but Williams is at the opposite end of the spectrum. Now the second-year pro is in position to improve a weak-link along the defensive line.

Williams suffered a blow in his quest to take over as the starter at the

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll say this - for a couple of years now, one hasn't gotten the idea (at all) that any true competition was allowed or worth the effort. It always seemed like whomever the starter was the previous year... was who would automatically start again this year.

THIS YEAR IS DIFFERENT - and about damn time!
I hope Bates benches anyone who takes plays off... I don't care what their rep is....!

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As with all these later round draft choices, sometimes their attitude and desire can be the biggest difference between a guy with supposedly more talent. My hope is that Williams takes over the spot in such a way that there is not doubt in Hunt's mind of what he must do to play on this team. If Williams produces, then our defensive line will be better.

Members online

Latest posts