How ticked off would you be IF you were a Bears fan right now?

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK
Your a Bears fan and your team has locked up the 2nd seed in the NFL playoffs.

Then you get beat by your arch rival on the last weekend of the reg. season and allow them into the playoffs...

Next you find out that the Seahawks will be comming to town. Sure Seattle won their reg. season game vs Chicago AND is comming off a HUGE upset over last yrs champs, but still.... As a Bears fan you have got to be loving your chances!

AND THEN

BOOM! Your arch Rival Destroys the #1 seeded Falcons

HAHAHA Then you find out you get to play the RED HOT Packers for the 3rd time.

the game starts, your team falls behind 0-14
qb 1 goes down with a "knee injury"
qb 2 looks like he can't cut it even in a powderpuff league and gets benched.

Finally
qb 3 throws all of your hopes and dreams away with an INT

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I'd want to commit suicide. I'm serious. Haine threw two backbreaking picks. Raji's pick-6 and Sheild's game ending one. Bears fans got a taste of what it's like to be a Packer fan under Farve in a championship game.

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be ticked off that the supposed franchise QB folded when faced with adveristy and then bailed. Donovan McNabb played on a broken ankle and led the Eagles to win. Philip Rivers played on a torn knee ligament for the Chargers. But Cutler obviously isn't that tough.

I'd be ticked off that the offense didn't show up until the third string QB was put in out of sheer desperation.

Then I'd be ticked off for being dumb enough to be Bears fan in the first place because everyone knows..:chisux:

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
We've all felt plenty of pain over the past, so I dont really care. We've all been there. Lets hope we feel the way we feel right now two weeks and 3 hours from now- I'm confident we will.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Bear's fan "I've been a Bear fan for over 27 years.....this by far is the worst loss ever suffered. Especially from someone who put the Pack as priority #1. I'M DONE WITH THE LACK OF EMOTION......IT'S FOOTBALL!!!!!!! It is supposed to be an emotional game. If the players feel that he should be the coach, because they like him....then they have succumbed to losing!"

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I was becoming more and more sick to my stomach as Hanie drove them down the field.

If their 3rd stringer had actually led them back and then beaten us I would've literally vomited.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Weird thing is that most of the Bears fans hate their current team but were forced to jump on the positivity bandwagon with each win. Most of them hate lovie, their o line, greg olsen and sometimes they don't like Cutler. It was strange to see them just bash the crap out of the team up until that Eagles game, then it switched from "fire lovie, this team sucks and is lucky" to full on meatball mode.

css9450

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was becoming more and more sick to my stomach as Hanie drove them down the field.

If their 3rd stringer had actually led them back and then beaten us I would've literally vomited.

I hear you there! I'm not sure how or why the Bears showed up for that 4th Quarter, but with 4 minutes remaining I was certain they were going to win. I was almost sick. It felt like they had the ball for 13 minutes that quarter to the Packers' 2. The good news is the better team won and we won't be seeing any live camera shots on the news tonight where 22-year-old girls say "ZOMG This is JUST like 1985!!!"

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just know that if I was a Bears fan and if I got so caught up in the rivalry that I came onto here and talked trash and how we were going to beat the Packers so badly, that I would feel too ashamed to ever sign in here again.

And of course I would be joining in the chorus over on the Bears forums about the bad calling AGAINST our team.

oregonfootball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bears fans deserved every thing you said. Think they would care how we would feel after a huge loss.
I don't want that feeling ever again. I was in bad shape after the Superbowl when we could not stop the broncos like the last 7 minutes. It affected me like a death in the family. Horrible.

Midway Monster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, as a Bears fan, it does suck. But hey, you win some and you lose some, and most of the time you're going to lose to a better team. And honestly, I would hate to lose to Dallas more.

The two things that really bothered me...the Todd Collins project. That was the second worst outburst on my part. Everybody saw that Hanie is a good QB in preseason, inexperienced or not. As soon as I saw Collins take the field, I felt the Bears gave up...that's how bad Collins is.

But the worst was when the Bears were driving at the end of the game, on a 3rd and three, coming off a timeout, and the Bears run a WR end around?...with Bennett???? I sat there with face in palms and kept saying, "Earl Bennett on an end around? Are you serious?" Now I am one to know that it takes more then one play to win or lose a game, but that one play call did a lot to help the Packers out.

Bottom line, the Packers are a better team. In preseason, I did pick the Pack to win the SB but I also had the Bears going 5-11, so I totally blew one.

Oh well, good luck to the Pack in the SB. I'm still on the fence for who I am rooting for. I like the Steelers but have an extreme dislike for Rothlisberger. I'll probably wait and see who most of the people at the party are rooting for and then go for the team they all hate.

Eis Bowl

Touchdown Artist
Reaction score
Weird thing is that most of the Bears fans hate their current team but were forced to jump on the positivity bandwagon with each win. Most of them hate lovie, their o line, greg olsen and sometimes they don't like Cutler. It was strange to see them just bash the crap out of the team up until that Eagles game, then it switched from "fire lovie, this team sucks and is lucky" to full on meatball mode.

I couldn't agree more. At the beginning of last year it was "Cutler is taking us to the Super Bowl". It slowly changed to "Why did we trade for this guy?". Then he is the greatest QB and now back to hating him. Same with Lovie.

I know there are plenty of Bears fans that are consistent, love the game and can show some respect for other teams and fans but I'm sorry, the majority just float up and down with the love/hate. It must be a miserable way to go through life. I learned more about bears fans as people in general over the past few weeks than I would have liked and has really changed the way I look at them. Interacting with them and reading their forums made my brain boil. I kept my mouth shut and waiting for yesterday's game kept me up at night. Now I'm just walking around with a big smile on my face.

As I said there are good Bears fans and also other teams have the same type of fans. I don't know any personally but I know we have fans that are ****** too but the way I've seen us act the past couple weeks in person and on forums only helps to remind me why I'm a Packers fan. And why I love it.

Oh yeah... and the Bears still suck. Go PACK!

OP
OP
packers020802

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The best story comming out of the Bears FAIL:
(Besides GB going to the SB)
All of these NFL Player Tweets calling out Cutler.
He better have a serious knee injury or he's gonna be hearing about his for the rest of his career.

The best tweet so far, was the Urban Myer Syndrom: When the going gets tough....... QUIT

Midway Monster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The best story comming out of the Bears FAIL:
(Besides GB going to the SB)
All of these NFL Player Tweets calling out Cutler.
He better have a serious knee injury or he's gonna be hearing about his for the rest of his career.

The best tweet so far, was the Urban Myer Syndrom: When the going gets tough....... QUIT

I don't see why people are all over Cutler, early reports say a torn MCL.

Cutler's toughness should not be questioned. He was sacked 52 times and got up every time, just as Rodgers did in '09.

I question Cutler's gameplay.

Packer fans of anybody should know that an injured starting QB can be worse for a team...see Favre.

arrimike

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It might be worse then the packers loss in 07 to the Giants

I don't think anything could be worse than that. During that whole game, it just felt like it was destiny for us to go to the Super Bowl. Giants kicker kept missing, us getting the ball to start the overtime (were the hell was that new overtime rule couple years back when we needed it) then the FAvRe doing what he does. I will never forget. Most disappointing loss in my life time... wasn't really old enough to fathom the loss in the Super Bowl.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't question Cutler's physical toughness. The offensive line should be the group that is getting blasted after letting Cutler get killed all season.

A bum knee prevents Cutler from escaping the pass rush AND severely limits his throwing ability. Supposedly, the medical staff sidelined him, anyway. Had he kept playing, its very likely that he'd have gotten more injured with the pass rush we were presenting.

However, his demeanor is depressing. Hate watching him hang his head on the sideline and not interacting with his teammates. He even looked like he was listening to an iPod. Feel bad for the guy, like something from his childhood has completely affected him and he can't let it go.

Members online

Latest posts