How Long do you wait to retire Favres number

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought the Packer organization jumped the gun on scheduling that ceremony to start with.
Of course they should even if he ends up playing for another team, just not till about 5 years after he is done for sure.

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmmm...maybe it could be done on a "revolving" basis...you know, retire it one year, un-retire it the next, and so on. :p

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Took a bit to get Reggie White's number retired and I don't think White and the Packers parted on great terms either. It would take a bit to get Favre's retired. 3-5 years is a good answer in my opinion.

TheEngineer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would assume the answer would be, when Favre really retires, whether it be 1 year from now or 3.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he moves on somewhere else it would be best to wait, I thought they jumped the gun (like yooperfan said) waiting a while would be best.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Hmmm...maybe it could be done on a "revolving" basis...you know, retire it one year, un-retire it the next, and so on. :p

You stole that idea from TJ.. couple of plays like and NFL QB.. the rest of the game.. hmmm not so much. ;)

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm glad I'm not one of the fans who spent $400-$500 (or even more) a ticket for the Minnesota game, only to find out that there is a good possibility there will be no jersey retirement.

When the schedule came out, I had to decide quickly which game I wanted to go to, because the hotels book up very quickly. I'm glad I chose the Colts game. Had I chose the Minnesota game, I would be pretty f ing pissed. I think I would have to declare shenanigans against Brett Favre.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm glad I'm not one of the fans who spent $400-$500 (or even more) a ticket for the Minnesota game, only to find out that there is a good possibility there will be no jersey retirement.

When the schedule came out, I had to decide quickly which game I wanted to go to, because the hotels book up very quickly. I'm glad I chose the Colts game. Had I chose the Minnesota game, I would be pretty f ing pissed. I think I would have to declare shenanigans against Brett Favre.

makes no sense. people spend extra money to go to a specific game which your hero is retiring. and you're pissed off at him because he wants to keep performing so you can still watch him play. the thought pattern of some people is really twisted.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought the Packer organization jumped the gun on scheduling that ceremony to start with.
Of course they should even if he ends up playing for another team, just not till about 5 years after he is done for sure.

Agreed, it was almost as if they wanted to turn the page ASAP. I never did like the idea of doing it this upcoming season, and certainly not at the home/season opener. I would opt for the season of his HOF induction(5 years after he has been out of the league).

Latest posts