How do you feel about Brett Favre?

How do you feel about Brett Favre?

• Love him. I will always support him wherever he plays.

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Love him, but cannot support him now that he's not here.

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • He is mostly dead to me, but I maintain a little respect.

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • He is completely dead to me. I maintain no respect for him whatsoever.

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters

westcoast

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Packer Fans --

This poll is for a community newspaper, and we were interested in getting a feel for how long-time fans feel about Favre given all that has happened over the years.

Thanks for your response.

tonyftucker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't explain to people how hard this is for myself, and maybe i share the same mixed feelings with some but it seems like many are ready to forget all he did in the uniform we cheer for cause he plays for the division rival.

Fave is my Favorite all time athlete and packers are my favorite sports team. I can't not pick a side in this up coming monday night game. I wrote my recent article on what this game is like for me. I will try and keep emotion out of it and just watch it as a sports fan. I don't think it will work but i'll try.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/263510-packers-fan-torn-due-to-un-favre-getable-memories

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no respect whatsoever for him as a person. And, to me, his legacy has been severely damaged by going to Minnesota.

However, I still have respect for the player he is (though not near the player he once was), and what he has done for the packers. He has definitely stopped being my idol, but I cannot disassociate the 96' superbowl with Favre.

That being said, my perception of him isn't definite. What he does this season will have a lot to do with the way I'll see him in the future. But as a person, that won't change.

paco

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You should have an option for I Just Don't Give A Crap. Love him, hate him, whatever. If he's not a Packer, I don't concern myself with him.

Only thing I care about now, is that I can find Favre jerseys at resale/thrift stores really cheap now. Got 2, 1 brand new, Favre jersey and a Freeman for $15 total.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I will support him when he leaves the Vikings right now he is no better than AP, Jared Allen and all the rest that wear purple

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I will support him when he leaves the Vikings right now he is no better than AP, Jared Allen and all the rest that wear purple
Agreed.

I have no respect for him now. None. Simply because he's a Viking.

If he ever actually retires, I will remember him as the guy that won us a Super Bowl and the best player in franchise history though.

But, until then, he's dead to me. No respect at all. He's Rodney Dangerfield, i'm everyone else. He can't get no respect.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I'm there with you last two guys. He's the quarterback for an opposing team. I'm more concerned with the health and safety of the Quarterback for the Green Bay Packers.

Then again, I've never been much of a fan of a number on a player's back. I don't hate him ... I don't like him ... because as has been said here... #4 isn't a Packer any longer. What we need is for someone on our defense to take him out for a few hours ... nothing personal, he's the opponent's QB and we need him gone.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree, I don't have much respect for him since he's a Viking. I will appreciate him fully once he is retired officially for good. What if Favre does marginally well with the Vikes? Will he then flip flop with them too? I'm just glad he wouldn't be doing it to the Packers.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love Brett Favre - always have, always will. It makes little difference to me where he plays. He's a special person and player. I can't name another professional athlete that has had such a substantial impact on my life.

When I really think about things, the Packers are really nothing more than a business that is in business to make money - just like any other business that happens to be incorporated in Wisconsin. I could see my view being different if all NFL players played for nominal wages and hailed from the state of the city they play for. However, nothing could be further from the truth.

Sure, I'm disappointed Brett Favre no longer plays for Green Bay, but how could I fault the man for wanting to continue to pursue his dreams and goals? I should also add I find myself a bit angered over the fact that some are forcing fellow fans to "choose" sides. Well, I refuse to be forced into abandoning my admiration for Brett Favre and the Green Bay Packers.

At this point, I am cheering equally for Brett Favre and the Packers. The only challenge I could foresee is if the two teams meet in the NFCCG - which by the looks of both offensive lines is probably not something I will need to worry about.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@Hauschild-

Don't drink the kool-aid. Brett going to Minny had nothing to do with his desire to continue playing. If he had that desire, he could have stayed with the Jets. He wanted to be a Viking all along, ever since he decided Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy didn't kiss his *** enough to come back.

The guy had ample opportunity to come back and play with us last season. Unfortunately we had no choice but to move on, and I think we'll be better for it in the long run.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Sparta, he loves Brett and nothing wrong with it..

I dont want this thread turning into a huge stupid and silly argument that happens all over the place..

With that said just try to remain civil, something unlike Bear fans :p

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
The dude is a viking now which means he is 20x the ****** bag he was before.

Let the vikings retire his number and put him in the hall of fame as a Viking. He wanted to be on that team, he should stick with them. I could care less now if they retire his number or put him in the HOF. Traitors don't deserve any respect.

America

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The last athlete I idolized was Willie Mays when I was 10. I've never really understood how grown adults can idolize a multi-millionaire jock who doesn't know them from Adam or care about them at all.

I've never understood the cult-like following Favre has. He was a phenomenal player in the mid-90s but in the decade since he's been a relatively average/above average QB who turns the ball over too much. It was time for the Packers to move forward with a QB who could committ to the team on a full-time basis and who stood a better chance of not melting down in the playoffs.

Since his retirement, I think he's acted poorly towards the organization and their fans. His desire for revenge against the organization that made him rich and famous is particularly petty.

I think that the long lens of history will be a lot less enamoured of Favre than his ardent fans are now. By no means do I think he's the greatest player in franchise history, or even the greatest QB in franchise history.

So he's dead to me. Overrated, egotistical, insecure, petty prima-donna. When they retire his jersey, I'll buy a ticket just so I can sit in the stands and boo. And I won't be alone, either.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you have it backwards america. I believe 5 or so years after Favre has retired the hatred towards him will come way down. He has made his mark on the NFL as well as the Packers just by way of his records that he accomplished while with the Packers.

You can't look through an NFL almanac without seeing his name pop a dozen times and it will probably stay that way for a long time. Peyton will catch up to some of his records but not all. The guy has a tremendous amount of respect from people outside of Wisconsin and it will stay that way regardless of how this season ends.

Latest posts