Hope MM calls better plays if we go up on the Steelers.

L

Lunchboxer

The 2nd Half play calling was bad. MM got too Conservative. There was this one play it was 3rd and 1 late in the 4th QTR our last Possession of the game MM opted to screen pass i think and we did not convert. John Kuhn was a no factor. Hes 9/10 on 3rd and 1 conversions. Dont know why we did not try to pound up the middle with Kuhn.

We kept Chicago Hanging around. Thank god Raji had that Pick 6.

Hope Rodgers has a really amazing day next Sunday.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
god please dont run it on 3rd and 1 with the game on the line!! please lets know who we are we are NOT the team that will line up against the steelers and run it for one yard when they know whats coming! troy will be in our back field ready to take the handoff from Rodgers.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Yeah, lets try not to "FOOL" the Steelers by sticking Rodgers in an empty backfield on 3rd and 1. (Mike Sherman classic).

The Packers in 2003 against the Eagles (divisional playoff) with Ahman Green averaging 6ypc, lined up Brett in an empty backfield on a 4th an 1!!!! GB also had Best O-line in football and was knocking the Eagles off the ball all game. The Eagles smoked Farve on a Blitz. Jeez, I guess they sniffed out it was gonna be a pass!! GOD!!! I do not miss Sherman at all.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems like MM likes to sit on a lead in the 2nd half, but I haven't seen any numbers to prove it. Against the Bears, Quarless had a couple of drops that would have given us 1st downs--play calls that were good but just didn't work. You can't blame Mike for those.

We've been stuffed more often than not on short yardage runs against defenses worse than what we'll see Sunday, so I suspect those will be passing downs.

It's going to be a great game.

L

Lunchboxer

It seems like MM likes to sit on a lead in the 2nd half, but I haven't seen any numbers to prove it. Against the Bears, Quarless had a couple of drops that would have given us 1st downs--play calls that were good but just didn't work. You can't blame Mike for those.

We've been stuffed more often than not on short yardage runs against defenses worse than what we'll see Sunday, so I suspect those will be passing downs.

It's going to be a great game.

Yea but not handing it to John Kuhn who is 9/10 on 3rd and 1/Short.

Just Pound it up the middle with Kuhn.

Im wondering if we will hear the KUUUUUUUHN Chant if he gets the ball.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea but not handing it to John Kuhn who is 9/10 on 3rd and 1/Short.

Just Pound it up the middle with Kuhn.

Im wondering if we will hear the KUUUUUUUHN Chant if he gets the ball.

I'm still not convinced our o-line is strong enough to do this, but I like the concept.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The o-line will be different in the s.b. think they are ready for anything,M.M. didn't want to show everthing in the bears game.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
See the problem I have with don't go showing your opponent everything in a game is, you have to win the game first, and we weren't up by a high enough lead to guarentee that.

I really hope we can convert on all 3rd downs.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope he keeps his foot on the gas if they get up in this game. That's not really his style, but I can still hope. Its exciting, but I don't want to have to have someone pick a ball off inside 2 minutes to end a Pitt drive that will either tie or win the game.

Claymaker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it is team dependent. Look at ATL, up 28-14 they still were winging it all over the place. Same with the Giants game. Philly they were up 21-3 or whatever it was and eased up a bit, but it was well into the 3rd quarter. I think once Cutler went out they figured there's just no way they could lose. Had they just settled for the FG on the Urlacher INT drive the game would not have been close. That was all on Rodgers. Turns out they'd have been better off if Cutler had played, as Haine was much better last weekend.

I do not see him trying to bleed clock against a team like Pittsburgh, even if they were fortunate enough to be up 10+ points in the 4th quarter.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I said something similar to my son. I told him I didn't like how MM goes conservative when he gets up on a team. Then my son said something that made me think; "His play calling got them to the Super Bowl. Do you think he should change it now?"

Steeler Tim

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Believe me, Steeler fans would gladly switch OCs with you guys. You have one of the better ones in the league and we have ... well, I'll be nice ... one that is below average.

Also, I wouldn't criticize him for going conservative. You have one of the better defenses in the league so it's not a bad thing to try and shorten the game and rely on the D.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
The problem is it's not fair to do this to the defense every time we get a lead. The game shouldn't be put on their shoulders and shouldn't be won on last minute INTs every single time we go up big. Why can't we just let our offense keep rolling, so both sides of the ball can relax towards the end of the game?

This is my biggest criticism of MM, I hope he shuts me up.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
The problem is it's not fair to do this to the defense every time we get a lead. The game shouldn't be put on their shoulders and shouldn't be won on last minute INTs every single time we go up big. Why can't we just let our offense keep rolling, so both sides of the ball can relax towards the end of the game?

This is my biggest criticism of MM, I hope he shuts me up.

Isn't the old adage; "Defense wins championships?"

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Isn't the old adage; "Defense wins championships?"
Maybe so, but someone's gotta put points on the board. It can't hurt you to let your offense loose when it's hot. I saw some of the best play calling from MM in the first quarter of that game, why did he stop?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't like nail biters or close games.
My hope is for this to be a blowout for the Packers.
And I like to think that is very possible since they are going back to a dome.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said something similar to my son. I told him I didn't like how MM goes conservative when he gets up on a team. Then my son said something that made me think; "His play calling got them to the Super Bowl. Do you think he should change it now?"
Yes.
His play calling made us sit on the edge of our seats in some games and lost others by a few points.
He needs to change it so the Packers come out in express mode and don't stop till the clock reads 00:00.
No more hand offs on 3rd and 5.
Yes, his play calling did get them there, but it can always be better to take them farther.
Like division champs with a bye week and play off games at Lambeau, next time.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have absolutely no problems with the way MM is coaching in the playoffs.

If he did it year round he would contend for HC of the year every season.

Contrary to his mentor Marty Schottenheimer, MM is a playoff coach. With the exception of the NFCC game in 07, in which he was just OK, MM has excelled during the playoffs. He kept with the run even after fumbles against Seattle, stuck with the passing, spread game against AZ, and these playoffs he has been phenomenal IMHO.

Reaction score
I don't like nail biters or close games.
My hope is for this to be a blowout for the Packers.
And I like to think that is very possible since they are going back to a dome.

Me neither. If we get a few scores on these guys then we continue to destroy them until the final quarter ends.

Members online

Latest posts