1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

HOF's who retire as Packers...or another team?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by OldSchoolFan, Jan 27, 2011.

1. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +307
    I figure sometime in the next 10 years, Woodson will retire. I also figure him to be a HOF member. With his 5th season winding down in GB, and his previous 8 in Oakland, how will he be presented? I figure it in green & gold, but I am looking at this thing thing thru Vince's horned rimmed glasses.

I am pretty sure Reggie went in as a Packer, I figure old #4 will go in also, ( although he could go in in purp, nnnahhhh)

Not sure what Lofton did....what do you think?

2. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    I'm thinking Donald Driver possibly.

3. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +307
    I guess I am wondering more about players who played in GB and went somewhere else, or started someplace else and played in GB.

I would luv to see DD in the HOF....

4. Aaron rodgers is god

Aaron rodgers is god Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +154
    DD says he doesn't care about the hall of fame. He says he just wants to be in the packers hall of fame

5. Lunchboxer

Lunchboxer Guest

Ratings:
    +76
    What about AL Harris. Im sure he would want to retire as a Packer.

6. Cheesehead Brittany

Cheesehead Brittany Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +184
    i thought reggie white went in as an eagle

7. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    I'm pretty sure players don't enter the HOF as members of a team. They go in as players. Individuals.

8. cakoski

cakoski Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Members go in as individuals not as a part of a certain team as in baseball. Since they put in with a bust of their head there is no helmet. Their induction includes all the teams they where with. So Reggie's includes Carolina and Lombardi's includes Washington

9. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +307

10. Claymaker

Claymaker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +70
    Correct, they don't go in as members of a specific team, like baseball players. They do list all the teams they played for though.

Woodson is going to be HOF, he's really the only player that RIGHT NOW is a HOF player on the Packers. Matthews and Rodgers obviously have a very good start in that direction.

Donald Driver? All-time great Packer, 100% Packer Hall of Famer but not even close to a Pro Football HOF.

As far as other Packer players who went on to other teams the biggest name who played with the Packers but was a monster elsewhere was Ted Hendricks.

11. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +1,232
    What about Justin Harrell? Hey, the guy has potential! :happy0005:

12. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +1,232
    ...And if Clay Matthews got in the HOF, they might just open up a section called, "The Matthews Family Annex".

13. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,274
    Driver and Harris have zero shot at the hall of fame. Driver has never had a double digit TD season even. With todays era and the passing numbers that are out there his numbers arent that impressive. Also there is a huge backlog of great WRs would are not in the HOF already.

14. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,312
    Even though players don't go in the Hall as a member of a specific team, the banners and pictures show each player in action. I would imagine the player has the right to designate which team he played for in the photos used in the ceremony--but I'm not sure. Anyone out there have the answer?