HOF's who retire as Packers...or another team?

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I figure sometime in the next 10 years, Woodson will retire. I also figure him to be a HOF member. With his 5th season winding down in GB, and his previous 8 in Oakland, how will he be presented? I figure it in green & gold, but I am looking at this thing thing thru Vince's horned rimmed glasses.

I am pretty sure Reggie went in as a Packer, I figure old #4 will go in also, ( although he could go in in purp, nnnahhhh)

Not sure what Lofton did....what do you think?

OP
OP
OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm thinking Donald Driver possibly.

I guess I am wondering more about players who played in GB and went somewhere else, or started someplace else and played in GB.

I would luv to see DD in the HOF....

cakoski

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Members go in as individuals not as a part of a certain team as in baseball. Since they put in with a bust of their head there is no helmet. Their induction includes all the teams they where with. So Reggie's includes Carolina and Lombardi's includes Washington

OP
OP
OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Members go in as individuals not as a part of a certain team as in baseball. Since they put in with a bust of their head there is no helmet. Their induction includes all the teams they where with. So Reggie's includes Carolina and Lombardi's includes Washington[/QUOTE

This is something I did not know...I always thought that a player had to choose a team. A tip of my old gray fedora to you cakoski!

Claymaker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Correct, they don't go in as members of a specific team, like baseball players. They do list all the teams they played for though.

Woodson is going to be HOF, he's really the only player that RIGHT NOW is a HOF player on the Packers. Matthews and Rodgers obviously have a very good start in that direction.

Donald Driver? All-time great Packer, 100% Packer Hall of Famer but not even close to a Pro Football HOF.

As far as other Packer players who went on to other teams the biggest name who played with the Packers but was a monster elsewhere was Ted Hendricks.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Woodson is going to be HOF, he's really the only player that RIGHT NOW is a HOF player on the Packers. Matthews and Rodgers obviously have a very good start in that direction.

What about Justin Harrell? Hey, the guy has potential! :happy0005:

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
...And if Clay Matthews got in the HOF, they might just open up a section called, "The Matthews Family Annex".

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Driver and Harris have zero shot at the hall of fame. Driver has never had a double digit TD season even. With todays era and the passing numbers that are out there his numbers arent that impressive. Also there is a huge backlog of great WRs would are not in the HOF already.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even though players don't go in the Hall as a member of a specific team, the banners and pictures show each player in action. I would imagine the player has the right to designate which team he played for in the photos used in the ceremony--but I'm not sure. Anyone out there have the answer?

Members online