Hi Folks! Panther Fan Here.

BBQ&Beer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First off, I have to apologize for my horrible manners. Last year I came to this forum & asked for advice on what to do at Lambeau on my wife's first trip there, (she's a huge Packer fan) & the people here were more than helpful. We had a fantastic time & so, thank you.

Now then, I don't do the "go to other teams forums & talk smack" thing, so....

Here's to a good game with no injuries. You don't need any defending your title & we don't need any (more.... sigh....) avoiding the #1 pick again.

That said, I hope Newton has a solid showing. If he's solid against your D the future looks bright for us indeed.

Reaction score
Hope to see a good game between an up and coming team and my favorite team! I don't see the Panthers losing less than 4 or 5games which is a great improvement (Especially with Beason injured). With Cam, you guys should have a chance to win most of your games!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
glad to hear you had a great time.

While I love that my team has the most championships, I am more proud of our reputation around the league for opposing fans. Its the destination for every football fan and almost all (cept ray rice) seem to leave happy and impressed.

Ok maybe I love being title town a little more, but not by much lol

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I've only been to one game at Lambeau, and it was against the Steelers... and every Steeler fan that I talked to
was so happy to be at Lambeau themselves,...that they had only heard of great experiences , win or lose at Lambeau.
Albeit they won that game,.. i'll never forget the visiting fans and their graciousness for being at Lambeau!

Here's to a well mannered game between us,...and my official welcome to the board!

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
I mean I would think the Panthers would want a #1 pick again. Then they can have one overrated guy at every position and one actual good guy. Cam, Shockey, and Stewart overrated. Luck, Olsen, and Williams would be good.... I kid but you guys got a big fight in your division with the Falcons, Saints, and the Bucs.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep let's hope for an injury free game. You guys have a ways to go but hope Newton works out for you. I think he'll have a tough outing this week.

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice to hear it. I too would have to agree with Ivo. After going to Chicago and countless games in Detroit at the Silverdome and Ford Field, I am so proud of the Lambeau (our) reputation with opposing fans. I saw it again this past week with Saints fans. After several threats of having my *** kicked in Chicago and Detroit, it is to the point where I won't wear Packer gear to those game anymore.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice to hear it. I too would have to agree with Ivo. After going to Chicago and countless games in Detroit at the Silverdome and Ford Field, I am so proud of the Lambeau (our) reputation with opposing fans. I saw it again this past week with Saints fans. After several threats of having my *** kicked in Chicago and Detroit, it is to the point where I won't wear Packer gear to those game anymore.
Try going to FED Ex Field and Philly. Last time I went to Fed Ex I got assualted and had my cheesehead stolen. The security people just laughed. Never again will I go to those stadiums with or without Packer gear.

Yes it is an entirely different experience at Lambeau. I have been fortunate to attend several games there and it's nothing but pleasurable. On one occassion I saw a Packer fan go up to a Redskin fan and thank them for coming and say I hope you give us a good game.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
We as Packer fans have a truley different respect for opposing teams fans we treat them as if they were a Packer fan. I remeber after we lost the NFCC game to the Giants I walked up to all the Giants fans I could find shook there hand said great game but do me one favor beat the F****** Patriots...

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Try going to FED Ex Field and Philly. Last time I went to Fed Ex I got assualted and had my cheesehead stolen. The security people just laughed. Never again will I go to those stadiums with or without Packer gear.

Yes it is an entirely different experience at Lambeau. I have been fortunate to attend several games there and it's nothing but pleasurable. On one occassion I saw a Packer fan go up to a Redskin fan and thank them for coming and say I hope you give us a good game.

Yeah, I live closer to Philly than any other stadium, but I'd go to Baltimore or Washington first for a game. Baltimore fans are pretty much fun with opposing fans unless they represent the Steelers. You really don't want to walk around Baltimore with Steelers stuff on.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
I now live down in Alabama. Was listening to a New Orleans radio station pre-game. They couldn't say enough about how well the Saints fans were being treated at Lambeau.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I live closer to Philly than any other stadium, but I'd go to Baltimore or Washington first for a game. Baltimore fans are pretty much fun with opposing fans unless they represent the Steelers. You really don't want to walk around Baltimore with Steelers stuff on.
So you have been to FED EX with Packer gear on??? What I've seen there is a bunch of 20-30 year olds drunk and looking for a fight. I know a lot of people, some Redskin fans, that won't go there.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
So you have been to FED EX with Packer gear on??? What I've seen there is a bunch of 20-30 year olds drunk and looking for a fight. I know a lot of people, some Redskin fans, that won't go there.

With the guys I have with me, not a lot of folks give me a hard time. But I wouldn't chance it in Philly. They're just down right crazy.

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice to meet other teams fans who can come on here and stay classy. :)

I too am looking forward to a great game! Bring it!

#ChampionBelt

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the guys I have with me, not a lot of folks give me a hard time. But I wouldn't chance it in Philly. They're just down right crazy.
So have you actually been there? Inquiring minds want to know whether you are commenting from experience or from afar.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
You should really hope for another bad season. You don't want to be 8-8. Do what the Lions did and pickup 4 or 5 early round picks and rebuild around Newton. You should be ready to be a serious challenger just as we finish our 4 Superbowl run.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
one of the classier foreign fans +1

no injuries lets hope, cam can get 200 yards, that it, no tds sorry.

Reaction score
I feel that most Packers fans will show respect to opposing teams fans! But remember, we have bottom feeders just like all teams and those are the ones that make it bad for everyone. I'm glad you had a great experience at Lambeau and chose to share your experience with everyone. Here's to an injury free Packers victory!!!!!
Trapped

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
So have you actually been there? Inquiring minds want to know whether you are commenting from experience or from afar.

I don't live very far from Philly. No, I won't go there for a football game (unless it's Temple U). My older brother has, though. He warned me away from it with descriptions of the "action" in the stands...fights breaking out over silly things. Certain "sections" priding themselves on giving opposing fans a hard visit, etc. Did you know they even have a jail built into the new stadium?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-MjUZJbnFg

I've been to Washington, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and Green Bay for football. I've toyed with going to New York/New Jersey, but that traffic doesn't seem too appealing. My other brother, who lives in Fla. wants me to come down and go to a Jags game with him. I might give that one a shot.

I've been to Philly for baseball games and they are fun, but that's a different atmosphere than the football. I was in Philly with my brother the night they won the Stanley Cup in the mid 70's. We were both happy to get out of the city. Have you ever been to the "City of Brotherly Shove"? If you have, you'd know what I'm talking about.

All in all, though, out of all those stadiums; the fans at Lambeau are the best. They just have a good time and from what I saw, they treated opposing fans as if they were just part of one big party.

OP
OP
B

BBQ&Beer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys should be proud of your rep as gracious fans. Heck, we were waking around it the lot and were offered to join nearly every tailgate (granted she was wearing her GB cheerleader outfit) when alysssa mentioned she was related to Paul Hornung (sp?) An old timer who used to own a bar Paul liked, told us stories of how much of a hound he was. When we were about to walk through the entrance to the seats, Alyssa froze in awe. The group behind us said "first time?" She nodded & they clapped. As soon as we stepped into view of the field, the couple we got the tickets from on stub hub waived us over. They knew we had to be the ones because they didn't know us.

Amazing.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Wow what a horrible experience, man. Sorry to hear that. What pathetic fanbase. Makes you think about Karma and all that, specially considering the type of fans the Vikings' are (with exceptions of course).

Members online

Latest posts