Herb Taylor??

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Packers signed Herb Taylor to active roster. Who is this guy? And isn't Tauscher still a free agent?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasn't he an OT for the Broncos? I'm not sure how good he was with the Broncos or why he was cut. We can certainly use his help at OT, glad to see the MM and TT decided to do something about the O-Line.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great move.
Sadly, we might not be able to count on EITHER of our starting TACKLES for the playoff game(s).
And then there's Derek Sherrod.
Newhouse allows almost everyone he faces to have their career best game. Not good for us.
I hope Herb is ready to play.
Where's Bruce Wilkerson when we need him?

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I would much rather have signed Tauscher off the street. At least he's familiar with our offense. I get the feeling that this guy might not end up doing anything for us. Why can't Clifton just be healthy? ***

OP
OP
Croak

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I found my answer to the second question. Tauscher couldn't pass the physical. It just seems odd they would bring in a guy who really hasn't been playing for a year. Or am I missing something?

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Newhouse allows almost everyone he faces to have their career best game. Not good for us.

I really don't think Newhouse is anywhere near as bad as you make him out to be. The Packers won close to 10 games with him at tackle. Aaron Rodgers is having the best season of any quarterback ever with him starting close to 10 games at tackle.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I found my answer to the second question. Tauscher couldn't pass the physical. It just seems odd they would bring in a guy who really hasn't been playing for a year. Or am I missing something?
TT has been secretly working him out. He's ready to go. This guy will make Anthony Munoz look average. Another great TT move.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really don't think Newhouse is anywhere near as bad as you make him out to be. The Packers won close to 10 games with him at tackle. Aaron Rodgers is having the best season of any quarterback ever with him starting close to 10 games at tackle.
Oh, he's that bad. They won the games in spite of him, not because of him.

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Where did you get the info that Tauscher couldnt pass a physical?

Also, Newhouse is fairing well considering the circumstances. Not sure what people expect from a backup tackle forced into a starting role.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Newhouse is doing as well as could be expected for a backup lineman with not a whole lot of time in the position at this level. He's not pro-bowl caliber, but he's good enough to buy just enough time. Can't really ask for too much more at this point in his career.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Newhouse has a problem with high motor speed rushers from watching him play. Guys like Allen and Hali completely worked him.

I hope whoever is up against Peppers can buy Rodgers enough time this weekend. I just want us to clinch HFA.

Hopefully Taylor will end up being another James Starks/Howard Green type story where he steps in and plays well

Reaction score
Great move.
Sadly, we might not be able to count on EITHER of our starting TACKLES for the playoff game(s).
And then there's Derek Sherrod.
I hope Herb is ready to play.
Where's Bruce Wilkerson when we need him?
The NFL network showed an analyst of Newhouse from a couple of games this year a few weeks ago and they had almost nothing but positive things to say about him. A couple bad games and everyone makes it seem like he is the worst offensive linemen ever. Newhouse has exceeded everyones expectations. Rodgers had nothing but good things to say about him week after week.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Newhouse has exceeded everyones expectations. Rodgers had nothing but good things to say about him week after week.

I'm pretty sure that is custom. No player is going to publicly badmouth one of his teammates no matter how poorly they might be playing. I'm sure Rodgers would rather be staying upright more often than he has been.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Newhouse has exceeded everyones expectations. Rodgers had nothing but good things to say about him week after week.
Rodgers won't say anything bad about a teammated other than Finley.
Rodgers was so worried about Hali beating Newhouse last week that by the 3rd quarter, Rodgers was running out of a well-protected pocket because he assumed he was about to be creamed by Hali from his blind side.

Watching with my mom, I rewound and replayed those plays for her and showed her.

They rushed 3 guys only, and we had 6 blockers. All 3 guys were blocked well, huge pocket for Rodgers. But he flushed himself up, and to the left ot Wells-Sitton and their guy.

It then gave Hali a straight angle at Rodgers and he got him right near the line of scrimmage. You see, even Aaron hears footsteps when he's been hit so many times as he was that game, mostly from his blind side.

I like Marshall, but he's been absolutely roasted by anyone good over there. Granted, Hali, Pierre-Paul, and Jared Allen are all great rushers. But guess what, here comes Julius Peppers. And our first playoff game will most likely have DeMarcus Ware over there...... we need a healthy Clifton on that edge unless Newhouse improves fast. At least to make it easier and safter for Aaron.
You gotta remember, any one of those sacks on Aaron can knock him out. Better to prevent them in the first place.

Reaction score
we need a healthy Clifton on that edge unless Newhouse improves fast. At least to make it easier and safter for Aaron.
You gotta remember, any one of those sacks on Aaron can knock him out. Better to prevent them in the first place.
True. I didn't say Newhouse was a starting caliber lineman. He has exceeded expectations but I never said that he was good enough to block any good pass rusher. Besides the last game, there was improvement every week on Newhouse's part.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers won't say anything bad about a teammated other than Finley.
Rodgers was so worried about Hali beating Newhouse last week that by the 3rd quarter, Rodgers was running out of a well-protected pocket because he assumed he was about to be creamed by Hali from his blind side.

Watching with my mom, I rewound and replayed those plays for her and showed her.

They rushed 3 guys only, and we had 6 blockers. All 3 guys were blocked well, huge pocket for Rodgers. But he flushed himself up, and to the left ot Wells-Sitton and their guy.

It then gave Hali a straight angle at Rodgers and he got him right near the line of scrimmage. You see, even Aaron hears footsteps when he's been hit so many times as he was that game, mostly from his blind side.

I like Marshall, but he's been absolutely roasted by anyone good over there. Granted, Hali, Pierre-Paul, and Jared Allen are all great rushers. But guess what, here comes Julius Peppers. And our first playoff game will most likely have DeMarcus Ware over there...... we need a healthy Clifton on that edge unless Newhouse improves fast. At least to make it easier and safter for Aaron.

The team just needs to show Newhouse the movie, "The Blindside." This team is your family. Are you going to protect the family, Newhouse?

OP
OP
Croak

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

Members online

Latest posts