Hendo taking a back seat to Miree?

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=505990

i love me some will henderson. but it looks like this Miree kid was a good signing. Better suited for the Zone scheme at the very least. and the way will blocked against the lions, a little competition cant hurt. looks like this could be the end of the henderson starting era. id be sad to see it go ...

Thoughts?

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who knows.....every year somebody was going to take the job away from Henderson. Leach was just the latest. I don't see anything that suggests this kid is any good. Sure he was in Denver's system for two years.....one year on IR......the other year he couldn't get off the practice squad. Most of his college career he was hampered by injuries. Henderson has missed 3 games in 11 NFL seasons.

At the end they talked about maybe deactivating Will because MM likes so many Tight ends for special teams. Henderson has been one of our best special teams players for the past 5-6 years. I don't get it.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
William is Brett's 3rd down security blanket, hopefully he will not be de-activated.
Will's always good for one of his famous vertical leaps over a would be tackler!!!

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love Hendo, but his play has dropped off significantly. He literally was the one getting blown up on his flailing attempts to block LBs.

Perhaps he is not fully back from injury, in which case deactivating him and giving him a chance to heal might just be what the doctor ordered.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have always admired Henderson. He is the definition of a football player and a true team guy that sticks up for his teammates.

He's aged and he's nicked up and that's not a good combination.

Leach's name keeps popping up but he was given a chance and didn't make the grade. He was cut this week by the Saints.

Hopefully this kids experience in this kind of system will help us. It won't be the first time someone given a shot makes the most of it.

Remember, not many gave Henderson a chance of making the team as a rookie or could anyone have forecast all he would accomplish here.

OP
OP
P

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bruce it does seem like his play has dropped off each year and thats to be expected. thats what age does to ya. but depack is right when he says theyve been tryin to bench hendo for a few years now. you just cant keep a good man down.

however the coaches must like him to wanna start him already.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love William Henderson and I always will to me he is like a Brett Favre. Someone who this team for the last ten years has been able to fall back on. However that doesnt exclude him from stepping back. I dont know how much of it was the O Lines fault or how much was the fullback/TE's fault but our lead blocking just flat out sucked against the Lions.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Like someone mentioned it seems like some guy is allways in the wings ready to take over..Wasnt it about 3 years ago that the talk was Henderson was going to be cut? and what did he do? just played his a@@ off and took the job back..

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
its same deal with the seahawks and Mack Strong, every year almost they draft a FB to replace him and he beats them to the starting role every time and last year he finally got Pro bowl recognition.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I, too, admire Henderson but we need better blocking for the RB. If Miree is the answer, so be it. At least the team is not stuck in neutral...they're willing to try anything to improve. That's vital. I was not in the least enthusiastic when MM was named HC, but he now looks as if he can make adjustments wherever it seems necessary. Two more good drafts and this team will really make waves in the league. I'm much more optimistic now that 6 mos. ago.

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BOO!

Will forever.

When Favre flips it out to Hendu on 3rd down...You just know he's rumble'in for that first...

The blocking. Well, I get it. But it still sucks.

Let this kid play behind 33 for at least a few games.

Respect.