Henderson released.

Reaction score
A new era will now be ushered in, in the Packer's backfield.

I'm sad to see Willie go, but at the same time, it's time to look towards the future and Griffith would be a great future to look forward to.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
A new era will now be ushered in, in the Packer's backfield.

I'm sad to see Willie go, but at the same time, it's time to look towards the future and Griffith would be a great future to look forward to.

Unfortunately a lot of people fear change.

Personally I would like to snag Griffith. He'd be a huge upgrade over Hendo and Miree from a year ago.

It's going to be a little weird not seeing #30 and #33 in the backfield all year though.

Best case scierno. Marshawn Lynch and Justin Griffith.

The absolute worst case right now. Vernand Morency and Brandon Miree.

Reaction score
I don't think it's got to do with change as much as it does with professionalism. It's rare to see people still willing to give their blood sweat and tears even though they are down on the depth chart.

Hendo got beat for the job, but he still didn't give up when it would have been easy to. He stayed ready and he gave Miree a run for his money late in the season.

Henderson was all about toughness, but he could do other things so damn well. I still vividly remember Hendo jumping over the Vikings defender and making him look silly, not many people in their mid 30's could do that.

With that said, it was time for him to go. His skills were diminishing fast, and he wasn't the same player from 2 years ago. I'd love to see someone like Henderson get a front office job though, specifically with the Packers.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think it's got to do with change as much as it does with professionalism. It's rare to see people still willing to give their blood sweat and tears even though they are down on the depth chart.

Hendo got beat for the job, but he still didn't give up when it would have been easy to. He stayed ready and he gave Miree a run for his money late in the season.

Henderson was all about toughness, but he could do other things so damn well. I still vividly remember Hendo jumping over the Vikings defender and making him look silly, not many people in their mid 30's could do that.

With that said, it was time for him to go. His skills were diminishing fast, and he wasn't the same player from 2 years ago. I'd love to see someone like Henderson get a front office job though, specifically with the Packers.

You have to be cold to be an NFL executive for a team nowadays.

There is an article for the Press Gazette that stated the Packers and to be fair there was a clear attachment this author had with Green. He did a Farewell Slideshow to him as well. He was clearly someone he had a good business relationship in the Packer locker room with.

Green Article

When you get done reading it you think to yourself that this guy couldn't be a GM in the NFL. It's a cold business. You don't reward guys for what they accomplished in the past. It's what you did for me yesterday type of league and that's how it's going to work for a while. Unfortunately for guys like Henderson and Green, yesterday for them happen nearly 5 years ago.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
playing madden is not going to be the same whithout these 2 people(green and henderson). :(

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmm i guess but whenever i play franchise with the Packers then Favre and Green usually arent around longer than 1 season.
It will be wierd to see Green wearing a Texans uniform though.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All players that Brett played with for a very long time will be gone, now lets see if Franks goes, to me this will be sad to, but again its his time since last season he didnt make anykind of impact.

Fresh new faces, except for Driver...

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:beersign: Another era of GB Packer football ends and the loss of Henderson and Green is not easy to swallow. Now we wait to see if and when some new tigers can fill those shoes. One does have to wonder what this may mean to Brett's comfort level though. protection in the pocket was always a pretty strong suit for both of those men that have left.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO, Leroy Butler and Henderson were two of the best examples of "packer people" during the recent era of success, so it's difficult to see guys like that leave, although I do believe it was time.

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's time for him to retire, but he was one of the greatest Packers in this era. He didn't see much fanfare, but he was so dedicated and a hard working. Hopefully, he will turn into a Packer coach one day.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A surefire Packers' HOFer. Thanks for your many years of exceptional, if sometimes unheralded, work and dedication. A true "Packers Person"!

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I my opinion this guy should be a first ballot "Packer" HOF inductee... Not only was he a great player, he handled himself and the torch for the Packer organization with great pride, respect for the game, and overall just worked hard all the time. I am glad that he made the Pro Bowl at least once in his career, IMO should have been more.

Big Wil - I hope that the next chapter in your life is as good as the one you authored here in Green Bay as a player for us fans.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hendo you were great in your prime but you have slowed down with age it happens to everyone. You will be missed but if any im sure you understand the NFL is a business.

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

:thumbsup: Well put.

Hendo should be recognized by the Pack at some point. He did a lot for this team. One of my favs. Sad to see him go. But all good things end.
Would love to see him back in Green in some capacity, be it front office or with a mike and a clipboard.

But back to now, Griffith would be such a nice upgrade. And I think we all could use a nice little signing here in Packer Nation. We'll wait and see on Moss or McGahee, but Griffith would allow me to exhale.

I know some on this board have detailed that all the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
we have can be alloted to our own people...Standard increases, whatnot...

But that's a chunk of change. TTs FA hatred can def rub the wrong way at times.

Signing Griffith would get me offs his case for a bit. A solid move.

33 = Champion. Best of luck. :packbeer:

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A surefire Packers' HOFer. Thanks for your many years of exceptional, if sometimes unheralded, work and dedication. A true "Packers Person"!

ditto, digsy! my dad always said hendo was a work-horse. he'll be greatly missed for his work ethic & his knowledge of football.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a great player\guy. It was time to part ways though. I better see Henderson working on ESPN within hours, damnit.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
William was a FOOTBALL PLAYER.

He went out and hit people and knocked them down.

He never ran around and acted all stupid like he got hit in the head.

William Henderson played the game the way it was supposed to be played.

Like a man.

I will miss him.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i loved when dbs went low on hendo and he hurdled right over them.

i remember hendo talking on espn. some guy ask him about playing with brett favre and how favre threw 29 ints. william said, "I will always stand behind my quarterback and support him." What a class act. He was "packer people".

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts