Head Coach Matt LaFleur introductory press conference

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One weird thing I noticed about him, it's how easy it is to read his lips. If you watch his press conference and leave the volume off, you basically can read his lips and know exactly what he's saying.. Not sure if looking too much into it, but you know the other teams are looking for any edge and could have people read his lips when calling plays if he doesn't cover his mouth

Wait, are we talking about Murphy or MLF?

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know, I'm not the most eloquent speaker at times myself, and I am an instructor for a living. there are times when it sounds like i forgot to put my teeth in in the morning(bit of a scottish saying for someone getting a bit tongue-tied whilst speaking

didn't notice that one

I didn't mean to sound like I was bashing him. I'm not the worlds best speaker either. When I first started teaching high school biology you could have gotten pretty hammered if you took a shot every time I said "basically." Luckily most of my students were not into that yet though there were a few I was not to sure about.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Checking out the new coach's lips, huh? :D He's an attractive guy but come on man...:D
Ha ha... I could care less if the new coach is attractive or not. As long as he can coach. But to me it stood out too much that his lips were very easy to read

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please, please stop with the MLF stuff!
My brain is reading this as **** and then I have to go straight to the **** sites.:laugh:

You posted before me Yooper (I almost said you beat me to it but given the subject matter that probably wasn't the best choice of words)

I actually posted but deleted it.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Matt LaFleur did an interview with Adam Schein of Mad Dog Sports Radio. I haven't listen to the full audio yet, but Schein according to some tweets was blown away by LaFleur.

Said that he was impressive. Loved what he had to say about working with Rodgers, McVay, Shanahans, the Packers brass, and the great fans & tradition.

He thinks LaFleur is going to be great calling the plays for Rodgers.

Schein is also a huge Nathaniel Hackett fan. A small snippet was posted on twitter. He asked LaFleur about him, he says that he is absolutely "on our radar", impressed with his body of work. When asked about Pettine and the defensive staff, he said he had a chance to sit down with Pettine and that they are on the same page, that he's excited to move forward with him, and he believes there will be big strides from year 1 to year 2. Likes the idea of continuity between him and the players.

LaFleur also likes that Pettine has been a head coach in the past, and that at times he might lean on Mike or utilize his advice in certain areas.

Liking what I'm hearing overall. Can't wait to get an opportunity to listen to the interview in its entirety.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One weird thing I noticed about him, it's how easy it is to read his lips. If you watch his press conference and leave the volume off, you basically can read his lips and know exactly what he's saying.. Not sure if looking too much into it, but you know the other teams are looking for any edge and could have people read his lips when calling plays if he doesn't cover his mouth

When's the last time you saw a coach talking without holding the play sheet in front of his mouth?

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aha, maybe THAT helps explain their play. :) Seriously, I always find it a bit amusing, if we're talking about playcalling. I find it hard to believe that somebody could read lips, then get that info to the defenders in time.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't mean to sound like I was bashing him. I'm not the worlds best speaker either. When I first started teaching high school biology you could have gotten pretty hammered if you took a shot every time I said "basically." Luckily most of my students were not into that yet though there were a few I was not to sure about.
my overused word is obviously, i say it way too much in class. i sometimes feel sorry for some of my pupils, then i remember they're getting paid way more than i am, and i get over it

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
my overused word is obviously
Obviously McCarthy used obviously quite a bit. Obviously his obvious assistants obviously used it also. Some reporters obviously used it later on too, obviously. I obviously never counted the obvious use of obviously nor obviously did shots with it.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously McCarthy used obviously quite a bit. Obviously his obvious assistants obviously used it also. Some reporters obviously used it later on too, obviously. I obviously never counted the obvious use of obviously nor obviously did shots with it.

Indubitably

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yup...and at the end of the day it's like anything, it is what it is.