Matt LaFleur era -- merged multiple threads

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
QBs have thrived more than they do without him that is for sure - MLF simply cannot be attacked in some of the angles many of you are, at least not with credence IMO.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
QBs have thrived more than they do without him that is for sure - MLF simply cannot be attacked in some of the angles many of you are, at least not with credence IMO.

Totally, look at RGIII, Jared Goff, and Matt Ryan without him...lol

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The biggest issue I have with MLF is his loyalty to the person beyond the performances. Drayton should have been fired a while ago - and he didn’t do it.

KEYSER SOZE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope so as well but I doubt it. Murphy has made money, Gutey and Lafleur wins, all on the back of Rodgers. I hope its a full clean house. Rebuild. Give Rodgers a real shot like Manning and Brady at the end of their careers.
There isn't a quality free agent on the planet that would consider GB without a stud QB.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The biggest issue I have with MLF is his loyalty to the person beyond the performances. Drayton should have been fired a while ago - and he didn’t do it.

100%. Everyone should be based off their performance and Drayton and his predecessors were obvious disasters.

Eventually you just gotta say, "Hey I think you're a great guy and nothing personal, we can be friends, but you're not getting the job done" and let him go.

But I think that that also goes with MLF as being a "players coach" as they say...which is a good and bad thing too

KEYSER SOZE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You cant be a good coach and not acknowledge coaching flaws. Ironically the 49ers exposed our STs week 3. By week 5 I new Drayton was an idiot. If you cannot fix STs flaws in a week youre a buffoon. If you cant see your STs coach cant see that your a god damned retard. No way around that.

Lafleur is unfit to be HC. I said this in week 5 that STs would cost this team. And somehow here we are and Im the bad guy? FOH!
Totally agree...Lafleur way over his head.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless he fixes the ST mess he let fester this season going forward I'm gonna call for his head. Stevie Wonder could see what a disaster that unit has been for months. That pitiful performance by that group last night was historically horrendous and entirely predictable.

KiDcUdI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean yeah sure he has done great with QBs. There’s more to the HC position.

The STs collapse could be seen from a mile away. The issues started week 3! Against the same team! And it never got corrected. We just continued on our merry way hoping that somehow it just does it’s own thing. Actual stupidity.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone calling for MLF's head, I suggest you look at what he has done with the aforementioned QBs. Either directly as quarterbacks coach or offensive coordinator or HC.

I'm very interested in seeing what he could do with someone else like Jordan Love, Drew Lock, Josh Rosen (possibly).

I don't get the hate on MLF.

*besides the ST's gaffes :)
I have not seen anyone calling for his head. Gave him a dud. That is not the same thing.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those are cities free agents were willing to play. GB's only draw was Rodgers. Here comes 10 years of famine.......
I think the contracts look pretty much the same, and the one with the highest number is the one they sign.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone calling for MLF's head, I suggest you look at what he has done with the aforementioned QBs. Either directly as quarterbacks coach or offensive coordinator or HC.

I'm very interested in seeing what he could do with someone else like Jordan Love, Drew Lock, Josh Rosen (possibly).

I don't get the hate on MLF.

*besides the ST's gaffes :)
You'll note the MLF haters are the same ones who think Rodgers literally can do no wrong. So if they won't/can't blame Rodgers for anything, then that leaves the coach for them to direct their ire.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both MLF and AR were pitiful again last night. They should both take most of the blame. The Packers are not going to bounce back from this debacle. Gute will have to clean house and get rid of the dead weight. That means trading AR, dumping Adams, Z, Cobb, Bahktiari, Lowry, Lancaster, Crosby, Lewis, Burks and Kelly. That also means finally getting serious about special teams and signing Douglas and Campbell and drafting more d and o line talent.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both MLF and AR were pitiful again last night. They should both take most of the blame. The Packers are not going to bounce back from this debacle. Gute will have to clean house and get rid of the dead weight. That means trading AR, dumping Adams, Z, Cobb, Bahktiari, Lowry, Lancaster, Crosby, Lewis, Burks and Kelly. That also means finally getting serious about special teams and signing Douglas and Campbell and drafting more d and o line talent.
Agree on all but Z, Crosby and Kelly. You can add Preston to your list though. Oh, and whoever the hell our long snapper is these days.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree on all but Z, Crosby and Kelly. You can add Preston to your list though. Oh, and whoever the hell our long snapper is these days.
Kelly isn’t a cut folks he doesn’t have a multi year deal. Zadarius has to be cut or take a crazy cut or restructure as his cap hit number is insane

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love MLF but man I’m sick of hearing him say “that’s on me” every time our special teams does something stupid and then he proceeds to do f**k all about it.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love MLF but man I’m sick of hearing him say “that’s on me” every time our special teams does something stupid and then he proceeds to do f**k all about it.
Agree that MLF should shut up and actually fix something. His fake taking action script is getting old.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone calling for MLF to be fired is insane. He certainly needs to improve in some areas; once he has a lead he changes his play calls and creates a tortoise of an offense and obviously he needs to seriously examine his decision to promote Drayton to ST coach. Otherwise he's been a smart and innovative coach.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You'll note the MLF haters are the same ones who think Rodgers literally can do no wrong. So if they won't/can't blame Rodgers for anything, then that leaves the coach for them to direct their ire.
That is simply factually incorrect. There are a couple of guys in here that I would characterize as Rodgers fanatics. I do not believe they are Lefleur haters. There are many diverse opinions in here, but I do not believe the characterization or correlation you are making is accurate.

Members online

Latest posts