Gutekunst "offered" to let Jordy stay for 90% pay cut to his contract salary

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
It's not unwarranted. If people can't read and comprehend than that's their problem. Misquotes happen when people aren't intelligent enough to READ and comprehend. They're so quick to want to hit the reply button because I've "offended" their narrative that they just can't help themselves. Not my problem.

I can see your confusion clearly now.

Nice to see that you can keep an open mind to constructive criticism.

I try to keep an open mind to all posters, but after awhile, from some all I can think of is:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Btw... my reading comprehension is very high and I have the test scores to prove it lol, but all I have been able to discern from those posts is that,regardless of facts to the contrary, we should all accept the fact that Jordy has been a worthless overpaid receiver over the last 3 years. AND apparently, anyone that disagrees with that assessment must be an illiterate snowflake?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be too if I were you.
ohhhhh, double humiliated LOL

Seriously, if he goes for the trifecta of humiliation it may inspire me to do some deep soul searching and get in touch with my inner ******* in order maintain status in his world. I'm not sure I really want to have to touch my inner *******. Sounds nasty, but whatever it takes I guess.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ONCE AGAIN we fail the reading comprehension part of the exam here...

Your point was:

he found a team dumb enough to overpay him at his age and declining production (not surprised it was the Raiders). You earn what you are CURRENTLY worth! We weren't gonna pay him for what he USED to be! The production and availability have been declining for 3 years....and at age 33 with an injury history, the production is going to continue to trend in the wrong direction.

The response was that your opinion was way over the top to make any kind of sense. He has not regressed that bad and will justify what Raiders paid for him.

Please enlighten us on where the lack of comprehension lay.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Please enlighten us on where the lack of comprehension lay.

Right about at the moment you disagreed with something he said or vice versa. Some people don't understand that their opinions are just that, opinions and aren't the only ones.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Right about at the moment you disagreed with something he said or vice versa. Some people don't understand that their opinions are just that, opinions and aren't the only ones.
I can't speak for everyone but my opinions are the ONLY opinions! :cool:

ClaysSecondWife

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t know if we’re a fan of the same team? Jordy is a team guy and put up excellent numbers in 2016 (and I have no doubt would’ve produced at the same level this year with 12 for all 16.) We we’re lucky to have him for as cheap as he was, and he deserved a better send off. He made Packer football fun to watch and embodied every thing we could’ve hoped for in a wide receiver wearing green and gold. He was the Driver of this era, imho. To discredit him this grossly and absurdly is wrong!

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bottom line it was a mistake by the front office to not even explore what it would cost to keep Jordy in Green Bay. It was ridiculous to offer him slightly more than 1 million. Who knows he may have played for 3 million and he definitely would of played for 6 million. So likely somewhere in between but we'll never know because the Packers never asked just as they never asked peppers or woodson. Both have been proven to have been mistakes as both future hall of famers were willing to stay for far less money than they had been making. Its just a troubling pattern of poor personnel decisions due to nothing more than a total lack of or unwillingness to communicate with very well respected players and it doesn't make the organization look good. It's a busy but that's bad business

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Anyone else tired of hearing "this guy or that guy is injury prone" as a knock on a player? The whole freaking NFL is comprised of players getting injured weekly, so every player is prone to suffer an injury at any given moment. I even saw reference made to Rodgers being "injury prone". Come on people, use the term when it actually fits the situation.....Sam Shields right now, is definitely injury prone or at the very least...very susceptible to injury.

D

Deleted member 6794

Are you forgetting the post season for 2016?? He made himself unavailable for most of the Giants playoff game and missed the Cowboys game.

It's ludicrous to consider Nelson injury-prone because of Leon Hall crashing his helmet into Jordy's ribs. It was actually admirable that he played two weeks later at Atlanta after suffering multiple broken ribs on that play.

So you're saying his 11-12 million a year with his injury history/age was such a discount we should have been grateful to continue paying him for what he USED to do for us?

Most fans advocated for the Packers to restructure Nelson's contract this offseason. Nobody expected the team to low ball him by offering only the veteran minimum though.

I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous. Letting Jordy go was the right move for the future, but saying he is not worth a decent 1 or 2 year deal just doesn't make sense. He still has some left in tank to perform at high level and I expect him to justify whatever the Raiders are paying for him.

I agree that Nelson is stilm worth a reasonable one or two-year deal but in my opinion the Raiders definitely overpaid for him.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that Nelson is stilm worth a reasonable one or two-year deal but in my opinion the Raiders definitely overpaid for him.

The guaranteed money does seems a bit high. They should have skewed it more on performance side.

But he was the 6th best receiver in NFL in 2016 bouncing back after injury. 2017 is not exactly his fault alone. He still had 6 TDs in 5 games for 230 yards whilst AR12 was still playing. Not exactly setting things on fire, but still top draw. Calling him declining over past 3 seasons and a has been did seem a bit over the top through considering he was out for 2015 and played without a QB able to throw the ball most of 2017.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So just for fun, which WR do you all think will have the best stats coming end of 2018-19 season?

a) Jordy with Raiders
b) Davante with GB
c) Cobb with GB

Make your pick.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
So just for fun, which WR do you all think will have the best stats coming end of 2018-19 season?

a) Jordy with Raiders
b) Davante with GB
c) Cobb with GB

Make your pick.

If all 3 WR's and their prospective starting QB stays healthy....Adams.

If Jordy earns a starting spot on the Raiders offense.
  1. Adams
  2. Nelson
  3. Cobb

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Jordy out performs Adams that either means Adams got hurt for the year or Rodgers did because otherwise that isnt happening.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score

a) Jordy with Raiders
b) Davante with GB
c) Cobb with GB

Make your pick.

I'm gonna say Cobb because if there's anything that was good about Jordy getting cut, it's that it should put the fear of god in Cobb in that if Jordy is expendable, Cobb is DEFINITELY expendable.

Members online

Latest posts