Greg Jennings, LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its a business. Its a lot more mean than you'd think. Management, agents, players, family, support groups, advisers, sponsors all talk ****. If you can't handle that, the NFL, or really any business, is a bad place to be.

talking **** is not business. its BS.

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
On another note, has anyone seen a video link to the post-game on-the-field interview of A-Rod? (with Andrea Kramer? Is she still on NBC?) I was in a bar and the only sound they had on in the background was the competing clusterf*** of the World Series and drunk karaoke. I've been hunting all morning, but NBC sucks with videos and nothing on youtube so far.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Isn't there a rule on here for NOT having :poop:***** in your siggy/avatar!?!?

If there isn't I'm voting for instilling that rule!;)

Reaction score
LOL.... no, bobby knight will chew your ***, not shoot it..... either way you come away with less ***.

Only one thing could be worse than having a confrontation with Bobby Knight (on or off the court, doesn't matter which, obviously) and that would be having one with him holding a firearm :eek: That scenario would not be a Kodak moment to remember :cautious:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Like many others, my problem is with him running his mouth and disrespecting the Packers organization, fans, and Rodgers. And that’s bad business. It would have been good business for Jennings, upon his departure, to have praised the Packers organization, teammates and fans. And even wished them luck except when the played the purple. After arriving in Minnesota when asked about the Packers he should have either repeated the praise or said something like ‘that’s all in the past, I’m a Viking now’. That’s good business. Because at some point he’ll retire and having most of Packers fandom have fond memories of him translates into marketable opportunities. Instead he immaturely let his hurt feelings make him look petty.

Aaron Kampman took out full page ads in the Press Gazette and the Milwaukee Journal doing just that. As you say, he didn't HAVE to become a **** about it. Same with when Longwell went off to Minne ... the guy could extend his career a ton by kicking indoors at least 8 weeks out of the season ... everyone undertands that, but then he's got to take a parting shot at the city and his perception that Green Bay isn't cosmopolitan ... I mean, what a ****. Eventual Packers Hall of Famer or not, the guy will always be a **** in my book. The Pack took him off the scrap heap and that's what they get? Phft....

Nutbush

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is why I love this forum. Here, we can smack around our former players who blaspheme the team, no matter who they are. I can't say the same for that horsecrap scout.com Packers board. Good riddance to those fools.

You hit the nail on the head Flatlander. Been trying to post on this site but having problems as this old nut not great with the computer. I see you visited the Vike thread at scout. Not a fan over there but so much better than the Packers site.

Last edited:

Nutbush

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't believe Jennings doesn't wake up every morning asking himself what the hell he did to himself. He thought he would back TT into a corner by his talk at the end of the season and the fans would rally on his behalf. When the plan fell through the cracks and he found out TT doesn't back down to WRs or even great QBs he made possibly the worst move of his life. I think this might be a positive for the Packers as the next player that wants to jump ship into the Vikings toilet bowl will think twice. I also think the Vikings will think twice before taking a disgruntled Packer terds.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
You hit the nail on the head Flatlander. Been trying to post on this site but having problems as this old nut not great with the computer. I see you visited the Vike thread at scout. Not a fan over there but so much better than the Packers site.

I left that site some time ago because there were a few posters on there who were so full of themselves and self inflated know-it-alls (one of them a Mod) that if anyone disagreed with them, they all teamed up and went ballistic. They were also, at that time, all about how TT is terrible and #4 walks on water. It was too brutal to even post anything anymore without one of them taking over the whole thread with indescribably long posts and claiming to be a great writer.

OP
OP
PackerFlatLander

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't believe Jennings doesn't wake up every morning asking himself what the hell he did to himself. He thought he would back TT into a corner by his talk at the end of the season and the fans would rally on his behalf. When the plan fell through the cracks and he found out TT doesn't back down to WRs or even great QBs he made possibly the worst move of his life. I think this might be a positive for the Packers as the next player that wants to jump ship into the Vikings toilet bowl will think twice. I also think the Vikings will think twice before taking a disgruntled Packer terds.

The Nutter - where the hell have you been, good to see you.

OP
OP
PackerFlatLander

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I left that site some time ago because there were a few posters on there who were so full of themselves and self inflated know-it-alls (one of them a Mod) that if anyone disagreed with them, they all teamed up and went ballistic. They were also, at that time, all about how TT is terrible and #4 walks on water. It was too brutal to even post anything anymore without one of them taking over the whole thread with indescribably long posts and claiming to be a great writer.

Exactly. No need to bad-mouth anyone from another board on this one, so I'll take the high road and just say that this place is a thousand times better. The technology, design, and features of this board are absolutely second to none and the forum rules are more than generous and clearly stated. The Packers Scout board bans people for rules that don't even exist. Yeah, that's like, great.

:tup:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Money was obviously a motivator for Jennings, and the money that he was offered and received has been well documented. One thing not mentioned as much is his desire to be a true #1 WR. He stated this several times and thought that MN offered the opportunity to be a Steve Smith or Megatron type of #1 - not comparing him to those guys per se, but the opportunity to be "the guy" for that team.

It was never going to happen in GB and for the same money, he had the opportunity to go out and improve his legacy. Obviously he made a bad choice in Ponder but IMO this was a much bigger motivator to "sticking it to TT." Every time I read that statement, it makes me think of Favre but all of the animosity out of Jennings' mouth seemed focused on the team atmosphere (coaching - MM) and #12 (Rodgers). I think that we blur the lines sometimes wanting to make points that feel right, but may not be as accurate.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On another note, has anyone seen a video link to the post-game on-the-field interview of A-Rod? (with Andrea Kramer? Is she still on NBC?) I was in a bar and the only sound they had on in the background was the competing clusterf*** of the World Series and drunk karaoke. I've been hunting all morning, but NBC sucks with videos and nothing on youtube so far.
The only thing that stands out for me during that interview was when she asked Air-Run what was said between him and Greg Jennings during their post game talk, Air-Run said that was between him and Greg.
Air-Run seems to say that a lot. And I appreciate that. He is a class act.

Other than that it was just the usual, "What did it take for you to win/What did you think of the team" stuff.
Those obvious sports post game questions.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
The only thing that stands out for me during that interview was when she asked Air-Run what was said between him and Greg Jennings during their post game talk, Air-Run said that was between him and Greg.
Air-Run seems to say that a lot. And I appreciate that. He is a class act.

Other than that it was just the usual, "What did it take for you to win/What did you think of the team" stuff.
Those obvious sports post game questions.

If I was Arod, I would have told the reporter " He was telling me tonights winning lottery number for the megabucks" .......SMH....that is why I HATE the damn nosy media. Damn **** hawks

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder what kind of reception he will get when he returns to Lambeau.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I think he might need to wear earplugs that day. The boos will be deafening. I think he MAY have been sincere in his attempt at an apology to AR on Sunday, but he`s gonna get roasted.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Got to say Favre, but Jennings wont be far off

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it were to happen right now, with the olive branch with Favre being extended a bit recently, it's Greg no doubt, but at the height of the Favre backlash it's not even close, Favre was on a whole different level between him being more of an icon in GB and the way he left (even before the shots were fired) being a lot uglier.

OP
OP
PackerFlatLander

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bigger boo's in GB

Favre or Greg

Definitely Favre, hands-down. Jennings did not hold a press conference to retire, deliberately have a TV interview with Greta Van Bug Eyes to throw darts at the Packers management, and then hop on plane to disrupt camp and start a stupid circus for no coherent reason, other than an inflated ego. Playing for the Vikings has zero to do with the overall big picture here - in Favre's or Jennings' case. They both could have suited up for the Jaguars and it wouldn't change the way they carried themselves at all.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dunno.
With Greg he at least addressed it and sorta/kinda/almost/ buried the hatchet or just put some sticks over it thinking it's better.
Or at least tried to, in his way, to get past it.
Will fans at Lambeau be more forgiving and not boo?
Then again he did leave and ended up for a rival team.

This isn't the Colts vs Broncos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts