Greg Jennings, LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
So what you are saying then is Rodgers QB play is being elevated by his WR's. Interesting.

Raptor, I think you are way off base on this.

JENNINGS was the one who reportedly stated that he would raise the play of Ponder.

No one on this board was trying to say that WRs improve the play of QBs...

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, Jennings is supposed to elevate the play of the QB in MN, but the WR's don't elevate the play of the QB in Green Bay. Ok, just wanted to make sure I got it right.

I am curious, just how is he to elevate the play of the QB in MN?

Having good WRs does make a difference for a QB. So the answer is, if the Packers had Nelson, Jennings, JJones and Cobb and Finley as their receiving corps, yes, they'd be in pretty good shape. Given that JJones, Cobb and Finley are out, having Jennings opposite Nelson would probably make a difference in Rodgers' performance this Sunday. Does that mean that Jennings would elevate Rodgers' play? Would Megatron elevate Rodgers' play? I guess the answer is yes but, and the "but" is that no matter how good your receivers are, the QB still has to get them the ball at the right place at the right time. And that's a bit more than half the battle.

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
I sort of feel bad for Greg, he's clearly shown his soft spot never quite properly hardened on the back of his head, but aside from his fleeting intelligence, it seems blatantly obvious he is butthurt and upset because he loved the Packers and the feelings weren't mutual. That's gotta hurt, but hey, take a beat from your superior colleague Charles Woodson and accept the business and appreciate your good fortune of finding a team who wants to pay you.

Reaction score
So what you are saying then is Rodgers QB play is being elevated by his WR's. Interesting.
I'm not disagreeing with that statement. I feel that the QB and receiver often complement each other out on the field. It's synergy between the 2 of them. I have seen GJ make many great catches out on the field and AR put the ball in places that ONLY GJ could make the catch. Just my .02

H

HardRightEdge

So, Jennings is supposed to elevate the play of the QB in MN, but the WR's don't elevate the play of the QB in Green Bay. Ok, just wanted to make sure I got it right.

I am curious, just how is he to elevate the play of the QB in MN?

You missed the point entirely. To the degree a QB elevates the play of the receivers, or visa versa, can be a matter of debate and needs to be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.

Jennings claimed HE would elevate QB play in Minnesota, HE would make Ponder effective, just as the receiver group in Green Bay elevated Rodgers, while slamming his ex-QB as a poor leader for some icing on the cake.

You must have missed that interview.

Jennings' braggadocio has fallen flat. Rodgers keeps on rolling with a patchwork receiving corp.

Jennings is a knucklehead.

North44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's a question:
If Greg Jennings would have apologized in his media call to Wisconsin instead of trying to backpedal would that make you feel any different towards him regarding his earlier comments towards Air-Run and the Packers organization?
Why or why not?

Yes, it would make me feel differently. I listened to his entire call to the WI media and it was very wishy-washy and I do not feel that he accepted responsibility either way- either own it without apology because it's how you really feel, or own it and say you're sorry, one or the other. Too much backpedaling for me- didn't like it.

If he had straight up apologized I would feel much more favorably toward him. Hey maybe someone should tell him that- I'm sure it's very important to him how I feel! :roflmao:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In his interview with Minnesota reports, he said that he would take back the things that he said and reword them so that they could be "conveyed" differently. Not an apology by any stretch but a sign that he regrets what he said.

I don't know how long they'll keep the video up, but you can find it on the main page about halfway down on the left:
http://www.startribune.com/

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dammit I thought Freeman was going to start against us.
Ponder has played 2 real good games against us, including beating us last year in a big game there week 17.
That was when he didn't have Jennings.
And we still had Matthews, Jones, Jermichael......

I really really wish it was still Freeman as his passes were constantly 5 yards too high.

Burnett might have had 5 Ints.
Dude, the Vikings are absolutely terrible this year. I mean, Les Steckel terrible. This whole Ponder is starting thing is a running circus joke - it's just a cover-up with a fake Freeman concussion - called "damage control" to save Rick Spielman's ****. Sure, they could win this game, anything can happen. But I seriously doubt we lose to that team. Our offensive line has been playing fantastic for about four straight games, particularly in the run game. The defense has been very good overall, even without Matthews. No clue what got into AJ Hawk, but this is the best he has ever played, game to game. Frankly, special teams coverage has been our weakest area, by far.

That Viking kick-returner guy, whatever the hell his name is, will probably have a big game. Other than that, I have a hard time envisioning a loss on Sunday night. Also, during the McCarthy era, he has practiced the silent snap count to death and the Metrodump hasn't been a house of horrors since the Holmgren era. I feel very confident about this game. The Vikings are the second-worst team in the NFL, behind only the Jaguars. They're getting a top-3 pick in the '14 draft, I'd almost bet on it.
Last year was last year.
Both of them are different teams and I agree with Flat Lander that the Packers have a better chance at winning.
So I'm going to be cautiously optimistic that they win.
I've learned not to be too over confident that they win after the Bengels game.

And don't forget about the Tampa Bay Bucs when you make your "Worst teams of this year" list.
They have yet to win one.
Worst teams right now:
Bucs 0-6
Vikes 1-5
Giants 1-6
Jags 0-7

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
lol @ darth

Looks like ponder trying to be incognito by stealing a different jersey.......Hey, Ponder....It aint working pal, your throwing style gives away your disguise.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol @ darth

Looks like ponder trying to be incognito by stealing a different jersey.......Hey, Ponder....It aint working pal, your throwing style gives away your disguise.
That's Jared Allen's number and it sorta looks like Jared.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I REALLY must finish my Greg Jennings Jersey makeover before the game. I stopped at getting 5 of the numbers off, I need to get just 3 more off, and the name Jennings. Which is a feat within itself.
I'm going to make some sort of Packer bag out of it... Hopefully before Sunday night! :tup:

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thompson should trade for Jennings and play him at DB because he backpedals better than anyone they have now.

This is akin to a heel professional wrestler talking smack about the Undertaker months before a match with him and from a faraway distance and when the night of the match approaches and the Undertaker makes a surprise visit the heel starts to run away. Jennings woke up a sleeping giant and now the time has come for him to pay the piper. It seems he in all actuality was brainwashed by the Vikings in thinking he would be in a better situation in Minnesota.

Bus Cook

You're never alone with a schizophrenic
Reaction score
Wilmette=>Fontana=>Lake Geneva=>Michigan ugh
Couldn't this just be a player with a low wonderlick score shooting his mouth off, with no motive other than he can't stop shooting his mouth off? I don't begrudge him anything. The average NFL career is just shy of 4 years. He was offered more for his last years in MINN than he was offered here. The gravytrain will be over for him in 2-3 years. So take 2 or 3 times the amount of increased money offered in MINN and that's his 401k. That he can't shut his mouth is no big deal. They only care about what happens on the field in MINN, just like in 31 other NFL cities. I wish him as a person well. Its the end of his career. It rarely goes the way they intend it to.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
You missed the point entirely. To the degree a QB elevates the play of the receivers, or visa versa, can be a matter of debate and needs to be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.

Jennings claimed HE would elevate QB play in Minnesota, HE would make Ponder effective, just as the receiver group in Green Bay elevated Rodgers, while slamming his ex-QB as a poor leader for some icing on the cake.

You must have missed that interview.

Jennings' braggadocio has fallen flat. Rodgers keeps on rolling with a patchwork receiving corp.

Jennings is a knucklehead.
Have to admit, I did not know he said that.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Couldn't this just be a player with a low wonderlick score shooting his mouth off, with no motive other than he can't stop shooting his mouth off? I don't begrudge him anything. The average NFL career is just shy of 4 years. He was offered more for his last years in MINN than he was offered here. The gravytrain will be over for him in 2-3 years. So take 2 or 3 times the amount of increased money offered in MINN and that's his 401k. That he can't shut his mouth is no big deal. They only care about what happens on the field in MINN, just like in 31 other NFL cities. I wish him as a person well. Its the end of his career. It rarely goes the way they intend it to.

Read more from Journal Sentinel: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...on-offer-em96ep8-198638301.html#ixzz2igbkRcoq

He signed with Minny for 10 mill..

When Minny offered the 10 mill, Packers offered 8 mill..Sure hope he loves his time in Minny watching the Packers win...

Jennings will only be there one more year I suspect

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Have to admit that I am not looking forward to this game. After getting kicked around the way he has, Ponder could play the most focused game of his career.

Greg Jennings? I liked Greg Jennings when he was a Packer. Now... I just don't care and wish the media would just stop stirring the flippin' pot. I don't see the Pack shutting Ponder or Jennings down...I don't care how pathetic they've looked elsewhere -- it has nothing to do with how they will play against the Packers.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jennings was a good guy and still is. It doesn't bother me at all that he is now in purple. I feel kind of sorry for him - not sure what he was thinking. He got more than he deserved considering his injury history. Perhaps he will serve as a great reminder for our upcoming FAs that the grass isn't always greener on another team. The extra million he appeared to get from Minny is going to cost him in the long run.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have to admit that I am not looking forward to this game. After getting kicked around the way he has, Ponder could play the most focused game of his career.

Greg Jennings? I liked Greg Jennings when he was a Packer. Now... I just don't care and wish the media would just stop stirring the flippin' pot. I don't see the Pack shutting Ponder or Jennings down...I don't care how pathetic they've looked elsewhere -- it has nothing to do with how they will play against the Packers.

I'm thinking this too. Ponder has one more chance to prove himself in Minnesota and this is it. With AP nursing a hammy, even his best may not be good enough. I hope not. And don't you just know that Jennings wants to have a huge day against the Packers?

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
You also have to consider that the packers DB's are gunna play extra hard to shut him down, they don't want him to look good. Plus, they know how he plays, his tendancies, his moves.....they did run drills against him and training camps against him in practice 11 on 11 scenarios so I do think we also hold an advantage. And those were with Arod tossing him the ball, not that hack Ponder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest posts