Greetings from Steelers Nation!

StainlessStill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello Packers fans! Just wanted to come say hello and talk some football with you guys. Let me first start off by saying that I respect the HELL out of the Packers, their organization, and their fans. I have not ONE bad thing to say about the Pack and love their storied tradition (the Pack's organization always reminded me of our own) of guys like Lombardi, Starr, (dare I say it) Favre, and the Lambeau leap! Before I die, I'd love to attend Lambeau Field whenever the Steelers head back to play in Green Bay, in November or December.

With that said, good luck and may the best team win. Playoff implications are on the line, and yes, even for my Steelers! I must say, the Steelers are now the Packers worst nightmare since we could be dangerous. Should be a good game if the Steelers show up. I'll also be attending the game Sunday in Heinz.

Lets go!

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
great post. i always welcome opposing team fans who show respect when coming to our community. you sir are a classy individual and are welcome here anytime.

this game will definitely be good. can the packers stop the run game? can the steelers stop the passing game? cant wait to watch.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words, man! If I had to choose any other team than the Pack, I would go with the Steelers, because, as you said, both organizations are very alike, and specially the fan base.

And as LT said, may the teams have no real injuries after this game, which I'm sure will be a hard fought one!

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This will be a true test to see where the Pack stacks up with an elite team in this league. Even though the Steelers have struggled this season, they still have the foundation of the team that took them to a Super Bowl win. Very much looking forward to a hard fought and exciting game. This will be fun.

danielchile

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Steelers are more dangerous when they have nothing to gain. I remember 2006 when they ruined the Bengals season in the last game. Bill Cohwer said at the time that "misery loves company".

Extremely tough game, but I think we can avoid an upset. Yeah, it feels freacking weird to write that a defeat to the current SB champs will be an upset.

zaphod

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right back at you dude---Thanks for kind words. Any team who gives the world Terry Bradshaw has to have a sense of humor!:icon_cool: Anyway you guys got class.

OP
OP
S

StainlessStill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like someone said here, if I had to step out one day and be a fan of another, it would def be Green Bay. Classy, storied, and crazy! haha.

As far as the game, if the Steelers defense can make Bruce Gradkowski look like Joe Namath, then Aaron Rodgers is salivating at the mouth right now. The Steelers play well in the first 3 QRT'S but when the fourth hits they tank so I'm hoping we can get pressure on Rodgers and make him throw into some errant throws. If not, then Rodgers will have a field day and force the Steelers offense to play with their backs against the wall. Could get ugly either way.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like someone said here, if I had to step out one day and be a fan of another, it would def be Green Bay. Classy, storied, and crazy! haha.

As far as the game, if the Steelers defense can make Bruce Gradkowski look like Joe Namath, then Aaron Rodgers is salivating at the mouth right now. The Steelers play well in the first 3 QRT'S but when the fourth hits they tank so I'm hoping we can get pressure on Rodgers and make him throw into some errant throws. If not, then Rodgers will have a field day and force the Steelers offense to play with their backs against the wall. Could get ugly either way.
The 4th quarter we've been able to finish games... The 3rd quarter scared the **** out of me. We go into sleep mode...

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, thanks for the words man. I've always respected the Steelers and the Rooney family and how they ran that organization.

This should be a very close game. Just like PackersRS said, we tend to not show up in the 3rd quarter. That will be interesting to see what will happen in that specific quarter. We do then improve going into the 4th quarter. Not sure what McCarthy says or does to make this happen. I just hope it changes so we don' show up in 3rd quarters. Good Luck though, should be very interesting.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Stainlessstill! Lately i've been reading posts from steelers' forums and i want to let my fellow packer forum members know that steelers fans are Just like us with the utmost respect. They care little for trash talk and are very passionate, humble, and very respectable to anyone. I hope both teams play well this weekends because both their fans are the best in the NFL. Once again welcome to the community here!

OP
OP
S

StainlessStill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 4th quarter we've been able to finish games... The 3rd quarter scared the **** out of me. We go into sleep mode...

I expect this to be a close and nail biting game for the most part. Both teams play the same style of defense and the Packers really have embraced the 3-4 defense under Capers (who used to be the D coordinator at Pittsburgh) so I expect them to try to get to Ben, but taking him down is up to you guys! I've been complimenting the Packers all season and other NFL boards laughed awhile back but I knew the 3-4 would come around and it did.

This season is the most frustrating for Steelers Nation. Of course we've had our share of heartbreaks (98,99,00,03,06) in the midst of winning the last 2 SB's out of 4 years, but this season is a big tease.

We've started the season 6-2 and lost EVERY game (but 2) with 4th QRT leads by 7 points or less which includes 3,3,7,3(OT),3(OT),3,7 so it's VERY uncharacteristic like for the Steelers to lose in the 4th QRT, esp with leads so it's disappointing. 6-7 could easily be 10-3 if you will but at this point, I don't know if this is a bad time to play Pittsburgh, or a good time because following an 5 game losing streak, the town, fans, and team have had it! If the Steelers decide to not show, then we will get shredded. We will see what team we get from both sides.:happy0005:

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I think there are just too many factors going into this game to say which team will take home the W. I think GB is susceptible to trap games (Tampa) and Pittsburgh has their pride on the line. If they can knock off the Packers that goes a long way to restoring some of that respect they have lost the last few weeks.

I think one area that Pittsburgh has an advantage is that the Pittsburgh offense has a lot of experience going against a 3-4 defense.

Big game for both teams.
1) to get the Pack into the Playoffs and defeat the defending world champs.
2) to salvage the Steeler's season in some ways.

I thought all year the Pack would be the underdogs going into Pittsburgh. Amazing how quickly things change in the NFL these days.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expect this to be a close and nail biting game for the most part. Both teams play the same style of defense and the Packers really have embraced the 3-4 defense under Capers (who used to be the D coordinator at Pittsburgh) so I expect them to try to get to Ben, but taking him down is up to you guys! I've been complimenting the Packers all season and other NFL boards laughed awhile back but I knew the 3-4 would come around and it did.

This season is the most frustrating for Steelers Nation. Of course we've had our share of heartbreaks (98,99,00,03,06) in the midst of winning the last 2 SB's out of 4 years, but this season is a big tease.

We've started the season 6-2 and lost EVERY game (but 2) with 4th QRT leads by 7 points or less which includes 3,3,7,3(OT),3(OT),3,7 so it's VERY uncharacteristic like for the Steelers to lose in the 4th QRT, esp with leads so it's disappointing. 6-7 could easily be 10-3 if you will but at this point, I don't know if this is a bad time to play Pittsburgh, or a good time because following an 5 game losing streak, the town, fans, and team have had it! If the Steelers decide to not show, then we will get shredded. We will see what team we get from both sides.:happy0005:
You're the last year's Packers. We lost 7 games of 1 possession or less. If we had win 3 of those, being against Chicago and Minnesota, we would've been in the playoffs. And we were devastated by injuries, something has happened to you this year with Polamalu.

It has happened to us, too, but we have more depth this year, and a DC that can actually adapt to the team, and not force the team to continue to do something it cannot (Bob Cel. Sanders played a man to man, 4 DL rush. When we lost Cullen Jenkins to injury and traded Corey Williams, our DL didn't have rotation, and only Kampman was a bonafide pass rusher, so we couldn't stop the run or rush the passer with that scheme, lacking players...)

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm really interested on how Green Bay plays this game. If recent history is any indicator, Green Bay is due for a letdown.

If Green Bay wins, I think we can all rest-assured that they have "turned the corner", and will most likely win out and handle every team in the playoffs except Minnesota.

It would be nice if Minny and Green Bay could square off in the NFCCG, but it appears the seeding will pit the two teams against each other in the divisional playoff round.

It's gonna be a treat watching Favre dismantle the Aints' defense in the NFCCG.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You don't have to worry about us returning a kick or punt for a TD. Jordy Nelson really isn't a fast guy.

Members online

No members online now.