Grant Vs Starks

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Starks- 4.75 yards per carry to Grant's 4.44, even tho very similar, Starks sure looks like a better runner

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Starks seems to be faster and stronger right now. Makes more guys miss. I'm satisfied with the running game and the oline looked nasty when they were run blocking scotty wells played one of the better games i have seen from him.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both looked awesome tonight with the slight edge to Starks. That drive at the end of the half was just insane. Shall we just call ourselves pigs and have both of them? I say yes, have our cake and eat it too. I think the call here is our running game looked awesome, as a whole. I agree with Woodchipper, 2 back system all the way. But can you imagine what's gonna happen when we throw Green in the mix? Our run game will explode!

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
They both looked great, but Starks is bound to become the premier back. He has that edge in explosiveness.

We need Grant too though, and we need Kuhn.

I love our double run attack then KUHHHHHHNNNN for 3rd and inches.

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
Grant looked pretty solid tonight, reminded me a lot of the 2009 Grant. Starks had the most impressive run with that TD.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
It was sooooo nice to see Grant back slamming in there for the tough yards. I think Starks has more upside but it sure it nice to have Ryan back there to take some of the load. Yes, I think Green will be scary once they get him going too.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This should not even be a debate. Starks looks faster, stronger, more decisive, etc, etc, only thing to worry about is protection.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am still feeling good, great win against a GREAT team, no matter what "analysts" say the saints are good.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
This but as I have said before starks pass protection is really really bad
But you have to admit it's one aspect of his game they CAN improve on? He's very good running the ball, you have to like his style to keep falling forward and gaining yards.
If they can improve his blocking the guy has potential yes?

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But you have to admit it's one aspect of his game they CAN improve on? He's very good running the ball, you have to like his style to keep falling forward and gaining yards.
If they can improve his blocking the guy has potential yes?

I never said he couldn't improve on it, he is just bad at it now. I already stated in previous posts that his running is very good, and potential is "capable of being something" - starks already "is" in terms of running.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
Both looked awesome tonight with the slight edge to Starks. That drive at the end of the half was just insane. Shall we just call ourselves pigs and have both of them? I say yes, have our cake and eat it too. I think the call here is our running game looked awesome, as a whole. I agree with Woodchipper, 2 back system all the way. But can you imagine what's gonna happen when we throw Green in the mix? Our run game will explode!

Kitten, I was thinking about you during the game. "Dang!!! Kitten has Starks in FF and I have Grant. I wonder if she'd trade". j/k of course.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Until starks gets better on pass protection, i like grant as number 1. Starks of course can do more, simply as he is younger...but I like that Grant just keeps those legs going, going, going, until he's stopped.

they both put up fantastic effort.

and as others have said, 2 backs is a great way to go (plus kuhn for the folklore moments!)

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
GBG where were y0u during the game? ILuvGb and I were asking about whether you would be in the chat room or not.

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope we continue to use them both. 2 fresh, capable backs in the postseason would be amazing to have. If we can keep Starks at or around 12 quality touches per game he should be a great back for us for years to come.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
I was at the game. Sorry. Don't want my forum friends to be mad at me because of my good fortune.

We may be jealous, but not vindictive. I think its great that you were able to be at the game. I wish I could have been there as well -- in fact, if it were up to me all of us here on the forum would have been with you at the game.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
We may be jealous, but not vindictive. I think its great that you were able to be at the game. I wish I could have been there as well -- in fact, if it were up to me all of us here on the forum would have been with you at the game.
I agree. I've posted in the past that I'd like to invite all of my ff's to stay with me and we'll all take in a game together.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was at the game. Sorry. Don't want my forum friends to be mad at me because of my good fortune.

I don't think we could ever be mad at you for that! More like HAPPY for you!!! I know you must of enjoyed that game something fierce and it makes me happy knowing my Packer Peeps were there watching that game! :)

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like having both of them. Gives us a fresh(er) set of legs in the 3rd and 4th quarter

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts