good season

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I attended my first Packers game in 1956, back then losing was expected.
Then came the "Lombardi years" when annual speculation was that the Packers could go undefeated.
The came the "dark decades" of the 70's and 80's, a lot of really good football players passed through Green Bay but the losses mounted.
Now us Packers fans have had 20+ very good years since then.
This season has been a roller coaster ride but one that from my historical perspective was a good season.
Tough losses are hard to swallow but enjoy the fact that you are a fan of a team that gives you high expectations
virtually every year.
Enjoy the ride, even when it gets bumpy at times.
GO PACK GO!!!!!!

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know how interesting it could be assuming they let Jones go in FA (I hope they don't) we have 6 set in Nelson, Cobb, Adams, Montgomery, Janis and Abby. Nelson Cobb and Montgomery are givens and I don't think they will give up on Adams, Janis or Abby. It seems to me they already have 7 guys fighting for 6 spots so other than jockeying for depth it could be pretty boring.

actually it's going to be interesting because you have to wonder given adam's lackluster performance this year, mont's injury, and abby performing well this season who will be the starters. will it be nelson, cobb, abby, mont or nelson, cobb, adams, mont? or will they keep jones and have him start instead of adams. it's going to be very interesting and thrilling knowing we got so much talent for wide receivers. if they stay healthy!

also hope they put lacy on a diet. his fall/slip during that one run was very "lacy" to say the least.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
IT IS GREAT TO BE A GREEN BAY PACKERS FAN!!!

Getting tiresome losing in "controversy" though. Helluva game to watch if you have no vested interest in the outcome. For me? Not so much.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then came the "Lombardi years" when annual speculation was that the Packers could go undefeated.
The came the "dark decades" of the 70's and 80's, a lot of really good football players passed through Green Bay but the losses mounted.
This season has been a roller coaster ride but one that from my historical perspective was a good season.
Tough losses are hard to swallow but enjoy the fact that you are a fan of a team that gives you high expectations
virtually every year.
GO PACK GO!!!!!!

this season, had we gone to the super bowl, would have been all that much sweeter. given the ups and downs it would have been one of the most exciting seasons by far. I don't want a season where it's guaranteed your team will win every game. there is no excitement in that. this year would have been the essence of a team that came from behind because they never gave up hope, especially didn't let injuries affect them either. oh well, still proud of this team, and it's going to be another exciting 2016 season. :tup:

all we can do is ponder on "only if" because that is what i'm fking doing right now because i'm still sulking in the devastating loss last night. oh please let this agony end. :cry:

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
What a game, what a season. I did not think they had a fighting chance going into this game. Considering the loss of Cobb, I was very impressed with this football team. Not going to blame the refs, not going to blame the coin toss. As packers fans we are used to heart break. Just makes us stronger.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
replaying the hail mary pass over and over again. that ref in the end zone declaring a TD looked like, "wtf did I just SEE?" LOL

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
What a game, what a season. I did not think they had a fighting chance going into this game. Considering the loss of Cobb, I was very impressed with this football team. Not going to blame the refs, not going to blame the coin toss. As packers fans we are used to heart break. Just makes us stronger.

Know what the worst part is? I thought they had better than a puncher's chance. I'd tell anyone who would listen ... and there weren't many in real life that wanted to hear it from me AGAIN ... that there was NO way the Pack were going to serve up 4 turnovers for points AND an end-zone drive killer again. That whomever had the ball last was going to win that danged game. BECAUSE ... the Pack were NOT the team that we saw lose to the Vikings and the Cards earlier. I wasn't sure what they were...but I felt there was NO way the Pack were going to be humiliated even by a more talented Cards team. I was right in that regard, but, as they say, participation ribbons don't count, right? :) Go Pack!!

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could live with a blowout easier than I can live with this loss. To have Rodgers take the offense 90+ yards for the game tying TD with just 23 seconds on the clock, and to have the defense play lights out the entire game, and then the D gives up that huge 1st play in OT that basically cost GB the game was like someone pulling down the pants of all Packers fans in front of a crowd, and then kicking us in the nuts. The only explanation I can come up with for the Packers and their fans having to suffer through our season ending in this fashion 2 years in a row is the football Gods must hate us...

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I gave the team no shot in the playoffs.. So they proved me wrong and Im proud of how they played with Janis and abby as pretty much the only wrs we had. D played really good minus overtime when Palmer should have been sacked. Next year we will be stacked at WR! Go Pack Go!

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only on the Internet could people find a reason not to kick the extra point and go for two.

D played great for most of the game. If Shields catches the ball we win.

We had our chances. Didn't come through. On to next season

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could live with a blowout easier than I can live with this loss. To have Rodgers take the offense 90+ yards for the game tying TD with just 23 seconds on the clock, and to have the defense play lights out the entire game, and then the D gives up that huge 1st play in OT that basically cost GB the game was like someone pulling down the pants of all Packers fans in front of a crowd, and then kicking us in the nuts. The only explanation I can come up with for the Packers and their fans having to suffer through our season ending in this fashion 2 years in a row is the football Gods must hate us...

Wait, this is a Sunshine and Roses thread.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll have to think long and hard to come up with a time I was more proud of a team, or more proud to be a fan of a team then I was last night.
To battle the way they did from start to finish and repeatedly overcome adversity the way they did was something I'll never forget as a Packer fan.
When we talk about the things this team needs in the off season, heart and grit won't be on the list.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only on the Internet could people find a reason not to kick the extra point and go for two.

D played great for most of the game. If Shields catches the ball we win.

We had our chances. Didn't come through. On to next season

i think the fg was the right call. imagine if they missed the 2 point? LOL "FIRE MM, WTF WAS RODGERS THINKING, WHO THE FK PASSES TO A ROOKIE ON A TWO POINT...WHY THE FK IS LACY EATING A PIZZA IN THE BACKFIELD...ETC ETC"

wished shields would have caught that int...however, hats off to shields for playing well in that game considering coming off weeks of not playing. only if shields didn't go through that concussion protocol would he have caught those balls? who knows!

RepStar15

Reaction score
Hoping the best for Randall Cobb, I am an athletic trainer and it looks like he may have had a punctured lung by the way he was coughing up blood and slight gasps in his breath :(. Wish him the best!

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
i think the fg was the right call. imagine if they missed the 2 point? LOL "FIRE MM, WTF WAS RODGERS THINKING, WHO THE FK PASSES TO A ROOKIE ON A TWO POINT...WHY THE FK IS LACY EATING A PIZZA IN THE BACKFIELD...ETC ETC"

wished shields would have caught that int...however, hats off to shields for playing well in that game considering coming off weeks of not playing. only if shields didn't go through that concussion protocol would he have caught those balls? who knows!

I said it since he has been out..Shields playing our def is so much better

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Hoping the best for Randall Cobb, I am an athletic trainer and it looks like he may have had a punctured lung by the way he was coughing up blood and slight gasps in his breath :(. Wish him the best!

That's kind of what I thought too. I was sick to my stomach watching that and having an inkling as to what was in play there.

RepStar15

Reaction score
To make such an athletic play, sustain a serious injury and the play be called back is heartbreaking. That entire game was heart breaking. Unfortunately that injury is what it took for MM to give Abby and JJ the chance. If there is a positive I can take away from that game is that we actually do have a solid receiving core when jordy is healthy next season.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
already having withdrawals. can't wait for next season. pumped already! will enjoy these last two playoff games today, and end the season with a different approach I did after watching that sad championship game last year against sea. took awhile to recover from that loss.
unlike that sad championship game last season as we botched that game, it pretty much summed up this season as we faltered and had so many hiccups. We came into this game against cards as underdogs and proved with our performance we are back and contenders, which will sum up our next season, and that is to put fear into our opponents. we will retake that conference again from minny.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Ehhhh, last night I wanted them to go for 2 while it was happening, but you're probably right. I was just super jacked and wanted some sort of resolution immediately.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
virtually every year.
GO PACK GO!!!!!!

Wow, and I thought I was old. :p

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ehhhh, last night I wanted them to go for 2 while it was happening, but you're probably right. I was just super jacked and wanted some sort of resolution immediately.

we were all surprised and "jacked" after that hail mary catch. i mean what are the odds? too bad that wasn't the winning play that ended that game. boy oh boy just imagine if that was the last play to end the game? fk getting depressed again!

Last edited:

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate to say this because the year was so frustrating, but I hated to see it end. The Packers played a great game last night and deserved to win. I was proud to see the offense come together after being without their top 3 receiving options. The line protected better, Rodgers didn't have happy feet, the running game showed signs of life and JANIS AND ABBERDARIS PLAYED OUT OF THEIR MINDS. If not for a bad bounce on the Michael Floyd touchdown and Sam Shields dropping three interceptions, the Packers would have pulled a major upset.

Tacklynn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IThe only explanation I can come up with for the Packers and their fans having to suffer through our season ending in this fashion 2 years in a row is the football Gods must hate us...
I just hope the football Gods don't hate Randall Cobb because coughing up blood is serious. Wishing Cobb a full recovery.