good season

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Why? Just respect people's opinions like they do yours. Everyone's not always going to agree. This place wasn't so micro managed when I first joined years ago. Smh as long as people aren't cussing one another out or attacking someone personally then who cares what they post? I'm sure very few, if any know each other in here on a personal level. Can't always assume people are "negative" just because they don't agree with everything. You don't know me bro. My life is great. I hope you guys is to...A "negative" person wouldn't say that. The Packers just happen to be apart of my life ...but they are not my life.

My point is if you dont agree with it--- then dont post in it...Let those that want to talk about the good things have their thread..Let them have their opinion...There is such a divide of negative and others here that YOU fully know posting negative in a "good season" thread will cause tensions..So just stay away from it

Just dont get it..

Make a new thread just like Zaratan did....

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I wonder seriously

Say your dad

your brother
or uncle ;)

or god son ;)

Works for the Packers---Do you tell them god your season sucked, or do you try to make them feel somewhat good

I guess thats based on individual and some may be brutally honest..But some try to cheer those people up

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Well, for all those who stated that this was a "one and done", YOU WERE WRONG!

(please someone go find all those posts and copy them in a thread)

This team hung with the best tonight in a game that no "expert" predicted that they would win. Came down to a few plays near the end that simply did not go our way (multiple 3rd down and longs that the Cards just BARELY get, plus a nice spot of the ball for Arizona that gets a key 1st down by a millimeter, plus a non-call on a clear def interference on key play (when Abby went up with one arm being held down), plus a missed easy INT by Shields, plus a great tipped ball by Hayward that gets picked probably 90% of the time by any of the four Packers in the area but instead ends up caught by the only Card receiver in that zip code, etc.). The Hail Mary went our way, but that was pretty much it down the stretch. The Packers and Lady Luck simply are not friends since 2010. Back then, she loved us.

Also, the Packers lost more starters in the first half today than the Cards lost all season, I think. Ok, that is a not-true statement, but it just seems like we lose more than average by far each season. Then again, getting Cobb hurt resulted in learning that Janis probably needs to be on the field more. Hopefully, Cobb is ok. Spitting blood after impact to one's back is scary...

Anyhow, good season. I did not think that the Packers would come close to winning today. I am now rooting for the Cards. I love Fitz. What a great player and person. He deserves a ring. Go Cards!

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, for all those who stated that this was a "one and done", YOU WERE WRONG!

(please someone go find all those posts and copy them in a thread)

This team hung with the best tonight in a game that no "expert" predicted that they would win. Came down to a few plays near the end that simply did not go our way (multiple 3rd down and longs that the Cards just BARELY get, plus a nice spot of the ball for Arizona that gets a key 1st down by a millimeter, plus a non-call on a clear def interference on key play (when Abby went up with one arm being held down), plus a missed easy INT by Shields, plus a great tipped ball by Hayward that gets picked probably 90% of the time by any of the four Packers in the area but instead ends up caught by the only Card receiver in that zip code, etc.). The Hail Mary went our way, but that was pretty much it down the stretch. The Packers and Lady Luck simply are not friends since 2010. Back then, she loved us.

Also, the Packers lost more starters in the first half today than the Cards lost all season, I think. Ok, that is a not-true statement, but it just seems like we lose more than average by far each season. Then again, getting Cobb hurt probably ended up a good thing as we now know that Janis probably needs to be on the field more. Hopefully, Cobb is ok. Spitting blood after impact to one's back is scary...

Anyhow, good season. I did not think that the Packers would come close to winning today. I am now rooting for the Cards. I love Fitz. What a great player and person. He deserves a ring. Go Cards!

You get the purpose of this thread

realist4pack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Janis' TD had me spraying Old Style all over my living room. Wife is pissed. HAHA.

Pack played hard and did better than most would have expected in the playoffs. I didn't expect the intensity that this team played with. Made me proud to be a Packer fan. The way the season was going I expected a one and done team in the playoffs. Proved me wrong! They sure made it exciting.

Oh one more thing.

GO PACK GO!

Cheese Meister

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, you can't say we gave up. That second Hail Mary of the season was spectacular.
I'm proud that we made it this far. However, the football season is done for me.

See you in August.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Time to try to sleep this one off

not for me! will be an all nighter with this one knowing we should have won, especially considering we were underdogs and people predicting a landslide. the hail mary pass, fitz OT catch, lousy D in the 4th, cobb's catch, Oline wasted talent in this game, etc will replay in my head all night. sigh

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can guarantee you would be posting and complaining if he had gone for two and not got it.
Nope...I want them to play to WIN, not tie. Plus there was no guarantee that Crosby would make the extra point. We had all the momentum on our side after that TD and there was no reason to not go for 2, especially with the history of this defense in the playoffs in overtime.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We should have gone for two, but then again, hindsight is 20/20.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nope...I want them to play to WIN, not tie. Plus there was no guarantee that Crosby would make the extra point. We had all the momentum on our side after that TD and there was no reason to not go for 2, especially with the history of this defense in the playoffs in overtime.
I briefly considered that MM should've gone for 2 to win... but then I remembered how tough it's been all season for the Pack to pick-up 2 yds. when we need it. MM needs to find a formation or set of plays this offseason that give better than 50% chance of getting those 2 yds. when the D is stacked. Any stat-guys have the percentage of 3rd & 2 or 4th & 1 plays that the Packers converted this season?

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any stat-guys have the percentage of 3rd & 2 or 4th & 1 plays that the Packers converted this season?
Do stats really matter? Prior to this game, no "expert" gave the Packers a chance at even competing with the Cardinals tonight based upon team & individual stats. The Packers had a chance to WIN the game, but instead they chose to play it safe (just like last year) and guess what? They lost again. McCarthy needs to grow a pair and not be afraid to lose on his own accord.

Btw...if you do want stats, Rodgers is winless in his career in OT games.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I briefly considered that MM should've gone for 2 to win... but then I remembered how tough it's been all season for the Pack to pick-up 2 yds. when we need it. MM needs to find a formation or set of plays this offseason that give better than 50% chance of getting those 2 yds. when the D is stacked. Any stat-guys have the percentage of 3rd & 2 or 4th & 1 plays that the Packers converted this season?

The Packers made 67% (4 of 6) of the 2 point tries after a TD. I do not know 3rd and 2 or 4th and 1.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do stats really matter? Prior to this game, no "expert" gave the Packers a chance at even competing with the Cardinals tonight based upon team & individual stats. The Packers had a chance to WIN the game, but instead they chose to play it safe (just like last year) and guess what? They lost again. McCarthy needs to grow a pair and not be afraid to lose on his own accord.

Btw...if you do want stats, Rodgers is winless in his career in OT games.
I agree with the top paragraph, but AR didn't even take the field after the coin (non)toss... so while that stat is technically correct I don't think it's fair to say AR is winless. MM is winless in OT games since AR has started might be more appropriate.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers made 67% (4 of 6) of the 2 point tries after a TD. I do not know 3rd and 2 or 4th and 1.

I don't think the 3rd and 2 or 4th and 1 plays translate well to 2 point conversations anyway unless they were goal to go.

Big difference between getting two yards at the 50 compared to getting it at the goal line with much less space.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I knew Janis was better than people were giving him credit for! And Abby... Bye James Jones and Devante Adams is demoted. Find a tightend they will be back to scoring 30 points a game.

Somebody had to catch the passes. We were down to 3 WRs and one was covered by Patrick Peterson. Janis stepped up and had a great game but it was just one game. Not any better than the Game Adams had against the Cowboys last year in the playoffs. You all remember Adams don't you, the guy you were all in love with after last season but don't want anything to do with now.

Janis showed he should've been playing a lot more. He was buried on the bench behind a struggling gimpy Adams and a James Jones who couldn't get open to save his life tonight.

Lots of really good WRs can't get open against Peterson and with Cobb out there was no chance in hell Peterson wasn't going to line up on Jones every single play. Now watch, someone will pont out severalplays where Peterson wasn't covering Jones. Oh well, I stand by my comment.

He did make some plays on his raw athleticism, but there were others where it was pretty clear he didn't do what Rodgers expected and wanted him to. Gotta get that figured out. Got a whole off-season to work on that now. Think we're in good shape if a guy like that is our #4 or #5 going forward.

He has had how many off seasons now to work on that? Don't get me wrong, I liked what I saw tonight but I liked what I saw from several WRs in the past and they never developed into anything. He's earned his chance now we will see if he can capitalize.

It's gonna be a very interesting training camp at WR.

I don't know how interesting it could be assuming they let Jones go in FA (I hope they don't) we have 6 set in Nelson, Cobb, Adams, Montgomery, Janis and Abby. Nelson Cobb and Montgomery are givens and I don't think they will give up on Adams, Janis or Abby. It seems to me they already have 7 guys fighting for 6 spots so other than jockeying for depth it could be pretty boring.

Janis' TD had me spraying Old Style all over my living room. Wife is pissed. HAHA.

GO PACK GO!

Drinking Old Style would have me spraying old style all over the living room:D

I can't think of any coach who would go for two in that situation.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers were due for an overtime win. Just didn't happen. Makes it more likely that we win our next overtime game.

greenbeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The season had it ups and downs, especially on offense. But to go to arizona as a huge underdog, without our three top wr (imagine Arizona without Fitzgerald, Floyd and Bronw!), and coming this close to pulling it of....just amazing.

The thing I loved this season was our young secondary, HaHa playing like a firstrounder, rollins and randall holding up with shield down. We're going to have a top 5 secondary, if they continue to develope.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
If you want a postive its that The Special Teams were better this season minus Tim Mastay. Ron Zook made the ST better than it was past few seasons.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The biggest positive right now is that we're going to be immensely improved next season just by adding Jordy Nelson and TY Montgomery back to our lineup. There's no reason to think we shouldn't be really good next year.

The bad news is that it's tough to care about that right now.

Members online