Gonna float this out there

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know I'm gonna get lit up for this question, but I am legitimately asking this, not trying to start any type of flame war.

We all agree Rodgers numbers wise (The good) is better than Favre and every other QB in Packers history (Aside from Championships won) but is Aaron's bad as bad as Favre's? Now I'm not asking about the 7 INTs in a playoff game bad out of Favre. I'm more looking at the 18-30 104 yards no TDs, 45 yards passing in the first half Rodgers bad.

Did we ever see that out of Favre? If not, is it safe to say that Favre who's best isn't as good as Rodgers, but who's bad isn't as bad may be more consistent?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I know I'm gonna get lit up for this question, but I am legitimately asking this, not trying to start any type of flame war.

We all agree Rodgers numbers wise (The good) is better than Favre and every other QB in Packers history (Aside from Championships won) but is Aaron's bad as bad as Favre's? Now I'm not asking about the 7 INTs in a playoff game bad out of Favre. I'm more looking at the 18-30 104 yards no TDs, 45 yards passing in the first half Rodgers bad.

Did we ever see that out of Favre? If not, is it safe to say that Favre who's best isn't as good as Rodgers, but who's bad isn't as bad may be more consistent?
You would rather have Ints?

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not this again.

If we had Favre instead of Rodgers in yesterday's match, would things be different? I don't think so.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
While this on Rodgers but not all, Rodgers dip in performance has been the lack of talented receivers, he should have more than one target to throw to thats what I thought Graham was brought in for and he is a complete bust, add that with a injury plagued O’line, and I think Rodgers has to gamble with what he has and the results have not been the Rodgers of old...

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What we have between Favre and Rodgers are two playing styles that unfortunately are too far polar opposite that their bad games highlight their bad tendencies too much and don't have enough balance between them.

In Favre's case, he pulled the trigger too much, and as a WR you had to have your head on a swivel or he'd gun it right at you before you knew what had hit you. Or defenses would be sitting on his deep balls expecting them.

Rodgers problem is he holds the ball too much, especially in 3rd and long situations, and he definitely should be more willing to gun it in on TE seams or slot players getting in that midfield window. Sure it's risky, but really think he needs to trust his ability to gun it in on the quick and not allow for sacks.

There's that balance between getting too trigger happy trying to fire those balls in there and being too trigger shy costing the offense 3 and outs taking sacks. Unfortunately neither of these two QBs is in that middle ground.

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a huge Favre guy, which has been evident forever...BUT....

I have to defend Aaron for "holding it too long".

Have you SEEN how many drop balls these scrubs have every week????

Outside of Adams ...and maybe Lazard with more time... I wouldn't trust ANY of those WRs

Geronimo and Graham drop too many balls to be counted on and PLUS a lot of those drops become TIPPED passes so it's a DOUBLE negative

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Geronimo and Graham drop too many balls to be counted on and PLUS a lot of those drops become TIPPED passes so it's a DOUBLE negative

I'm no fan of either of those guys, and I wouldn't be disappointed in the least if GMo got released once this season is over. Yes he has been both a butterfinger and injury liability in his time here, and I think it is just about up.

What I mentioned in another thread is as good as Davante Adams is, a lot of the plays get schemed around him and imo seem to detract a little from what other guys could do. I mean, our best offensive showings this year were the games he missed, so I think we gotta figure out how to get these other playmakers involved without Adams feeling like we're now ignoring him.

While I'm not sure what we got in Sternberger yet, Lewis and Tonyan both have been more productive and would warrant moving on from Graham this offseason.

But either way, holding the ball and not pulling the trigger still has to stop because sacks get you injured or cause fumbles which are just as bad as potential tip ball interceptions.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Rodgers has better playoff numbers for his career across the board than Tom Brady no matter which metric you decide to use. On the other hand, Favre throws game breaking INTs.

As a complete body of work, Favre is obviously still a bigger deal in Green Bay than Rodgers currently, but Rodgers has performed more consistently over the years and has had the bad end of the bargain more than Favre.

Not to mention that, when it’s all said and done, Rodgers will have won more titles than Favre did, making this discussion null and void.

In short, Rodgers’ cement is still wet. Let’s see what else he has in store.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Didn't say I'd rather have INTs...what I'm ASKING is is Favre more consistent because his bad isn't AS bad?

I would rather have Rodgers take a bit more risks or throw the ball away instead of taking all those sacks. Rodgers needs to start trusting his WRs not named Adams.

When Favre had a bad day it really showed with many Ints. Rodgers bad day is what he had last night. Their bad days are not the same bad days. Favre with INTs and Rodgers with Sacks and low yardage and completions.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre took more risks, which obviously resulted in a lot more INTs. So which is better? I don't know, but it might be the reason why Favre is ranked #10 all time in 4th quarter comebacks, and Rodgers is ranked #62.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
“Rodgers has better playoff numbers for his career across the board than Tom Brady no matter which metric you decide to use.“....really?.... how about using Wins LOL

Rodgers hasn’t done much in 3 years. I just don’t see much fire or leadership in him, he always seemed “entitled” to me and that’s the way he’s playing now IMO. Favre was still carrying teams at 40, I just don’t see that kind of performance from Rodgers at this point. Lets see what the next 6 years brings.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm no fan of either of those guys, and I wouldn't be disappointed in the least if GMo got released once this season is over.

Allison is a free agent after this season, there's no need to release him.

I would rather have Rodgers take a bit more risks or throw the ball away instead of taking all those sacks. Rodgers needs to start trusting his WRs not named Adams.

I'm not convinced another receiver aside of Adams currently deserves to be trusted.

I don't know, but it might be the reason why Favre is ranked #10 all time in 4th quarter comebacks, and Rodgers is ranked #62.

Geez, fourth quarter comebacks is most likely the most overblown stat when evaluating quarterbacks.

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Geronimo and Graham continue to drop passes and/or not get open so I wouldn't put all the blame on AR

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
“Rodgers has better playoff numbers for his career across the board than Tom Brady no matter which metric you decide to use.“....really?.... how about using Wins LOL

Rodgers hasn’t done much in 3 years. I just don’t see much fire or leadership in him, he always seemed “entitled” to me and that’s the way he’s playing now IMO. Favre was still carrying teams at 40, I just don’t see that kind of performance from Rodgers at this point. Lets see what the next 6 years brings.
lol...you really wanna be narrow minded about this? Tell you what. Give Rodgers Belichick, the system, and the defense. And give Brady what Rodgers has had over the years.

The point just went completely over your head.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol...you really wanna be narrow minded about this? Tell you what. Give Rodgers Belichick, the system, and the defense. And give Brady what Rodgers has had over the years.

The point just went completely over your head.

so when you say any metric what you really mean is “I think Rodgers is better and there are excuses for him not achieving much” ... if Rodgers needs Bill Belichick to win that doesn’t bode well for him

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty sure Rodgers has proven he doesn't need BB to win. and if you can't see that Brady winning all he has, hasn't been in large part because of everything else around him, you're not paying attention. He's been a great QB, but he's had help when he needed it. Consistently over the years. Rodgers, for the large part, has not. It's kind of obvious.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We’re talking playoff performance “by any metric”.... I choose to evaluate by “winning”. Brady has won over time with a constantly rotating cast of skill players. I’m no Brady fan but trying to put Rodgers in his class (especially in the playoffs) is beyond ludicrous

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've never seen Brady win a game with no defense and Abbredaris and Janis as his top 2 WR's. he may have had a rotation of players, that tends to happen over a couple decades almost, but he's always had great defenses, special teams and very steady coaching staff.

I think not including Rodgers in at least being his peer or equal is also beyond ludicrous.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre at his worst was forced throws and turnover after turnover.

Rodgers at his worst is a completely stagnant offense, coverage sacks and no ball movement.

There's no point arguing which is worse because neither one is going to win you any games.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
so when you say any metric what you really mean is “I think Rodgers is better and there are excuses for him not achieving much” ... if Rodgers needs Bill Belichick to win that doesn’t bode well for him
You can't understand the difference, or refuse to acknowledge it. And that's troubling. Brady has had a top 10 scoring defense some kind of ridiculous 14 out of 18 years or something crazy like that. The last time Rodgers had a top 10 defense, he won the damn Super Bowl.

It's not difficult to figure out that quarterback A (Brady) has lower numbers in completion percentage, yards per attempt, TD to INT ratio, yards per game, passer rating, QBR, etc. etc. etc than quarterback B (Rodgers). Yet one has 6 Super Bowls and the other has 1. It's called a team. It's called having a reliable defense that doesn't give up an average of 36 points per game in playoff losses (like Rodgers' teams have given up). It's called having superior coaching that doesn't have special teams blunders that lead to onside kick recoveries (which happened to Rodgers).

To assume or imply that superior coaching, having a reliable defense, and having proper special teams execution doesn't matter in the equation of team success, is so flagrantly irresponsible that it borders on absurdity.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ignoring winning is ridiculous. One hand washes the other. Brady wins... Rodgers... not so much. What you saw Sunday, and we have seen too much the last 4-5 years... is not a confident leader. If you like or admire excuses fine... I do not. Rodgers is a good QB... trying to put him in the same class as Brady or Montana is imo crazy

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Ignoring winning is ridiculous. One hand washes the other. Brady wins... Rodgers... not so much. What you saw Sunday, and we have seen too much the last 4-5 years... is not a confident leader. If you like or admire excuses fine... I do not. Rodgers is a good QB... trying to put him in the same class as Brady or Montana is imo crazy
I'm not ignoring winning. But it's a team sport.

In your world, Eli Manning is better than Dan Marino.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ignoring that Brady didn't have to do anything again this past weekend, yet they were able to win against Dallas should show you all you need to see. GB never stands a chance against a team like that if Rodgers doesn't perform. Doesn't count because it's not a playoff game? Then why are you bringing up last Sunday?

Brady is a good QB, he's had a lot of help when he needed down the stretch. Rodgers has not. Call it an excuse, it's reality.