Glad to not see any panic.

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because honestly the circumstances in this game couldnt be more fluky. two fumbles on kick returns...two ints by rodgers, one of which was just an odd throw, no other way to describe it, and the other was jennings losing the muscle battle (though a bit overthrown)...because of this we didnt even have the ball in the second half for mccarthy to go into cruise mode. (hint: this is bad)

i dont expect it to be this close next weekend. we should beat the redskins, while not handily, it wont be this close.

all we had to do was cover the damn dump off pass and it would have been 28-14 as the final.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
LOL

You werent in chat...

2nd q people were predicting a loss..I literally needed to leave chat because of all the negative talk

PackFanatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ugly as it was it is a win and the "W" is what counts. i think this game was a fluke. Rodergs INT and Nelson Fumble..... just chalk it up to a bad day at the office.... i think we will be ok. Maybe after last weeks loss the team was sooooo pumped up with emotion that they got away from what a winning team is so next week is a test the skins are looking good and now they have this ugly game out of the system stay tuned....

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Only because I haven't posted what I'm really thinking. I'm worried, but I also believe every game, a team gets better. So I'm hoping we learned something from the game and we can continue forward now that we have a win and momentum behind us again.

If we had lost, I'd be in my closet crying. LOL

Packman Chant

Lambeau West
Reaction score
It was a close one, weird to see ARod throw 2 int. No one is perfect doe. We came out on top and now 3-1. Woodson w/ that 48 yard int..was nice! So we got the Redskins next? Should be another W, let's hope.

TampaPacMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why shouldn't fans panic? We've been told for months that the Packers were a Super Bowl caliber team, and after four games, it's obvious this team isn't a Super Bowl contender. Rodgers had seven interceptions all of last season, this year after just four games he's already thrown five picks! Our esteemed coach told us repeatedly during training camp, that he was placing special emphasis on special teams this year. I'm so thrilled to see such marked improvement in that area! The run defense isn't as solid as it was last year, and the team is totally one-dimensional. A season which I thought held such promise is rapidly turning into one long disappointment!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
disappointment at 3-1

so you going to blame the media for telling you they were SB contenders for being disappointed? Was the SB played and I missed it? 3-1 with 12 games to go...

Why didnt you base your thoughts on how they would do on our own?

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
It looks like it was a good game, as far as entertainment goes. I think the Lions are gonna be our future competition in this division, so I'm really not all that surprised or upset by the outcome. It seems like we're making a lot of mistakes though.

Packman Chant

Lambeau West
Reaction score
If we ran through them then would you guys say these negative things? WE WON. Against a good playing team,they are getting better. I agree it was too close and we made mistakes like every team does every game. Take that W and get our momentum and lets move on to Redskins! LEEEETS GO PACK! I think SB is still in our future, thats just me though.

OP
OP
chucknorris101

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the packers still are superbowl contenders. what ails us is easily fixed again, last weeks bane was penalties, i think we had like 3? this week....this week was fluky turnovers, a just plain odd ball thrown by rodgers (slipped?) and then greg having the ball wrestled away from him, then two fumbles by nelson who is usually sure handed. honestly i dont think it happens again. the scheme the lions put up seemed to fit perfectly against the defensive scheme drawn up, nothing else to really say there other than that i wish they had adjusted to eliminate the little dump off passes, that would have killed the entire offense they had and probably caused more sacks. that adjustment was the most needed. i think in large part the offenses problem was only having it for about 7 min in the second half because of the int, fumble int and long drives by the lions...

21dmvp21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the lions are alot better team then their record shows. a win is a win is a win, last year the first 8 games were not pretty either. i have a feeling we will start to pick up when we get a RB and some of our players come back from injuries.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
If we ran through them then would you guys say these negative things? WE WON. Against a good playing team,they are getting better. I agree it was too close and we made mistakes like every team does every game. Take that W and get our momentum and lets move on to Redskins! LEEEETS GO PACK! I think SB is still in our future, thats just me though.

Nicely put, but we like nitpicking and are looking for a perfect game. YET this is only week 4 out of 16 (for now hopefully we go for the SUPER long haul) I do concur I think the Super Bowl is in our future. The Lions showed up with their game today, and again the Packers are still clicking. And honestly with Grant gone it is a huge a set back, its now trying to create a new run game.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right now I don't think there are any outstanding teams or any that really look like they will go to the SB.
With the Bears loss Sun night, now there are no more undefeated teams left and there are no 4-0 teams.
So the Pack is in good company being 3-1.
It could be worse.
They very well could be 0-4.
But there not.
We still have a lot of football to go.
We'll just have to wait and see what happens while thinking good thoughts about the Pack.
"Any given Sunday" applies to the Packers as well.

TampaPacMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those of you who think this team is still a Super Bowl contender, are quite frankly being delusional. The problem I have with this team, is unlike many of you, I can easily recall the 96 season. The Packers were considered a Super Bowl contender that year as well, and unlike this year edition, they played like it. A legitimate contender destroys bad teams, and that's what the Packers did at the beginning of the 96 season. This year's Packers had a two touchdown lead over a Detroit team that is arguably one of the worst teams in post merger history. They have won exactly two games since the start of the 2008 season. After Woodson's return touchdown, it should have been lights out, but instead the Packers allowed Detroit to hang around, and nearly suffered what would have been one of the most embarassing defeats in franchise history! Until they start playing like a contender, I'll continue to consider them pretenders.

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
We were 2-2 at this point last season, right? With a loss to 0-7 Tampa still a few weeks out. Yet, we finish at 11-5 with a shot at the Big Show. I think we will be ok......

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Now that Burnett is out, I'm panicking. :scared: Actually I'm not, well a little, and I just wanted an excuse to use that smilie.

Well, Derrick Martin is going to have to man up now and play big boy football. heh

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
:scared: Actually I'm not, well a little, and I just wanted an excuse to use that smilie.

Ok, I just had a mini chuckle at that...
But really though, Im off to kill a Frenchman....:scout_en::hunter:Actually I'm not, and I just wanted an excuse to use those smiles...(and yes I know its a Scout, dont it look like a Frenchie though?)

Maybe its just me, but I wasnt like "oh, Burnett!!! I LOVE HIM!"
Wasnt it his blown coverage that gave up that easy TD pass yesterday? They didnt mention him, but I think I remember him standing alone in the endzone while that pass was being caught. Couldve been another though...?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now that Burnett is out, I'm panicking. :scared: Actually I'm not, well a little, and I just wanted an excuse to use that smilie.

Well, Derrick Martin is going to have to man up now and play big boy football. heh
Glad to see someone reasonable in here.

Because, my friend, I think we're gonna have to play out of our minds to win the next couple of games, before Harris and Bigby come back.

CM3 to have 2 sacks per game.
Woodson to have an int per game
Williams to continue to blanket his receiver
And Rodgers to throw for 400 yards and 3 tds a game

That's reasononable to ask, right? :beg:

GBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am a little bit worried. The Lions played well, our rush D was so poor, the pass D mediocre, hell, Shaun Hill looked like Vick in his best days now and then, and that is not acceptable against us, especially on Lambeau.
And sunday we go to the Redskins. Nothing easy there i'm afraid.

emattes90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think people are getting a little dramatic.. We've been playing terrible football these past four weeks, sure. However, I'm fully optimistic that our best football is ahead of us.. We're going to turn things around. The Burnett injury really hurts our depth, however, we do get Bigby back in a few weeks, and I'm not so sure there's much of a drop-off between Burnett and Martin. The injury that's being under-estimated is the Chillar injury, long-term, that would be much more severe than playing without Burnett. Watching Hawk in coverage yesterday was actually painful. Regardless, the pressures definitely on to start playing well on offense, and to shore-up our passing defense, because these next few games are going to be tough.

Members online

Latest posts