Getting Killed in the Polls

thatguy37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I recently saw a poll asking, "What would be the best venue for the Super Bowl in 2012?"

My first thought was Lambeau Field, but it is getting killed in the polls. Can you think of a stadium with more atmosphere?! Even Sports Illustrated ranked it as one of the best stadiums in the NFL. I may be biased so I was interested to hear what other people thought.

[FONT=&quot]If you want to see the poll or cast your vote you can find it at:
teentraveltalk.com/polls/
[/FONT]

lancer84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ok sooo if pitsburgh actually get the 2012 superbowl... we can throw out the **** of snow being a reason... nfl must hate lambeau :(

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Lambeau should never, and will never hold the Super Bowl. I believe there has been a thread about this recently. Green Bay would be a logistical nightmare. The city is not big enough and lacks the resources to hold such a sporting event. I've made this point before as well.....Only the Packers should play in Lambeau Field. If there were a game at Lambeau that the Pack didn't play in, I would never watch it. Also, snow shouldn't decide the outcome of the Super Bowl. Poor idea.

OP
OP
T

thatguy37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The weather is definitely a huge thing to overcome. They always put it in Florida or Texas for the fair weather. Its a shame though. I never thought of the logistical nightmare. Good point Allouez.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No better stadium for football, IMHO - weather and amenities not withstanding.

dewitt60

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The entire GB Milwaukee area is not big enough and nobody wants a cold bowl. They have went to some cold weather domes but generally they go to warm weather for vacation attraction.

packerbackerforever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the seats at Lambeau are too uncomfortable and not swanky enough for people to spend mega$$$ for a Superbowl ticket. Also not near a major airport/hotel area. Its got great tradition and atmosphere due to its throwback amenities- not something most people enjoy unless they are Packer fans. Also there is not near as much fanfare during the game for the home team. Obviously Superbowl would bring their own entertainment so that would be a moot point. Just my opinion...

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe they could do for football like they do for other sports?
Have a best out of 3.
And the 3rd home game, if need be, would be at the team who has the best record.
And if the teams records happened to be tied then it would go to the highest scoring team of the season.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I think part of what makes the Super Bowls such a monumental event every year is that it's only one game to decide it all. I don't know if there would be as many viewers if there was a 3 game series.

As a guy who's going to watch no matter what, though, i'm all for it simply because the more football I can watch the happier I am. :lol:

dewitt60

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say let the fans coaches and media vote on it so it can be as ****** up as the probowl.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No offense, but a three game series for the super bowl is a horrible idea.
That's OK.
I was half serious. Just suggesting a compromise.
Doesn't matter anyway. It was just an opinion which isn't going to change the way it is with one game in a neutral stadium in a warmer climate.
And I'm OK with that.

Well here's another thought.
I remember they had a SB in Stanford when the 49ers played. (Kinda like a home game for them.)
And they've had it at the Orange and the Rose bowl.
Do you think they will ever have it in another college staduium?
Any opinions on that?

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Its been in Sun Devil Stadium too hasn't it? I think fairly recently. College stadiums usually lack the resources of a pro stadium. I.E. luxury boxes, owners boxes, vip areas, etc. So in my opinion, probably not.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Regarding my last post if it didnt make that much sense I was on my phone and having a conversation whilst writing it, OH WELL!
It's OK.
We ignore half the stuff you write anyway.
LOL J/K.

I dig your posts. You bring some fun and lightness around here. Keep it up.
:grin2:

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
That's OK.

Do you think they will ever have it in another college staduium?
Any opinions on that?

Ah, the good old days... The Packer have won 3 Super Bowls... 2 in New Orleans and 1 in Miami. Super Bowl 31 was in the Super Dome... Super Bowls 1 and 2 were in college stadiums, Tulane Stadium and the Orange Bowl...

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts