Getting Favre a ring

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Walker in his 4th year is better than Jennings in his rookie year? And that surprises you?

nah, J-Walk was better his rookie year, and J-Walk will be better than GJ his entire career.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Walker in his 4th year is better than Jennings in his rookie year? And that surprises you?

nah, J-Walk was better his rookie year

2002 for Jwalk: 319 yards, 1 TD
2006 for Jennings: 632 yds, 3 Tds

Better average, better YAC, better everything.

I know JWalk is the better NOW, but....dont lie. Lies make baby jesus cry.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
tromadz said:

nah, J-Walk was better his rookie year

2002 for Jwalk: 319 yards, 1 TD
2006 for Jennings: 632 yds, 3 Tds

Better average, better YAC, better everything.

I know JWalk is the better NOW, but....dont lie. Lies make baby jesus cry.

Well, if we are being TOTALLY TRUTHFUL, then speak the truth brother. J-Walk was the #4 WR his rookie year. DD and Terry Glenn were the starters and Fergie was #3. So you are comparing a #2 WR with a #4 WR. And if GJ was on a team with DD and Terry Glenn, GJ would prolly have 10 catches maybe

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he was 4th for a reason. cuz he couldnt beat out Terry "She" Glenn and Robert Ferguson.

just dont sleep on GJ

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he was 4th for a reason. cuz he couldnt beat out Terry "She" Glenn and Robert Ferguson.

just dont sleep on GJ

All I know is this. I wish our starting lineup in 2007 featured DD, J-Walk, Green, Whale, Colledge, Taucher, Clifton, Olsen, Favre

and I feel it is our GM's fault for not keeping his "CORE" "SKILLED" players to make a run at a championship.

if you have Favre, Green, Walker, Driver, Olsen and a great line, you have a shot at a Ring. that is a solid offence, and a group you want to keep together. and no one could tell me different

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
pyledriver80 said:
It's so funny that you guys KNOW the recipe for building a winning team. You and Ted Thompson. Not all those other silly GM's who spend money on FA's. I bet NE kicking themselves in the ***.

There's no recipe folks, teams have been built 150 different ways and been successful. All that matters is if you win on Sunday. FA's, Rookies, Street guys, noone cares. Win and you did it correctly. So far Ted has not won.
Geez.....just when i think it can't get any dumber.
Yup Pyle.....you have ALL the answers. Why arn't YOU the Packers GM? The Redskins........they spent money on big name FA's left and right. How many SB's did it get them? NE ALREADY BUILT a strong team, and has added some FA's to try to push them over the top again.
To say "so far Ted has not won".........yeah, he's had PLENTY of time to make GB the champs, right? 2 whole seasons! Even though most of the team was old and needed serious rebuilding by the time he took over as GM. They went from 4-12 to 8-8......but thats not winning, right? Oh....i know......you will just throw in your tired old comment "If thats the super bowl for you"...........had they went from 8-8 to 4-12 then you would have an argument. THEY GOT BETTER, I know.....your next line is....."But they only beat bad teams"...........well, they could have LOST to those teams, right? They did pretty darn good considering where they were at the beginning of the season.
Totally unlike where the Patriots are now. NO ONE could have put the Pack in the SB in the 2 years he has had, with what he has had to work with. But hey........why let that fact muddle up a good hate?

What does that scrambled mess even say?

Are you saying there is a recipe? Yes or No?

You are like that old guy who gets around the younger crowd and tries to show off. All the young dorks think you are cool but the rest of us are stuck saying "wtf".

Do you disagree that thier is no recipe? That was my point. Quit rambling and trying to start **** to look good to the "dorks" and debate things normally
Geez.....ramblings of a mad man.
If you yourself say there is NO RECIPE, how can you judge TT as being wrong in his approach?
You talk out of both sides of your face.
I'm getting tired of trying to reason with you.
You yourself are your own worst enemy.
If I WAS saying things to try to look good to the "dorks", i'd be agreeing with you.

OP
OP
W

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

just dont sleep on GJ

All I know is this. I wish our starting lineup in 2007 featured DD, J-Walk, Green, Whale, Colledge, Taucher, Clifton, Olsen, Favre

and I feel it is our GM's fault for not keeping his "CORE" "SKILLED" players to make a run at a championship.

if you have Favre, Green, Walker, Driver, Olsen and a great line, you have a shot at a Ring. that is a solid offence, and a group you want to keep together. and no one could tell me different

First of all TT has done a very good job keeping his core player while choosing out of deals like Green who got three years and probably won't even be playing then.

You talk about Wahle but the truth is our "0" line is better off as a whole right now than had decisions to keep past players and knit picking a player here and there is being rediculous.

So what price do you pay to keep "core" players that aren't worth the price or don't want to play here. The only "core" players NOT resigned by TT to this point were with good reason and I have to tell you the list of players he HAS retained and extended is quite impressive. Unless Driver, Kampman, Harris, Jenkins, Wells, Barnett, are not impressive.

We HAD the money to keep these guys because decisions like not holding onto Wahle or giving into Walker GAVE US THE MONEY to keep them. People act like the money just falls out of a tree or something when it fact it has to be MANAGED and with that comes making decisions because you can't keep them all. No team can and no team will.

BangTheDrum

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm one of the biggest Favre fans on the planet, and I would love nothing more than to see him get another ring. But do you know what thought makes me even more excited? The PACKERS winning another Super Bowl! Favre or no Favre. I'm a Packer fan first, and a Favre fan second.

That is the EXACT first thought that came to my head when I saw this thread...

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most of the people here know that I don't like Pyledriver and that we've had various ***** fights and pissing contests over the last year on this board. However, you guys are being very unfair. I see nothing wrong or asinine with his posts. He is not saying that Ted's style of GMing never works, and he is not saying that Greg Jennings will not be a good player. He said that there are many different ways to build a successful team, and that Ted has not won anything yet. What's wrong with those statements?

Instead of calling Pyle a moron because of his previous posts, read what he's actually had to say in this thread and have a real debate. Calling him stupid for stating irrefutable facts (Ted has not won YET, there are multiple ways to build a good team) is not a good way to get your point across.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most of the people here know that I don't like Pyledriver and that we've had various ***** fights and pissing contests over the last year on this board. However, you guys are being very unfair. I see nothing wrong or asinine with his posts. He is not saying that Ted's style of GMing never works, and he is not saying that Greg Jennings will not be a good player. He said that there are many different ways to build a successful team, and that Ted has not won anything yet. What's wrong with those statements?

Instead of calling Pyle a moron because of his previous posts, read what he's actually had to say in this thread and have a real debate. Calling him stupid for stating irrefutable facts (Ted has not won YET, there are multiple ways to build a good team) is not a good way to get your point across.
I myself TRIED to have a civil discussion with him. But he turns everything around and trys to make me look like an idiot. Then he called me a "hypocrite" because i said i hoped Moss would flop in NE, when i had said before that i HOPED that if Moss came here that he would behave himself. Is that being a hypocrite? The guy name calls all the time, then acts like HE is the victim when someone name calls back. Ted has had 2 seasons, with a team that is rebuilding, yet he says Ted sucks because he hasn't won "yet". He took the team from 4-12 to 8-8, not the other way around. All i ever said was to be fair, you have to give a GM some real time to prove either way if he's the man for the job. 2 seasons is NOT being fair. And seeing as they DID improve, i think TT earned a chance to prove himself worthy. Yet i'm a "TT LOVER" because i am willing to give the guy an honest chance. He hates the guy, and spins everything to TRY to make himself look like some kind of genius, and anyone that disagrees with him is stupid. You have been here quite awhile. Do i just go off on people? I had to be pushed VERY far to lash back at someone. I don't care if someone wants to disagree with me, it's a free country. But when you belittle me, don't expect me to just let myself be slapped around.
Then, when pyle was proven to be wrong with his OWN words, he STILL wasn't man enough to admit it. I have NO respect for someone like that.
If a guy is right and I am wrong, i will be man enough to admit it. Heck, i KNOW I'm not perfect. Some people won't do that, no matter what.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts