Getting down to 53

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
I was searching around the internet and stumbled upon the first wave of cuts from the Packers.

CB Ryan White
S Jean Fanor
G Matt Rotheram
OL Andy Phillips
TE Justin Perillo
TE Mitchell Henry
RB Rajion Neal
OL Garth Gerhart
ILB Joe Thomas
OL Jeremy Vujnovich
ILB Carl Bradford
DT Khyri Thornton
LB James Vaughters
WR Ed Williams
DT Christian Ringo
WR Larry Pinkard (waived/injured)
WR Jared Abbrederis
RB John Crockett
CB Tay Glover-Wright
OLB Jermauria Rasco (waived/injured)

and these are they final cuts from the team

Last edited:

Voltron

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not versed on nfl terms and i get confused when i see them. what is the difference between waived and cut? Also what is the difference between waive and waived injured?

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I am not versed on nfl terms and i get confused when i see them. what is the difference between waived and cut? Also what is the difference between waive and waived injured?
Waived is for newer younger players with 4 years or less. They go through the "waiver wire". Teams can make a claim for them. The order of the claims process is the same as the draft. So if the Titans and Patriots put a claim in, the Titans would get the player. Cut is for player with 4 or more years in, they become free agents and can sign with any team. When claimed off of waivers the team has to pick up the players contract. So if they signed for $2.4 million, that is what they get initially. They can change it later.

A good explanation of the process.

http://russellstreetreport.com/2013...y-cap/how-does-the-nfls-waiver-system-work-2/

Last edited:

Voltron

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Waived is for newer younger players with 4 years or less. They go through the "waiver wire". Teams can make a claim for them. The order of the claims process is the same as the draft. So if the Titans and Patriots put a claim in, the Titans would get the player. Cut is for player with 4 or more years in, they become free agents and can sign with any team. When claimed off of waivers the team has to pick up the players contract. So if they signed for $2.4 million, that is what they get initially. They can change it later.

got it thanks...

OP
OP
thepackers1fan4

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
UPDATE: Jared Abbrederis cut from the team, waiting to see if he clears waivers to add him to the practice squad.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
got it thanks...
Waived injured means the team is releasing the player but the player isinjured. The team is responsible to pay the player until his injury has healed. Other teams are allowed to pick up the player that was Waived Injured, but they are doing so knowing that the player is inured and not able to play.

OP
OP
thepackers1fan4

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
Here is the final roster for the Green Bay Packers if you haven't seen it!

QB (3): 12 Aaron Rodgers, 16 Scott Tolzien, 7 Brett Hundley

RB (5): 27 Eddie Lacy, 44 James Starks, 30 John Kuhn, 22 Aaron Ripkowski, 46 Alonzo Harris

WR (5): 18 Randall Cobb, 17 Davante Adams, 88 Ty Montgomery, 83 Jeff Janis, 19 Myles White
Injured reserve: 87 Jordy Nelson

TE (3): 89 Richard Rodgers, 81 Andrew Quarless, 86 Kennard Backman

OL: (9): 69 David Bakhtiari, 71 Josh Sitton, 63 Corey Linsley, 70 T.J. Lang, 75 Bryan Bulaga, 67 Don Barclay, 73 JC Tretter, 65 Lane Taylor, 79 Josh Walker

DL (5): 76 Mike Daniels, 90 B.J. Raji, 64 Mike Pennel, 93 Josh Boyd, 99 Bruce Gaston
Reserve/suspended: 95 Datone Jones, 98 Letroy Guion

LB (9): 52 Clay Matthews, 58 Sam Barrington, 47 Jake Ryan, 56 Julius Peppers, 96 Mike Neal, 53 Nick Perry, 91 Jayrone Elliott, 55 Andy Mulumba, 51 Nate Palmer

CB (7): 37 Sam Shields, 29 Casey Hayward, 23 Damarious Randall, 24 Quinten Rollins, 33 Micah Hyde, 36 LaDarius Gunter, 39 Demetri Goodson

S (4): 42 Morgan Burnett, 21 Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, 28 Sean Richardson, 32 Chris Banjo

Spec (3): 2 Mason Crosby, 8 Tim Masthay, 61 Brett Goode

I honestly hate that we kept Masthay, I think we need new punter.
also I wish Abby wouldn't have got injured :( think he could have been a great addition to the receiving core instead of White.

Voltron

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Waived injured means the team is releasing the player but the player isinjured. The team is responsible to pay the player until his injury has healed. Other teams are allowed to pick up the player that was Waived Injured, but they are doing so knowing that the player is inured and not able to play.

Thank you.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still a chance that Banjo gets the ax tomorrow, or maybe Goodson. Somebody has to make room for James Jones.

Quite frankly, based on pre-season and training camp alone I would have said Richardson had a very good chance to be left out if we hadn't guaranteed him 2.5M.

Last edited:
OP
OP
thepackers1fan4

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
Still a chance that Banjo gets the ax tomorrow, or maybe Goodson. Somebody has to make room for James Jones.

Quite frankly, based on pre-season and training camp alone I would have said Richardson had a very good chance to be left out if we hadn't guaranteed him 2.5M.

they are cutting White for him. why would we need that receiver?

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
they are cutting White for him. why would we need that receiver?

We have carried 6 or at one time even 7 receivers on the roster at various points during the past several seasons. It's not that unusual. I know White was released but at the time I posted that they had not. Just because one guy is added does not always mean the guy that gets bumped for him is at the same position.

OP
OP
thepackers1fan4

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
We have carried 6 or at one time even 7 receivers on the roster at various points during the past several seasons. It's not that unusual. I know White was released but at the time I posted that they had not. Just because one guy is added does not always mean the guy that gets bumped for him is at the same position.

Of course I'm not implying that because we got a WR we had to cut a WR, I just thought it was pretty obvious that it was going to be White cut, I thought it was pretty clear that White only made the team because they needed a receiver.
wasn't trying to be rude :)

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course I'm not implying that because we got a WR we had to cut a WR, I just thought it was pretty obvious that it was going to be White cut, I thought it was pretty clear that White only made the team because they needed a receiver.
wasn't trying to be rude :)

No no I didn't think you were. I just thought they might carry 6 receivers. As the roster is right now I think a DB and possibly an O-lineman might be expendable. Not positive that we will cut a D lineman when Jones comes back. If so probably Gaston.

D

Deleted member 6794

As the roster is right now I think a DB and possibly an O-lineman might be expendable. Not positive that we will cut a D lineman when Jones comes back. If so probably Gaston.

I agree that the Packers will most likely cut a cornerback (Banjo, Goodson) or an offensive lineman (Taylor) to make room for Datone Jones after week 1. Once Guion comes back I don't see them keeping seven defensive linemen though.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw Goodson and Gaston being the odd guys out once suspensions were done, but the Packers trying to keep both on PS. I think Banjo is still very active on special teams so i think he stays on the active roster. Initially I actually saw White as part of that group to be released once suspensions were up, but with JJ signed, that sped up that process

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts