Getting down to 53

D

Deleted member 6794

I saw Goodson and Gaston being the odd guys out once suspensions were done, but the Packers trying to keep both on PS. I think Banjo is still very active on special teams so i think he stays on the active roster.

Goodson had been on every first special teams unit during training camp before he got injured and I actually think he only made the 53 because of it.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess I just noticed Banjo more than him. I saw Goodson out there, just never noticed him making any plays. But I guess I never looked for him either

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Goodson had been on every first special teams unit during training camp before he got injured and I actually think he only made the 53 because of it.
That could be but here's a story I quoted before from 6 days ago. It looks like Whitt was interested in giving him an opportunity to work with the 1s before he got hurt:
The same cornerback rating system that afforded undrafted rookie LaDarius Gunter a chance to work with the starting defense spit out numbers indicating Demetri Goodson was worthy of reward. Back on the practice field after missing two weeks with a calf injury, Goodson strung together a run of impressive practices that caught the attention of coach Joe Whitt Jr. "Three days in a row — boom, boom, boom," Whitt said. But on the cusp of a serious audition, Goodson immediately suffered another injury this week, this time to his knee, and his recent stockpile of success began to crumble. ... "It’s a bad thing because the day before he gets hurt, I had moved him ahead of the other three guys that everybody talks about," said Whitt, referencing Gunter and fellow rookies Damarious Randall and Quinten Rollins. "Then he gets hurt the next day. I think he had deserved the opportunity to show what he (could do). "Now he’s hurt again, so I don’t know."
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/323960751.html

D

Deleted member 6794

I guess I just noticed Banjo more than him. I saw Goodson out there, just never noticed him making any plays. But I guess I never looked for him either

Goodson only played in one preseason game because of various injuries.

That could be but here's a story I quoted before from 6 days ago. It looks like Whitt was interested in giving him an opportunity to work with the 1s before he got hurt: http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/323960751.html

I read that article as well but I have a hard time believing Goodson is anywhere than at the bottom of the cornerbacks depth chart at the moment.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I read that article as well but I have a hard time believing Goodson is anywhere than at the bottom of the cornerbacks depth chart at the moment.
But you wrote "before he got injured" and according to Whitt he was going to get an opportunity with the 1s before he got injured.

D

Deleted member 6794

But you wrote "before he got injured" and according to Whitt he was going to get an opportunity with the 1s before he got injured.

Obviously we have to believe Whitt that Goodson would have gotten a chance with the first-team defense. With him not being able to show his progress in a game I have to assume he made the team mostly based on his special teams performance though.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers have reached an injury settlement with WR Jimmie Hunt and waived him from injured reserve.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Goodson only played in one preseason game because of various injuries.

I guess that answers why I never noticed him much :)

H

HardRightEdge

Obviously we have to believe Whitt that Goodson would have gotten a chance with the first-team defense. With him not being able to show his progress in a game I have to assume he made the team mostly based on his special teams performance though.
Sometimes it's a war attrition that favors the guy who doesn't see field and thereby does not have the opportunity to look bad. Randall and Rollins were underwhelming playing outside, and that might be understatement.

Members online

Latest posts