Geronimo Allison signed 1 year deal

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm surprised Lewis is back, I thought there was a good chance he retired actually.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not a #2 but I like Allison. Still need a deep guy who can be that #2. Golden Tate or AJ Green in a trade.

Hey, If AB and OBJ can be traded why not AJ. I'd prefer DAH but Green would most likely cost less and I think and the Bengals more likely to want to deal him than the Texans would Hopkins.

Can we start a Trade for AJ Green thread now?

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i've no problem keeping him...he ok. we haven't had a guy turn into a star in his 2nd year since jennings. maybe cobb. everyone else took at least 3 seasons. i don't see 60+ catches out of any of these guys. i hope i'm wrong.

Are you not expecting 60+ catches from any Packer WR (other than Adams of course) or are you thinking they sign or draft someone else who will hit that mark? If its the former I hope you are wrong as well

Seriosuly dude, quit trying to sell us on all this bargain basement talent on offense after recklessly spending $ on the defense after 4 years of top defensive draft picks.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

Strange as it may sound I agree with some of this. Drafting mid round players and expecting anything other than what we got last year for doing pretty much the same thing is a little unrealistic. There is pretty much no way I'd advocate WR at 12 no matter how much of a freak Metcalf is but anytime after that on day 1 or 2 I'm fine with it. After that I see no need to take another WR. We have super Jake and the wonder triplets already and unless Gute has given up on one or more of them any day three picks would just be competing for the same roster spot as one of them. If we have Adams, rookie slot guy, Allison (if he resigns) and SJWT that's 7 right there. I think that finding an adequate replacement for Cobb in the slot is more important than finding another burner on the outside opposite Adams.

I know Brandon is hung up on Campbell and to be honest he may be right. I know he is projected as late first to second round talent so if he is truly a slot replacement for Cobb and he is there at 44 I'd have no problems if we took him. At #30? Maybe, depends on who else is available.

For sure. He averaged less than 40 targets with Jacksonville in his final 5 seasons there and our new OC was his OC in Jacksonville. Even if we assumed the Packers weren't going to draft a TE, Graham will end up getting most of the receiving action and looks from Rodgers out of the group.

I'm surprised the number is that low. All I know is that in fantasy, and I do realize fantasy isn't the NFL, he was a hot waiver wire pick up a few times a few years back and those suggestions are not made for blocking TE's. I do think he had the ability to catch passes at one time whether he has now I don't know.

Reaction score
For sure WR will be somewhat deep. (although that article is from last year) I have a tough time trusting anyone past the top tier though. (Metcalf, Brown, Brown, Campbell, Samuel, Ridley, Harry, and Harmon.) All probably gone before we pick in round 4. And even a few of those guys I am skeptical about whether they would be much better than an ESB or MVS out there.
Maybe. But I think you’ll be surprised. But we also have the resources to move into the 3rd round again if necessary. Here’s just one example of a WR rated 20th in the list on Walter. He would be top 10 WR many years. He’s a guy I would be totally comfortable in the 3rd round range.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Are you not expecting 60+ catches from any Packer WR (other than Adams of course) or are you thinking they sign or draft someone else who will hit that mark? If its the former I hope you are wrong as well

Strange as it may sound I agree with some of this. Drafting mid round players and expecting anything other than what we got last year for doing pretty much the same thing is a little unrealistic. There is pretty much no way I'd advocate WR at 12 no matter how much of a freak Metcalf is but anytime after that on day 1 or 2 I'm fine with it. After that I see no need to take another WR. We have super Jake and the wonder triplets already and unless Gute has given up on one or more of them any day three picks would just be competing for the same roster spot as one of them. If we have Adams, rookie slot guy, Allison (if he resigns) and SJWT that's 7 right there. I think that finding an adequate replacement for Cobb in the slot is more important than finding another burner on the outside opposite Adams.

I know Brandon is hung up on Campbell and to be honest he may be right. I know he is projected as late first to second round talent so if he is truly a slot replacement for Cobb and he is there at 44 I'd have no problems if we took him. At #30? Maybe, depends on who else is available.

I'd be fine with Deebo Samuel too with 1st choice being Campbell. I like Samuel's Shiftiness in and out of breaks but he just doesn't have Campbell's game breaking speed.

However, I truly believe either would be an immediate upgrade over Cobb in LaFleur's scheme.

Edit: I will also add to be CLEAR that Metcalf is the only Receiver/TE I would even consider at 12.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'd be fine with Deebo Samuel too with 1st choice being Campbell. I like Samuel's Shiftiness in and out of breaks but he just doesn't have Campbell's game breaking speed.

However, I truly believe either would be an immediate upgrade over Cobb in LaFleur's scheme.
Where Samuel going to fall Brandon? Mid 2nd round?

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Where Samuel going to fall Brandon? Mid 2nd round?

It's gonna be real close for him to make it to us in second. If they both pass at 30 there gonna need to trade up or we will most likely miss out waiting at 44 and could be in trouble.

I really think they need to pull the trigger at 30 on one of them. I've seen some mocks where Campbell doesn't even make it to 30 but I feel confident at least one will be there.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you not expecting 60+ catches from any Packer WR (other than Adams of course) or are you thinking they sign or draft someone else who will hit that mark? If its the former I hope you are wrong as well.
i'm saying a good #2 here should at least get 60+ completions (ideally 75+) but i don't see any of the guys currently on the roster doing that...at least not for this upcoming season. even graham in his hybrid role only got 55. after him the high was 38 by cobb/mvs. someone needs to take that #2 spot and own it...if it's from the draft so be it.

H

HardRightEdge

Reading some good things about J'Mon Moore. He's drawing raves for how hard he's been working, with huge improvements in his technique and fundamentals.
While every young player can improve technique and fundamentals, that's not the most obvious problem Moore encountered. His problem was cheifly mental, confidence and maturity. The game looked to big for him, then one drop led to more drops led to too much thinking.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'm saying a good #2 here should at least get 60+ completions (ideally 75+) but i don't see any of the guys currently on the roster doing that...at least not for this upcoming season. even graham in his hybrid role only got 55. after him the high was 38 by cobb/mvs. someone needs to take that #2 spot and own it...if it's from the draft so be it.

Before he got hurt Allison was on pace for 76/1150/8.

Would that be good enough to be a #2?

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

actually it was 64 catches but that would've been fantastic. would have loved to see it...it just didn't happen (injured again). i hope i'm wrong that i don't see anyone doing it this season. it would be a sign of real improvement on the O.

Last edited:

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
actually it was 64 catches but that would've been fantastic. would have loved to see it...it just didn't happen (injured again). i hope i'm wrong that i don't see anyone doing it this season.

I threw out his last game. He wasn't really recovered fully into the game plan, and then didn't play again.

19 catches in 4 games = 4.75 catches per game x 16 = 76 catches.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
actually it was 64 catches but that would've been fantastic. would have loved to see it...it just didn't happen (injured again). i hope i'm wrong that i don't see anyone doing it this season.
I see what you did there. nevermind, someone already took care of it

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Regardless of what Allison was on pace to do, unfortunately his year was cut short. We simply just do not have enough evidence that Allison can handle the burden of being a number 2. If he proves himself capable, then great. But I'm not comfortable relying upon unknowns.

He's caught 55 balls in three years. Let's pump the brakes just a little bit.

Don't get me wrong. I like him a lot. But I need more evidence to suggest that he's ready to handle the burden of being a #2 receiver on a contending team.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Got it, thanks for the clarification. I'm not sure I agree because I think it comes down to one guy playing better than the others and nailing down the spot and getting the chances. If that happens the catches will come. If no one steps up one week it will be MVS the next it will be EQ and then maybe Moore and Allison and Kumerow will take their turns I understand that you don't think any of these guys can do that though so I understand where you are coming from.

H

HardRightEdge

Over the 4 weeks covering weeks 4 - 8 with a bye in the middle, MVS's totals were:

15 catches, 317 yards, 2 TDs

The 16 game projection is

60 catches, 1,268 yards, 21 yds./catch, 8 TDs

You can data mine anything.

D

Deleted member 6794

Well...duh.

That's kinda his calling card as a player.

No doubt about it, I was replying to a post mentioning that Lewis only had three receptions last season. If you expect him to put up decent numbers you will be disappointed.

Hey, If AB and OBJ can be traded why not AJ. I'd prefer DAH but Green would most likely cost less and I think and the Bengals more likely to want to deal him than the Texans would Hopkins.

The Packers can't afford to trade for either Green or Hopkins.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While every young player can improve technique and fundamentals, that's not the most obvious problem Moore encountered. His problem was cheifly mental, confidence and maturity. The game looked to big for him, then one drop led to more drops led to too much thinking.
I had read somewhere that the reason Moore dropped to where he did in the draft was because of problems hanging on to the ball. If that is true; maybe it is a problem that is not going away.

D

Deleted member 6794

I had read somewhere that the reason Moore dropped to where he did in the draft was because of problems hanging on to the ball. If that is true; maybe it is a problem that is not going away.

True, Moore had a lot of drops in college as well. Hopefully another offseason with the Packers will help him improve in that area.

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm surprised the number is that low. All I know is that in fantasy, and I do realize fantasy isn't the NFL, he was a hot waiver wire pick up a few times a few years back and those suggestions are not made for blocking TE's. I do think he had the ability to catch passes at one time whether he has now I don't know.

I am sure he was the cats meow after week 3 of 2017 where he caught 4 passes for 62 yards and 3 TD's.

Beyond that he hasn't had a game over 50 yards since 2014.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am sure he was the cats meow after week 3 of 2017 where he caught 4 passes for 62 yards and 3 TD's.

Beyond that he hasn't had a game over 50 yards since 2014.

He started his career alright with receiving, I doubt he suddenly forgot how to catch. He will never be the #1 option at TE but no one is asking him to be. With a coach, and hopefully a QB, that isn't afraid to call his number every now and then I'm willing to bet he can contribute if called upon. He had 5 TDs in 2017. That's not bad for a TE who doesn't catch the ball.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just reported that The Pack signed Geronimo to a contract. Probably one year. I am happy. I was worried that a team would grab him. Turns out that several teams were interested in him but The Packers were able to offer him enough for him to stay. I think he is confident that he will do well with Rodgers and a better payday is in the near future.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts