Geronimo Allison signed 1 year deal

D

Deleted member 6794

Oh. I looked at the Packers' site and didn't see him listed on the regular roster.

The Packers have still listed Allison as a restricted free agent as they haven't officially announced the deal. Several sources confirmed that he agreed to a one-year contract though.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
MVS and EQ can line up in the slot and be as productive as Grant. The Packers need an upgrade though.

Allison was on pace to reach close to 1,000 yards last season. That's definitely good enough for the #2 receiver.

Neither MVS or EQ are a sure thing let alone a competent slot receiver. Based on pure metrics alone both players lack the short area quickness and are both long strider's. These guys couldn't even separate outside consistently last year so I don't know how the hell you think they translate to slot receivers.

If Allison is the plan as our no.2 then forget about it.

I find it humorous how people can't live with top draft picks developing and starting on defense yet somehow late round draft picks and UDFA's are good to go at receiver.

It's INSANE.

D

Deleted member 6794

Neither MVS or EQ are a sure thing let alone a competent slot receiver. Based on pure metrics alone both players lack the short area quickness and are both long strider's. These guys couldn't even separate outside consistently last year so I don't know how the hell you think they translate to slot receivers.

If Allison is the plan as our no.2 then forget about it.

Both EQ (1.45) and MVS (1.29) averaged significantly more yards per route run from the slot than Grant (0.62) last season.

I'm in favor of using an early draft pick on a slot receiver but Allison is definitely good enough to enter the season as a starter.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both EQ (1.45) and MVS (1.29) averaged significantly more yards per route run from the slot than Grant (0.62) last season.

I'm in favor of using an early draft pick on a slot receiver but Allison is definitely good enough to enter the season as a starter.

I can't see what he's saying, but it's obvious who it is.

Let me tell ya right now, it doesn't matter what stats you give him. Only his are good, and yours don't mean anything.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

If the Packers pick the correct slot receiver in the draft I could see a situation where MVS/Allison would be okay on the outside assuming Adams stays healthy.

An injury to Adams would be devastating.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I can't see what he's saying, but it's obvious who it is.

Let me tell ya right now, it doesn't matter what stats you give him. Only his are good, and yours don't mean anything.

Well if you want to continue to build false narratives that were fine at receiver then go right ahead.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and starting on defense yet somehow late round draft picks and UDFA's are good to go at receiver.

Just because they are UDFA or late round pick, it doesn't mean they can be written off by default. Allison has proven before he was injured that he is a reliable pass catcher and can be a difference maker (Bengals game).

I really don't see why he cannot be our #2 receiver at all!

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And honestly we have enough young talent. I'd rather take Jordy (non starting rotation option) over Grant and add some experience.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Just because they are UDFA or late round pick, it doesn't mean they can be written off by default. Allison has proven before he was injured that he is a reliable pass catcher and can be a difference maker (Bengals game).

I really don't see why he cannot be our #2 receiver at all!

Sam Shields was an UDFA so I understand that but G-Mo isn't as nearly as talented as Shields. I have nothing against Allison but to me is a good depth/ fringe player and nothing more.

If we upgrade the slot position then a MVS/Allison platoon situation at the second wide out spot might work.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
And honestly we have enough young talent. I'd rather take Jordy (non starting rotation option) over Grant and add some experience.

We don't need a 34 yo washed up receiver. If he never played for the Packers nobody would want him back here.

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We don't need a 34 yo washed up receiver. If he never played for the Packers nobody would want him back here.

but the Packers need a 28 year old that couldn't start over Crowder, Doctson or Chester Rodgers?

Since people have provided stats on their arguments that draws your criticism, what has Ryan Grant done in his 5 years to be valuable to this team?

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sam Shields was an UDFA so I understand that but G-Mo isn't as nearly as talented as Shields. I have nothing against Allison but to me is a good depth/ fringe player and nothing more.

If we upgrade the slot position then a MVS/Allison platoon situation at the second wide out spot might work.
Covering bases?

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I'm done with it. If certain people want to be in denial and live in FANTASY LAND with our current group at WR then fine. It will most likely be the same people blaming Rodgers next year when the offense struggles.

Our receiving corp isn't set up to WIN BIG or WORK THROUGH INJURIES. In fact there not set up for ****.

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm done with it. If certain people want to be in denial and live in FANTASY LAND with our current group at WR then fine. It will most likely be the same people blaming Rodgers next year when the offense struggles.

Our receiving corp isn't set up to WIN BIG or WORK THROUGH INJURIES. In fact there not set up for ****.

You want/think Ryan Grant is to be the #2. You are in fantasy land, pal.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Brandon.

Who has said that the WR group is fine as it is?

Again, you are creating an argument in your head that isn't currently here.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll admit I haven't said it but that is what I think we will have and I think it will be enough.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Brandon.

Who has said that the WR group is fine as it is?

Again, you are creating an argument in your head that isn't currently here.

Yeah right. People trying to project stats based on "if they played a whole season" isn't doing us any favors.

To me it sounds like people trying to sell themselves on MEDIOCRITY which is a very dangerous journey.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
You want/think Ryan Grant is to be the #2. You are in fantasy land, pal.

I never said he would be our no.2. I said he would be good depth and starter in a pinch along with a top draft pick there and add some stability to the slot.

We have nobody at the slot position right now other then just throwing out receiver's name on the roster out there.

Its very sadening the Packer front office has left us so weaponless on offense. Its a tragedy actually.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah right. People trying to project stats based on "if they played a whole season" isn't doing us any favors.

To me it sounds like people trying to sell themselves on MEDIOCRITY which is a very dangerous journey.

Isn't doing who any favors? None of us are influencing the GB Packers. This is merely discussion.

I'll ask again. Who has been saying our WR group is fine? At most, 1-2 people. You're making up an argument. Try to keep things out of fantasy land, please.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Isn't doing who any favors? None of us are influencing the GB Packers. This is merely discussion.

I'll ask again. Who has been saying our WR group is fine? At most, 1-2 people. You're making up an argument. Try to keep things out of fantasy land, please.

I really don't have the time to look up every single poster that has relentlessly been saying we need more defense and were fine at WR and weapons on offense.

Its far more then 1-2 people.

Whether someone is influenced or not this current roster on offense is not set up to succeed. In fact it has the makings of a disaster.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really don't have the time to look up every single poster that has relentlessly been saying we need more defense and were fine at WR and weapons on offense.

Whether someone is influenced or not this current roster on offense is not set up to succeed. In fact it has the makings of a disaster.

And there you changed the question, which is still wrong, but c'mon man. Spin spin spin. You make crap up, don't know how to read, rinse and repeat.

D

Deleted member 6794

Most posters agree that the Packers need to add a slot receiver before the start of the season. Ryan Grant isn't the solution though.

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never said he would be our no.2. I said he would be good depth and starter in a pinch along with a top draft pick there and add some stability to the slot.

We have nobody at the slot position right now other then just throwing out receiver's name on the roster out there.

Its very sadening the Packer front office has left us so weaponless on offense. Its a tragedy actually.

He was great the 8% of the slot he played in last year.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
He was great the 8% of the slot he played in last year.

If you read all my posts regarding this you would see he played in the slot at Washington a lot more so it's not like he has never done it. He has the skill set to be effective there. He would be as good as Cobb without the injury bug.