Geronimo Allison signed 1 year deal

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I like having Allison for depth purposes at 2 million, but I agree with several others that the Packers still need to acquire a #2 receiving option. Our young receivers are nice, but I don't feel comfortable relying upon their continued growth.

The investment has been made on the defensive side of the ball. If it all comes to fruition, we could be looking at a top 10 unit. Lets not wait until 2020 to focus on getting this offense back to its explosive ways.

For me, I want:

Davante
MVS/EQ/JMON/*** (young guns)
Allison

D

Deleted member 6794

I like having Allison for depth purposes at 2 million, but I agree with several others that the Packers still need to acquire a #2 receiving option. Our young receivers are nice, but I don't feel comfortable relying upon their continued growth.

The investment has been made on the defensive side of the ball. If it all comes to fruition, we could be looking at a top 10 unit. Lets not wait until 2020 to focus on getting this offense back to its explosive ways.

For me, I want:

Davante
MVS/EQ/JMON/*** (young guns)
Allison

Agreed, the #2 receiver will most likely have to be drafted with the Packers lacking cap space.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As long as the Packers don't repeat drafting three wide receivers this year both Allison and Kumerow have a decent chance at making the roster.
He has a tough road ahead with the new coaching staff.

Adams, MVS, and EQ are the only locks. Then I see JMon Moore and Lazard as having a shot based on potential. Davis is also on the bubble but may make it as a returner. Then I see a WR picked in the first 4 rounds of the coming draft to be a slot to replace Cobb.

I think Allison makes it, but there is a tough cut or two in there. Maybe Moore and Lazzard get stashed on the practice squad.

D

Deleted member 6794

Adams, MVS, and EQ are the only locks. Then I see JMon Moore and Lazard as having a shot based on potential. Davis is also on the bubble but may make it as a returner. Then I see a WR picked in the first 4 rounds of the coming draft to be a slot to replace Cobb.

I think Allison makes it, but there is a tough cut or two in there. Maybe Moore and Lazzard get stashed on the practice squad.

It's possible Moore and/or Lazard develop into decent wide receivers but at this point Kumerow is definitely more ready to have an impact next season.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score

I'm not sure that I see Davis on the roster unless there are legitimately no other options in the return game.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm not sure that I see Davis on the roster unless there are legitimately no other options in the return game.

The Packers have to find a quality returner capable of producing either on offense and defense as well making Davis expendable.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moore can still be a good WR. He gets open better than anybody not named Adams.

He just needs to live with a Jugs machine.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Allison is the slowest of the lot, but the best pass catcher.

The consistency and mental toughness of both MvS and EqStB have been called into question in college as well as their catching ability. Both also demonstrated weakness against physical CBs. Brown seems to be more favoured than MVS. Also I recall Brown played from the slot part time in college.

I reckon the depth would be:

WR1: Adams / MVS
WR2: Allison / Kumerow
Slot: ESB / DraftPick

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Moore can still be a good WR. He gets open better than anybody not named Adams.

He just needs to live with a Jugs machine.

I would actually agree that while most aren't high on Moore he has the most upside of any of them. He would probably be the only one that has a high enough ceiling to be a no.2.

I still don't feel comfortable with that being the only plan.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Allison is the slowest of the lot, but the best pass catcher.

The consistency and mental toughness of both MvS and EqStB have been called into question in college as well as their catching ability. Both also demonstrated weakness against physical CBs. Brown seems to be more favoured than MVS. Also I recall Brown played from the slot part time in college.

GMo was timed on the field on a TD pass last year. He clocked in at the 3rd fastest player in a a play in the NFL. There are a lot of other variables in there, but he is not as slow as thought.

Lost in the shuffle; Marcedes Lewis has been resigned to a one year deal.
Maybe he can build on those 3 receptions last year.

Reading some good things about J'Mon Moore. He's drawing raves for how hard he's been working, with huge improvements in his technique and fundamentals.
Great to hear! Takes some players a bit to adjust to the game. Definitely has the physical skills to be very successful.

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only thing I have seen on Moore has been a video of him practicing somewhere in his helmet.

D

Deleted member 6794

That would have to be the original round tender then.

True, the Packers wouldn't receive any compensation if Allison ends up with another team as he went undrafted.

Also I recall Brown played from the slot part time in college.

MVS was the one receiving the most snaps in the slot out of the receivers currently on the roster.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's possible Moore and/or Lazard develop into decent wide receivers but at this point Kumerow is definitely more ready to have an impact next season.

Kumerow has always been a good receiver, I'm just not sure at this point if it makes sense to ever really count on him being healthy.

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm convinced Lewis will mostly be used as a blocking tight end.

For sure. He averaged less than 40 targets with Jacksonville in his final 5 seasons there and our new OC was his OC in Jacksonville. Even if we assumed the Packers weren't going to draft a TE, Graham will end up getting most of the receiving action and looks from Rodgers out of the group.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel like Tate is just waiting to fall off, and if we signed him, he would. (For example, Jimmy Graham)

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally, I'm not that worried about our WR crew.

Adams is elite. He's probably a top 5, at worst a top 10 WR in the league. A true #1 option.

Allison has Rodgers trust. Runs great routes. Kinda sneaky speed. Before he got hurt, was on pace for over 1k yards.

By the end of the year, EQSB was probably our 2nd best WR. Surprisingly shifty for his height, he is smoooooth. Runs nice routes, has good hands, he could be the total package. Just needs to keep improving.

MVS can get deep on anybody. He toasted Slay from Detroit on a play, which was surprising. I think he got used too much. Reminds me a little bit of Martavis Bryant, but he has a lot of work to do imo.

Moore I think has the most potential of all the young guys. The guy can get open. He has that knack, and great footwork. He just couldn't catch lol. Kind of a big deal. Has to improve his hands.

I don't care about Kumerow. He's nothing.

But...what matters most is the scheme change. Our WR routes were not great. Poor play design. Our interior OL play was bad. That hurt a lot. With a new scheme change, things should be easier for Rodgers eventually. We still need that shifty little slot, but I think that's all we need.

Look at NE. Their main WR crew was UDFA, UDFA, and a 1st rounder they traded for that wasn't very productive.

What matters is adapting and using your players in the right situation, which MM was very bad at.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only thing I have seen on Moore has been a video of him practicing somewhere in his helmet.

Almost forgot this!

This is how every WR should train.

Your helmet restricts your vision, especially on downfield throws. Tracking a pass with a helmet on, especially if it's over your head, is much more difficult than without a helmet. It's the little things like that, that make big differences.

Staff online

Members online