General McCarthy

NiVeK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just was witness to an interview involving sir Michael McCarthy. It was excruciating. No fluctuation in his voice, no personality....
It was like watchin moss grow on a rock in the middle of Nebraska (yeah! that bad!)
I sure hope he's a good coach, but I sure won't be watching any more of his interviews....sheeeeesh....

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess if he can coach, teach and motivate his team I could care less about his media skills.

I am not saying Sherman was the greatest thing ever, but he seemed to be an above average coach with the respect of his team and he never came off as dynamic in his press conferences either.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sherman was "below" average....imo..

..as a coach..and in front of the media...

(what he was above average in was "being a nice guy"...that's why some people liked him in spite of his deficiencies..)

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah i was listening to Mike and Mike in the morning on ESPN Radio

They tried their hardest to lighten him up....they kept setting him up for easy punchlines and he never would bite. he just kept on preachin football.

Bill Belichek isnt very outspoken or charismatic. but the dude has three superbowls.... lets hope we have this kind of coach... but im with you minnysucks. A llittle personality wouldnt hurt everyonce in a while.
Plus hes brand new to all this maybe he will get the hang of it as he goes.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
Yeah i was listening to Mike and Mike in the morning on ESPN Radio

They tried their hardest to lighten him up....they kept setting him up for easy punchlines and he never would bite. he just kept on preachin football.

Bill Belichek isnt very outspoken or charismatic. but the dude has three superbowls.... lets hope we have this kind of coach... but im with you minnysucks. A llittle personality wouldnt hurt everyonce in a while.
Plus hes brand new to all this maybe he will get the hang of it as he goes.

You got me, I was actually thinking of using Belichek as my reference point rather than Sherman, but must have gotten a brain cramp while typing. :oops:

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
theres a podcast on ESPN.com if you are an insider its under green bay packers local headlines

and that episode was great....and im serial about that.

but that radio interview with MM wasnt all that i sure wouldnt sign up to be an insider just for that interview.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy is new at this......it will take him awhile to get used to the cameras and interviews. I think he will be fine.
And some guys just don't have that quick wit.........like i do! :lol:

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it's not bear-pig-man... it's man-bear-pig. And I DON'T KNOW WHY NOBODY BELIEVES ME BECAUSE MAN-BEAR-PIG IS REAL AND I'M BEING SUPER-DUPER SERIAL!

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P.S. packers podcasts are free on itunes. i'm sure it's on there if you want it. personally, i couldn't care less about if his interview was riveting or not. all i care about are results! wait till he wins us a few and then i'll say that i like him.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
it's not bear-pig-man... it's man-bear-pig. And I DON'T KNOW WHY NOBODY BELIEVES ME BECAUSE MAN-BEAR-PIG IS REAL AND I'M BEING SUPER-DUPER SERIAL!

looooooooooool did you watch the dogwhisper last night? that was awesome!

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nah. i actually don't watch it too often anymore, but my brother was at my place this weekend and man-bear-pig came on and he said it was so good i had to watch it. i also liked the one where oprah's ****** accidentally shot it's own butt-hole then killed itself out of guilt, and chef's last episode. "i wanna MAKE LOVE to the CHILDREN."

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everything I seenof McCarthy, he was alright...funny even.

Is this on packers.com that i can view?

What matters is that the william hendersons and such like the guy.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most coaches are like that. Besides what do you expect he has been working with Thompson for about 4 months now. He has the same speaking methods.