1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

GB vs Minnesota schedule

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by JeffQuery, Dec 10, 2009.

1. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,966
    okay noodle butt..

I am tired of your putting words in my mouth..

Unless you have proof I said he cost them the game then post the ****...I did put some blame on him just as it should be...Like blame on the o-l, for not doing their job..Everyone has a part in a loss...

But here are all the posts I found from that Vik Pitt game.

http://www.packerforum.com/packer-fan-forum/17607-pittsburg-vikings-2.html

http://www.packerforum.com/packer-fan-forum/17607-pittsburg-vikings-8.html

http://www.packerforum.com/packer-fan-forum/17607-pittsburg-vikings-9.html

http://www.packerforum.com/packer-fan-forum/17607-pittsburg-vikings-10.html

http://www.packerforum.com/packer-fan-forum/17607-pittsburg-vikings-11.html

http://www.packerforum.com/packer-fan-forum/17607-pittsburg-vikings-13.html

Originally Posted by Skol guy [​IMG]
    2 years ago you guys would stand in line for hours to sniff his jock strap but now he sucks. You Packer backers crack me up

http://www.packerforum.com/packer-fan-forum/17607-pittsburg-vikings-16.html

riginally Posted by angryguy77 [​IMG] Saying that Favre cost them the game is pure ignorance. Taylor should have caught that ball palin and simple. By this logic I guess we can pipn every dropped ball for the packers on Rodgers.

Just unbelieveable how anyone with any sort of football knowlege would say ti Favre's fault.

http://www.packerforum.com/packer-fan-forum/17607-pittsburg-vikings-17.html

2. Skol guy

Skol guy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    No need for name calling. The mods are quite serious about that on this forum. I know as i had a Va-cay for the last month. what is noodle-butt anyway?:yahoo:

3. DILLIGAFF

DILLIGAFF Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    And this is why we play the games. Thank god this is not college football where the champs are decided by debates like this.

I want the Packers to go to the Super Bowl, but I would settle for beating the vikings in the playoffs or advancing further than them.

This year anybody has a shot at it, their are no dominating teams like the Patriots a couple of seasons ago.

As far as saying who has the lead or should be favored, vikings clearly because they beat us twice and have a better record. Both teams have taken advantage of an easy schedule. The Saints have had an easy schedule too. The Eagle, Dallas, and Giants are probably the most tested teams at this point, and I don't understand Arizona.

You can be a good team with an easy or hard schedule, but as the Giants proved that its not how you start or play in the regular season, but its how you finish.

The Packers without a doubt or finishing strong.

4. Skol guy

Skol guy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Agreed, the Vikings looked great the other day but looked terrible against the cards. I think 5 of the 6 playoff teams have the talent to win the NFC. Philly has looked great at times but gave up 500 yards to the giants and the cardinals are up and down and the saints are barely getting by so I think the packers could get hot and do some damage. Home-field advantage could be huge

5. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    I think considering the youth of this team, home-field could be a huge factor. But you never know...

6. ndandrea91

ndandrea91 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    With all this said, who thinks the Packers will be the NFC wildcard?

7. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +827
    They will be one of them for sure. No doubt about that in my mind. The only question will be if they are the 5 or 6 seed and who they play the first game.

8. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Right now I'd say we'll be the 5th seed. Pretty confident in that. Unless AZ goes on a loosing streak and needs to win the last game...

Read the post wrong before...

9. JeffQuery

JeffQuery Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +3
    Yeah..against a bunch of "Tomato Can" Opponents...and Underachievers...

Big Deal...

What does that prove?

Nothing...

10. 3irty1

3irty1 Fear the Dreads!

Ratings:
    +115
    Yeah Jeff, well The vikes are 0-0 when Favre is sacked 8 or more times in a game. TAKE THAT

11. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Frrrrrrrrrrrrrppppppppppppppp

Oh, did you say something?

12. Ted's Zombie Army

Ted's Zombie Army Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    I like kicking tomato cans and the asses of underachievers as much as the next guy. It feels pretty much the same as a win against one of your troll-approved opponents and the league gives you the exact same number of wins as if you beat the world. That would be 1.

I'd ask TT if he rigged that schedule, but he's probably on the way to your house to try and stop Christmas. Bar that little troll door!

13. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Okay, is this College football?? All this talk about schedulle, and what ifs...

Last time I checked, a W in the NFL is a W. There's no asteriscs, there's no rankings.

14. angryguy77

angryguy77 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    So a win against the lions or browns is just as impressive as a win against no, indi, minn or sd?

I think a win over a good team means and tells a little more about a club than a win over a not so good team.

15. Raptorman

Ratings:
    +827
    So that would mean a loss to a bad team tells a little more about a club then a loss to a good team as well.

16. angryguy77

angryguy77 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Unless if you lose to good teams consistantly but beat the bad ones consistantly. Beating bad teams I dont believe gives anyone an idea about how good a team really is. Had minn lost to cinci I would say there would be questions about the team It's not that they dont have them, but I think we have a clearer picture as to what kind of team they are.

17. Skol guy

Skol guy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah well your 0-2 for the year with your predictions on this game so I am not sold Aaron rodgers is ready for Jared Allen in the dome come playoff time. The Vikings play like they did against Cincy and you have no chance

18. Skol guy

Skol guy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    The schedule is set up by how the NFC north finished last year and since the packers had a bad year as well as the lions the north was given a weaker schedule. So to blame the Vikings and their weak schedule on luck is ludricous. It has nothing to do with their 10-6 finish but more to do with the Lions and Packers record.

19. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Tells a little bit more? Do you remember who we won from in 96? Yeah, that's what I thought... It means ****. All that matters is the W.

I'm not evaluating anybody, and nobody's concept in here matters. All I care is about my team reaching the playoffs, and winning. If we win from the Lions, and not the Eagles, we're not going to the Fiesta Bowl instead of the BCS Bowl... We're going to the playoffs either way.

And, as I've said before, you got to be kidding yourselves if you think a regular season games is the same as a playoff game, and that the winning record and who we've beaten matters when we play the opponent on the wildcard.
    I was talking about GB being away for the whole playoffs. Not about GB and MN. Believe it or not, but GB doesn't play MN every week. First, we need to win the first round. Then maybe we can play and see that. As I've said before, I don't care about Division Titles. I have no idea how many of those we got. I have no idea of how many Conference championships we have. All I know is that we got 12 Titles, being 3 of those SBs.
    -
    If you all want to continue measuring your penises, that's fine with me...

20. Skol guy

Skol guy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    gd. point because Minnesota 2 losses are against last years superbowl teams and one of the packers losses came at the hands of the bucs. Your other out of conference loss is to a team that the vikings destroyed by twenty so really the arguement about how lucky and schedule makes no sense.

21. Skol guy

Skol guy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I am not counting the packers out because all the playoff teams will be capable of pulling off any game and yes luck does have alot to do with the way the ball bounces so put that talk to bed. I would bet the packers have had acouple breaks that we deemed lucky on this side of the river over the years. Sometimes the football gods give gifts

22. Raptorman

Ratings:
    +827
    In the true historical aspect they have 14. But that's for another thread and time.

23. Skol guy

Skol guy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    History 101 huh? freshen it up abit as we have heard that over and over from you. You live in the past as the defending NFC North Champions are getting ready to claim another div. championship. I can't wait for baseball season so I can brag about the 87' & 91' world series champion Minnesota twins to combat your 96' superbowl team talk that we are all quite aware of. We get it back in the day before you were born the packers won some champioships when there was about half of the teams there is now and your proud as a peacock. Boy do the Minneapolis Lakers make me damn proud to be from the land of lakes!

24. angryguy77

angryguy77 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    What I do remember from that 96 team is as the year progressed there wasn't doubt about how good the team was as they beat down most opponents. That I do remember. What I dont remember is them beating worthless teams and trying to make a case that there wins are just as impressive as beating a good team-unlike this year.

A win is a win, i get that. But if any of you can say that this team is much better than it was judging on who they have played so far, then you must all be high.

25. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    As far as I'm concerned, those 2 Vikings games are also History... We're playing very differently than we were, we have different players playing...