GB vs Minnesota schedule

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
What's the excuse this week?

Vikings whip the Bengals convincingly (a team you lost to), and the Packers are "lucky" to beat the Bears...

Three teams coulda/shoulda beat the Pack in the last 5 weeks...

Imo...you guys have been more lucky than good, and will get your *** whupped if you make the playoffs, in the first round.

You are aware that the Viks played Frisco with out Gore and Crabtree?

Wouldn't that be considered lucky?

Or the Ravens kicker missing that FG?

If it wasnt for good luck on the Viks side they would be

wow

9-4

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Minus the games played against each other it stacks up like this for games played so far.

MN: 52-90 .366
GB: 47-95 .331

For the remaining games.

MN: 17-19 .408
GB: 19-17 .528

Since they only play 2 different teams during the year it would have to be close.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Minnesota on left

W- Browns 34-20.... Packers W 31-3
W- Detroit 27-13......Packers W 26-0
W- Frisco 27-24.......Packers W 30-24
W- Rams 38-10........Packers W 36-17
W-Ravens 33-31.......Packers W 27-14
W-Detroit 27-10.......Packers W 34-12
W-Bears 36-10.........Packers W 21-15
W-Cinncy 30-10.......Packers L 21-34

Minny is 8-0 Pack 7-1 vs same teams

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since they doinated Cincy does that mean the Vikings are for real?BTW I have missed you guys

Well Ifeel a heck of a lot better now. They beat a quality team convincingly. Having Winfiled back sure made a huge difference too in that secondary. NO looked weak the last two weeks and I think there might be some chinks in that suit that the viks can take advantage of.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score

wow

9-4
To support our arguement further, I was listening to the Jim Rome Show today and he had Antoine Winfield on. Winfield took it upon himself to say that Minnesota has had some lucky breaks this year, he then pointed to the 9ers and Ravens games as examples.

I just thought that was funny. Lol.

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score

wow

9-4

I dont call losing your best db in that ravens game luck. SF was beating them up until a perfect throw by Favre. I hear people talk about if gore and crabtree. I guess SF hasn't lost a game since both of them came back to play right.

But if you want to put it that way I guess you could say the pack was lucky there was not ed reed last week.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I dont call losing your best db in that ravens game luck. SF was beating them up until a perfect throw by Favre. I hear people talk about if gore and crabtree. I guess SF hasn't lost a game since both of them came back to play right.

But if you want to put it that way I guess you could say the pack was lucky there was not ed reed last week.
Antoine Winfield pointed to both of those wins when he said you need a certain amount of luck to get to 11-2.

Even the people playing on the Vikings are rational about it.

Also, the "perfect throw" by Favre was him throwing it as hard as he could at Lewis and Lewis making a fantastic catch. Greg doesn't get nearly the amount of credit he should for that play.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score

And then there were those two "lucky" plays the Steelers had that went for touchdowns. Maybe Green Bays luck is that when they played Detroit they didn't face Stafford and Johnson. Or that Reed and Suggs were out when they played the Ravens. Or that Troy P. will more then likely not play this weekend in Pittsburgh.

Luck is always part of the game. In the end, it usually evens out.

OP
OP
JeffQuery

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Antoine Winfield pointed to both of those wins when he said you need a certain amount of luck to get to 11-2.

Also, the "perfect throw" by Favre was him throwing it as hard as he could at Lewis and Lewis making a fantastic catch. Greg doesn't get nearly the amount of credit he should for that play.

Yeah..of course...Let's not forget that we can't give FAVRE any credit for anything, right? That's rational.

Also, I guess it WASN't luck for Pittsburg that the REF called a phantom tripping call against the Vikings....?

Minnesota should be 12-1 if it wasn't for all their "LUCK"...:rotfl:

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It was a great catch, but it took two great plays for it to happen. I dont see that play as luck but executed perfectly. Both should be getting prop I agree.

Winfiled can say it was luck that he missed thefg, and it was to a degree. But the way I look at it is that it was the vikings misfortune/play calling that set that up in the first place.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
And then there were those two "lucky" plays the Steelers had that went for touchdowns. Maybe Green Bays luck is that when they played Detroit they didn't face Stafford and Johnson. Or that Reed and Suggs were out when they played the Ravens. Or that Troy P. will more then likely not play this weekend in Pittsburgh.

Luck is always part of the game. In the end, it usually evens out.

The Packers two best tackles Packers have had in a while were MIA for a long time..Cliffy about 4 games ( and both Viking games) Tauch wasnt even on the tema for the 1st Vik game

and since they have remained steady in the line up, isnt it odd how sacks dropped down, and we got on a win streak?

So while injuries can be an excuse for a Packer win, at least use it for a Packer loss..

Or shall we keep the double standard theme going?

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Yeah..of course...Let's not forget that we can't give FAVRE any credit for anything, right? That's rational.

Also, I guess it WASN't luck for Pittsburg that the REF called a phantom tripping call against the Vikings....?

Minnesota should be 12-1 if it wasn't for all their "LUCK"...:rotfl:

Favre has played brilliantly this year. Better than he ever has. In any other year where there weren't two unbeaten teams he'd win the MVP, and with those numbers it would be well deserved. He deserves every accolade, every superlative said about his play this year, because it has been something else. Because I refuse to give him credit for a last second heave doesn't mean I won't give him credit for anything, because that would be stupid. He's been obviously brilliant this year and to say anything else would be a lie.

Thanks for the sweeping generalization, though. I'm so glad to be lumped in with the pro-Brett/anti-Brett idiots, such as yourself, who can't see the gray area in between.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Favre has played brilliantly this year. Better than he ever has. In any other year where there weren't two unbeaten teams he'd win the MVP, and with those numbers it would be well deserved. He deserves every accolade, every superlative said about his play this year, because it has been something else. Because I refuse to give him credit for a last second heave doesn't mean I won't give him credit for anything, because that would be stupid. He's been obviously brilliant this year and to say anything else would be a lie.

Thanks for the sweeping generalization, though. I'm so glad to be lumped in with the pro-Brett/anti-Brett idiots, such as yourself, who can't see the gray area in between.
:happy0005:

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well Ifeel a heck of a lot better now. They beat a quality team convincingly. Having Winfiled back sure made a huge difference too in that secondary. NO looked weak the last two weeks and I think there might be some chinks in that suit that the viks can take advantage of.
Who has packers beat to convince us Minnesota is lucky? The packers have almost identical schedule and the the Vikings have fared better.Injurys? Both teams have had them so cancel that out Longtime guy. Results get you in and the would of,should of banter is lame so anybody crying about Minny beating SF or the ravens because of luck should be crying about them loseing to the Steelers as we had twice as many yards as they did. The Vikings were outplayed by the cards but not the Steelers. The packers were outplayed twice by the Vikings so that alone should tell you the Vikings deserve to win the north.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Who has packers beat to convince us Minnesota is lucky? The packers have almost identical schedule and the the Vikings have fared better.Injurys? Both teams have had them so cancel that out Longtime guy. Results get you in and the would of,should of banter is lame so anybody crying about Minny beating SF or the ravens because of luck should be crying about them loseing to the Steelers as we had twice as many yards as they did. The Vikings were outplayed by the cards but not the Steelers. The packers were outplayed twice by the Vikings so that alone should tell you the Vikings deserve to win the north.
I can't speak for LT, but personally what i'm trying to say in this "luck" arguement is that every great team gets breaks throughout a season. You know, New Orleans gets Washington missing a 20 yard FG, Indy gets New England going for it on 4th and 2. It feels to me like some people are trying to say luck has no part in the Vikings success when it has to a degree. And that's not an insult, that's not a slight, every great team tends to get those breaks. Luck plays a role in winning a championship and if people deny that I doubt they're really paying attention.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You have got to admit though luck does play a big part in the NFL overall. Case in question, NO at redskins and their recent victory over Atlanta. The Vikings clearly have luck on their side but I do admit they have one of the most if not the most talented teams right now.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You have got to admit though luck does play a big part in the NFL overall. Case in question, NO at redskins and their recent victory over Atlanta. The Vikings clearly have luck on their side but I do admit they have one of the most if not the most talented teams right now.
yeah but a 7-0 division record with one game remaining says the vikings have done enough to win the north

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

The Pack played the Viks with out Cliffy and Tauch AND Bigby in the 1st game..and no one says it would have mattered...We played the Ravens with our Reed and Suggs and we are told we were lucky..

But the Viks played the niners w/o Gore and Crabtree and won but the minute we say something about that, it is downplayed

Double standards all around

I am not saying we are worlds better I am not saying we would win the division if any of that was different

Just saying use the same reasoning when comparing wins and losses

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Pack played the Viks with out Cliffy and Tauch AND Bigby in the 1st game..and no one says it would have mattered...We played the Ravens with our Reed and Suggs and we are told we were lucky..

But the Viks played the niners w/o Gore and Crabtree and won but the minute we say something about that, it is downplayed

Double standards all around

I am not saying we are worlds better I am not saying we would win the division if any of that was different

Just saying use the same reasoning when comparing wins and losses
the only one I see with the haves and have not's is you. Scoreboards tell the tale of every game. You lost to the Vikings twice so I have no idea what you are trying to say. Can we blame the the cards game on Antione Winfield being out? I heard one of our players had a tummy ache that day as well so I feel better knowing that we would of won with winfield and some pepto on the sidelines. Wins and losses are what decides the playoff berths so it is not the same as your injury talk that means nothing.jeffquery guy does make some excuses but not me i go with results. i did defend the vikings against the steelers but only after YOU put the loss on brett favre which is crazy with numbers he put up that day. 342 yards compared to 175 for Ben and one pic off of chester taylors hand that can hardly be blamed on favre

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
the only one I see with the haves and have not's is you. Scoreboards tell the tale of every game. You lost to the Vikings twice so I have no idea what you are trying to say. Can we blame the the cards game on Antione Winfield being out? I heard one of our players had a tummy ache that day as well so I feel better knowing that we would of won with winfield and some pepto on the sidelines. Wins and losses are what decides the playoff berths so it is not the same as your injury talk that means nothing.jeffquery guy does make some excuses but not me i go with results. i did defend the vikings against the steelers but only after YOU put the loss on brett favre which is crazy with numbers he put up that day. 342 yards compared to 175 for Ben and one pic off of chester taylors hand that can hardly be blamed on favre

Brett didnt have a fumble that was returned for a TD??? I did also say no why put that int of Taylor on Brett..I do recall that specifically..

Rodgers played a big part in the Tampa loss with interceptions and I admitted that....Why are were even bringing up an int or non int? This is only about luck, and injuries..

Go look at how EVERY win we had was downplayed.....But yet every win for the Vikings is only cuz they are the best thing since sliced bread

Show me where I said we would be division winners, or even would have beat the Vikings if we were at full health...

Your just grasping at things that I never said and running with it..

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's safe to say that: Green Bay will make some noise in the playoffs, but to not currently field a team solid enough to reach the Super Bowl. As a result, it doesn't much matter how they finish, as they are all but in the playoffs. On the other hand, Minnesota - with the right breaks (avoiding certain match-up's that maybe Green Bay can do for them) - CAN reach the Super Bowl, so it is paramount they win their last three games, which might be wishful thinking.

I think this Sunday, Minnesota shows the world that it is a serious contender, or still a few players away. They've gotta batten down the hatches,
and then: CONSISTENTLY RUN BLOCK.
and then: ALL DAY MUST RUN WITH PATIENCE INSTEAD OF UP HIS LINEMEN'S BACKS.
and then: THE O-LINE MUST CONSISTENTLY OPEN UP RUNNING LANES.
and then: IF THE SECONDARY STRUGGLES AGAINST CAROLINA, IT'S OVER.
and then: RUNNING IS KEY BECAUSE CAROLINA IS #6 AGAINST THE PASS.

Green Bay is in a tough spot playing Pittsburgh at the worst time - on the road and a team that is fighting to remain relevant.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett didnt have a fumble that was returned for a TD??? I did also say no why put that int of Taylor on Brett..I do recall that specifically..

Rodgers played a big part in the Tampa loss with interceptions and I admitted that....Why are were even bringing up an int or non int? This is only about luck, and injuries..

Go look at how EVERY win we had was downplayed.....But yet every win for the Vikings is only cuz they are the best thing since sliced bread

Show me where I said we would be division winners, or even would have beat the Vikings if we were at full health...

You blamed that on Favre the following day If i recall. I think the vikings could be the best team in the NFC if they come to play. Against Arizona that got outplayed and coached. The vikings,Packers,saints,cards and philly have showed at times they could win the NFC but looking at games and trying to disect what is luck vs talent is meaningless. like it or not the Vikings are loaded for bear(no pun intended) it looks like the Vikings will have 11 pro-bowlers this year so somebody else besides me thinks the vikings are a pretty good team. Playoffs will decide who represents the NFC and all teams better bring their A-Game to advance. The packers have gotten them selfs in a great position but like minnesota their schedule is weak. With the bad loss the other night by the cards i would say home-field for the first game is huge where as the pack will be on the road.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Even in this post your still putting the Blame on favre because a ball was knocked out of his hands from behind. Funny the same thing happened to Aaron rodgers against the vikings but you praised rodgers for almost winning the game right? even thow the rest of the country saw the packers getting destroyed. you can't dictate your arguement by certain players getting a free pass on a fumble because he plays for the packers and blast another QB for the same thing. Remember jared Allen causeing the fumble by Rodgers for a TD?

Members online

Latest posts