Game 17 - Bears Studs & Duds

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I’m afraid Carlson is going to cost the Packers a big game. I know he’s young, but there is better talent out there that can be picked up. I have to close my eyes whenever this guy comes out on the field.

This is still a developmental year for GB, despite all the success. They aren't going to go win a Super Bowl. So let Carlson continue to work things out and bring in some camp competition for next season. If he costs them a game in the playoffs, I don't really see how that's a huge deal.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I kept saying that all week! The Bears are TERRIBLE!! People were believing in them because of their cockiness! I wish it would have been 58-0!

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud

Jordan Love-Would you trade him for ANYONE right now???

Excuse the pun, but I LOVE how he spreads the ball around; it's Brady-esque.

WRs-Diverse, smart, team-oriented group. Reed is a baller and Wicks is Davante Junior.

Aaron Jones changes the offense

Pass rush, Preston in particular for being the rock solid model of consistency

Dud

Carlson

Again, I don't think it is hyperbole to suggest we would not trade Love for ANYONE in the league presently. Jordan has been the BEST quarterback in the league for 10 weeks. Unbelievable.

No reason we can't win in Dallas...

Last edited:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Stud

Jordan Love-Would you trade him for ANYONE right now???

Excuse the pun, but I LOVE how he spreads the ball around; it's Brady-esque.

WRs-Diverse, smart, team-oriented group. Reed is a baller and Wicks is Davante Junior.

Aaron Jones changes the offense

Pass rush, Preston in particular for being the rock solid model of consistency

Dud

Carlson

Again, I don't think it is hyperbole to suggest we would not trade Love for ANYONE in the league presently. Jordan has been the BEST quarterback in the league for 10 weeks. Unbelievable.

No reason we can't win in Dallas...

C.J. Stroud, Josh Allen, and Patrick Mahomes. But that might be it.

Reaction score
After a full season of analysis coupled with this game.. I’ve concluded that:

-Kenny is always consistent.
-Preston is sneakily good
-Karl Brooks plays like he was 2nd-3rd round draft selection
-Wyatt plays more like you’d expect from a 3rd-4th Rounder at this point
-Van Ness is very gradually emerging
-TJ Slaton is above average

-We need 1 more good CB.
-We need 1 more good Safety, I’m beginning to warm on Anthony Johnson, but Savage is still very mediocre.

Stud: Barrys usage of Quay. I absolutely loved what Barry did with Walker. He literally spied Fields like 80% of the game and just punished him when he ran. We were very physical and Fields looked timid after getting tossed around and battered.

Studs: WR/TE grouping.
We are exceptionally young and exceptionally deep and talented.
Musgrave, Kraft with 1-2 of the best of Tyler or Ben or Josiah coming back on a cheaper deal etc. will be effective.
Kraft is going to be good enough to start on many teams in a couple years. He’s in that lower TE1 area for me. He’s a do-it-all TE.
Musgrave was playing limited and he’d shown to be formidable already.

The OL has gotten better. We just rushed for 125 yards on one of the best Run D leaguewide. We imposed our Will on Chicago and it was very apparent they were no match for us.

games

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
MLF and JB - Dialed up another one. Scheme holding Fields to 25 yards? Crazy.
Love - Way too young to be orchestrating offensive drives like prime Rodgers. Yet, here we are.
Defense - Great discipline in the secondary and wonderful aggression in the trenches and at LB

Duds:
Carlsen - Untimely XP miss; nowhere near ready to launch him though;

MLF and Love - End of Q2. MLF needs basic TO management. Love didn't want to repeat the mistake of throwing the almost-pick in the end zone. So, he threw to the covered receiver in the flat, when he should have just thrown it OB to set up the FG. Live and learn.

Refs - I swear it's almost intentional now. I understand Melton's catch wasn't a TD. But the Chicago WR clearly dropped the slant pass nose down on the ground, and LaFleur properly challenged it, but got overturned. Also, giving the Bears a first down on the 4th down conversion attempt was questionable, but did anyone else notice the camera was just slightly angled? No one at home could get a clear, straight-on view of the measurement, the chain was like two feet away from the ball, and I swear there was still a couple of links of slack in the chain. LOL.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't know why LaFleur called a time out after the 2nd big completion at the end of the first half. We were moving the ball at will. If we were tired; so were the bears. Should not have called that time out.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Don't know why LaFleur called a time out after the 2nd big completion at the end of the first half. We were moving the ball at will. If we were tired; so were the bears. Should not have called that time out.
That is one area of the game that I think MLF needs work on, clock management (timeouts and challenges included).

Too many timeouts due to the offense not being ready to snap the ball. Sometimes I think a timeout is more valuable than a 5 yard penalty.

If my stats are correct, he has only won 16 of 34 challenges (2 of 7 this season). Now given that the league average is around 50%, I guess it isn't bad, but I would rather see him up above the average, not below it.

Reaction score
This is still a developmental year for GB, despite all the success. They aren't going to go win a Super Bowl. So let Carlson continue to work things out and bring in some camp competition for next season. If he costs them a game in the playoffs, I don't really see how that's a huge deal.
Yeah. One thing we can’t do this season is argue from the corner of impatience. Imagine if we had moved on from some of these young guys.

Jordan Love in a “draft do over” would go #1-#3 overall after what we currently know. A year ago we were ready to cut the kid.

Last edited:

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From another thread
-We need 1 more good CB.
-We need 1 more good Safety, I’m beginning to warm on Anthony Johnson, but Savage is still very mediocre.
Given the below from another thread, wouldn't they be looking for more than one each CB and safety?
S
ZAYNE ANDERSON -
According to spotrac and other sources he actually is signed into next year for a hit of $1.05M
ANTHONY JOHNSON JR - Rookie deal and hits for $935K
Darnell Savage - 2024 void hit but Not signed past this year.
Jonathan Owens - Not signed past this year.
Johnathan "Rudy" Ford - Not signed past this year.

CBs
JAIRE ALEXANDER
- Signed through 2026 and hits for $24.4M next year
ERIC STOKES - 2024 final year (unless we pick up 5th option) and hits for 3.8M next year
CARRINGTON VALENTINE - Signed through 2026 and hits for just $940K next year
Keisean Nixon - 2024 void hit but Not signed past this year.
Corey Ballentine - Not signed past this year.
Robert Rochell - Not signed past this year.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is one area of the game that I think MLF needs work on, clock management (timeouts and challenges included).

Too many timeouts due to the offense not being ready to snap the ball. Sometimes I think a timeout is more valuable than a 5 yard penalty.

If my stats are correct, he has only won 16 of 34 challenges (2 of 7 this season). Now given that the league average is around 50%, I guess it isn't bad, but I would rather see him up above the average, not below it.
Time management by coaches is crappy league wide. lol

games

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Time management by coaches is crappy league wide. lol

This is really true. I think there are three things most fan bases criticize their coaches for:

1. Defense can't stop the run
2. We're plagued with injuries
3. Our coach is a terrible clock manager

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He makes me nervous as hell. It looks like he often pushes his kicks to the left?
To me, it looks like he is hooking them to the left. The ball is spinning that way. So why he doesn't aim more to the right I don't know. It's like he aims just a bit right of the left goalpost and then his natural spin takes a left turn.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was wait and see on Love. I don't think I would trade him for Allen, just the other 2 and CJ more because of rookie contract makes the difference for me.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was a inch lol not a foot
depends how you look at it… The ball appeared to be spotted about an inch short ( and yet somehow was still awarded a 1st down. However I thought the spot was very generous as well.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I fail to see where Stroud is better. Josh Allen throws too many interceptions. Mahomes is an immature, spoiled, whiny brat. Wouldn't trade for any of those three.