Fußball-Bundesliga

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
You don't want to become one of the "Fahrstuhlmannschaften" like Hertha, Bochum, 1.FC Koeln, or Kaiserslautern. Once that happens it is hard to reverse the trend. The 2. Bundesliga is very competitive much like the English Championship. Your neighbors from the "Kietz" down at the end of the Kielerstrasse will be waiting to greet you.
Agree on this, all teams that were relegated for the first time later became "Fahrstuhlmannschaften". That happened to Frankfurt, Köln and Kaiserslautern and many other teams you mentioned correctly.
But to me more frightening is the question if we would get a licence for the 2.Bundesliga in case we would be relegated.
I wouldnt bet on this :cautious:

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
But to me more frightening is the question if we would get a licence for the 2.Bundesliga in case we would be relegated.
I wouldnt bet on this :cautious:

Du hast Recht. Dass ist eine echte Katastrophe. Something in the likes of Glasgow Rangers. I had no idea it was this bad.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Fahrstuhl is a German term for elevator. In terms of soccer it is used to describe teams that go up and down between divisions regularly. You would have to admit that this applies very well to 1.FC Koeln.

You easily could have inserted Eintracht Frankfurt instead of my team.

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Why could you not get a license? I can't understand that.

Finances usually... (but I am not familiar with the HSV situation). The debt load can't get too high as to effect the operating budget. Those budgets naturally decrease as you go lower in the divisions... (as do your earning potential which makes this a slippery slope).

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Finances usually... (but I am not familiar with the HSV situation). The debt load can't get too high as to effect the operating budget. Those budgets naturally decrease as you go lower in the divisions... (as do your earning potential which makes this a slippery slope).

Yeah, but wouldn't that be the same for every team relegated? Sure, relegated teams have will have a lower budget as the revenues are lower. Some players you will not keep. I get all that, but I don't understand what that has to do with obtaining the license.

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Plug the following into a translator Tyce and see if this helps.

Nach welchen Kriterien erfolgt die Lizenzerteilung?
Alle Clubs der Bundesliga und 2. Bundesliga müssen die in der Lizenzierungsordnung (LO) und den entsprechenden Anhängen zur LO festgelegten sportlichen, rechtlichen, personell-administrativen, infrastrukturellen und sicherheitstechnischen, medientechnischen sowie finanziellen Kriterien (wirtschaftliche Leistungsfähigkeit) erfüllen. Sämtliche Voraussetzungen stehen gleichgewichtig nebeneinander. Die entsprechenden Unterlagen sind von den Bewerbern aus den Lizenzligen bis zum 15. März einzureichen. Zudem sind bis zum 30. Juni die spielorganisatorischen Voraussetzungen nachzuweisen.

Sollte ein Verein der Bundesliga oder 2. Bundesliga vor der Saison die Lizenz nicht erhalten, so gilt er vorbehaltlich der dort gültigen Zulassungsvoraussetzungen als Absteiger in die Regionalliga seines Regionalverbandes und rückt somit an den Schluss der Tabelle der 2. Bundesliga der vorangegangenen Spielzeit. Die Anzahl der aus sportlichen Gründen abgestiegenen Clubs der vorangegangenen Spielzeit vermindert sich entsprechend.

Ein Club, dem die Lizenz während der laufenden Spielzeit entzogen worden ist, scheidet erst am Ende des Spieljahres aus den Rundenspielen aus und gilt als Absteiger. Die von einem solchen Club ausgetragenen oder noch auszutragenden Spiele werden nur für und gegen die Gegner gewertet.

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Yeah, but wouldn't that be the same for every team relegated?

One thing... you don't have to be relegated to lose your license. One really doesn't have that much to do with the other. HSV's problems obviously go beyond being in 16th place.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, but wouldn't that be the same for every team relegated? Sure, relegated teams have will have a lower budget as the revenues are lower. Some players you will not keep. I get all that, but I don't understand what that has to do with obtaining the license.
As Sandolf wrote it has to do with the financial situation, money is an issue at the moment in Hamburg. We still have a team that is paid like if it would play in Europe but in fact didnt qualify since 5 years.
Last three business years were finished with high losses, up to 10m Euros !
And dont forget there are still high debts because of the stadium that is owned by HSV and had to be financed by ourselves without help by the city of Hamburg.
Thats different from other teams, only 8 out of 18 teams are owners of their stadium as much as I know.
If beeing relegated we will earn less TV money, less tickets are sold, less merchandising and less sponsoring money....but still have to pay for the stadium and an infrastructure that is simply bigger than Freiburg, kaiserslautern or even Köln. It doesnt have to be that way but its definetly something Im afraid of.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
As Sandolf wrote it has to do with the financial situation, money is an issue at the moment in Hamburg. We still have a team that is paid like if it would play in Europe but in fact didnt qualify since 5 years.
Last three business years were finished with high losses, up to 10m Euros !
And dont forget there are still high debts because of the stadium that is owned by HSV and had to be financed by ourselves without help by the city of Hamburg.
Thats different from other teams, only 8 out of 18 teams are owners of their stadium as much as I know.
If beeing relegated we will earn less TV money, less tickets are sold, less merchandising and less sponsoring money....but still have to pay for the stadium and an infrastructure that is simply bigger than Freiburg, kaiserslautern or even Köln. It doesnt have to be that way but its definetly something Im afraid of.

Would you personally be opposed to selling the stadium? Is it even an option?

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Plug the following into a translator Tyce and see if this helps.

Nach welchen Kriterien erfolgt die Lizenzerteilung?
Alle Clubs der Bundesliga und 2. Bundesliga müssen die in der Lizenzierungsordnung (LO) und den entsprechenden Anhängen zur LO festgelegten sportlichen, rechtlichen, personell-administrativen, infrastrukturellen und sicherheitstechnischen, medientechnischen sowie finanziellen Kriterien (wirtschaftliche Leistungsfähigkeit) erfüllen. Sämtliche Voraussetzungen stehen gleichgewichtig nebeneinander. Die entsprechenden Unterlagen sind von den Bewerbern aus den Lizenzligen bis zum 15. März einzureichen. Zudem sind bis zum 30. Juni die spielorganisatorischen Voraussetzungen nachzuweisen.

Sollte ein Verein der Bundesliga oder 2. Bundesliga vor der Saison die Lizenz nicht erhalten, so gilt er vorbehaltlich der dort gültigen Zulassungsvoraussetzungen als Absteiger in die Regionalliga seines Regionalverbandes und rückt somit an den Schluss der Tabelle der 2. Bundesliga der vorangegangenen Spielzeit. Die Anzahl der aus sportlichen Gründen abgestiegenen Clubs der vorangegangenen Spielzeit vermindert sich entsprechend.

Ein Club, dem die Lizenz während der laufenden Spielzeit entzogen worden ist, scheidet erst am Ende des Spieljahres aus den Rundenspielen aus und gilt als Absteiger. Die von einem solchen Club ausgetragenen oder noch auszutragenden Spiele werden nur für und gegen die Gegner gewertet.

Ok, that makes a little more sense.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would you personally be opposed to selling the stadium? Is it even an option?
If the unthinkable would happen Bundesbiers this might be an option, Im pretty sure a team like HSV wouldnt just end up in the Regionalliga. I'd expect the City of Hamburg or Mr. Kühne to help us out. But there is still a little hope that we can solve this dangerous situation and if so its important to make the second and final step in summer to outsource professional football and bring in some strategic partners.
Edit: F***, Nuremberg 2-1, Hamburg on 17 now.....

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
@nessie. Man City was heading there too. When Shinawatra was charged with human rights abuses in Thailand he had all of his accounts frozen. He had to borrow money from the previous Chairman to pay the player salaries. Selling the team to the Abu Dhabi Group saw a dramatic turn in fortunes. The staff were incredulous the night they were wiring off 32 mil. GBP for Robinho. It just seemed surreal to them.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
If the unthinkable would happen Bundesbiers this might be an option, Im pretty sure a team like HSV wouldnt just end up in the Regionalliga. I'd expect the City of Hamburg or Mr. Kühne to help us out. But there is still a little hope that we can solve this dangerous situation and if so its important to make the second and final step in summer to outsource professional football and bring in some strategic partners.
Edit: F***, Nuremberg 2-1, Hamburg on 17 now.....

Wow. So what you are saying is if a 2.Liga license is not possible, you would drop all the way to the 4.Liga? Scheiße.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
You are right, Croak - Glück means luck. "Dusel" is just another word for it, slightly negative and means undeserved luck.
Edit: Can you believe it - even Wikipedia knows "Bayern Dusel" :D
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayern-luck

After watching the FCB game just now, I figured out the Bayern Dusel. They seem to find that Dusel by looking around their opponents goal so much. :whistling:

Nessie; Have hope! Hamburg can still get things turned around this season. It's too early to hit your panic button yet! :tup:

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Bad Sandolf.

If he goes to Hertha, there will be 2 US internationals in the back 4. Quite interesting. Hope he goes to Gladbach so I can go see him play against 1. FC Koeln. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts