Fußball-Bundesliga

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Wow, Dresden-HSV cancelled tomorrow. Team already arrived in Dresden and will travel back immediately. And thats all happening because the police is needed in Chemnitz because of demonstrations of xenophobic idiots on Saturday in Chemnitz. They need all police forces there. Hopefully they kick their as***.

****** reason to cancel a game. Let the violent Leftists fight it out with extreme right. Maybe they'll do us all a favor and have natural selection work. ;)

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Bayern looked crazy good today :eek:. Granted it was Stuttgart, but still.

It's early, but you can see some of Kovac's fingerprints ready, and I like it.

Wolfsburg playing well, Hoffenheim bouncing back, and Leverkusen doing surprisingly poor.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bayern looked crazy good today :eek:. Granted it was Stuttgart, but still.

It's early, but you can see some of Kovac's fingerprints ready, and I like it.

Wolfsburg playing well, Hoffenheim bouncing back, and Leverkusen doing surprisingly poor.
Indeed, Bayern already on the way to their next championship.
Red Bull with a bad start too. Dont know what to think of Dortmund so far, but in my opinion the only team that
might compete with Bayern to a certain degree. Overall the quality of Bundesliga football worries me.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Indeed, Bayern already on the way to their next championship.
Red Bull with a bad start too. Dont know what to think of Dortmund so far, but in my opinion the only team that
might compete with Bayern to a certain degree. Overall the quality of Bundesliga football worries me.

It worries me too. There seems to be a selling culture in the Bundesliga as well, where teams sell their best players rather than hold on to them. I can't imagine that helps the overall quality of the league. I really do wish someone would challenge Bayern.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
It worries me too. There seems to be a selling culture in the Bundesliga as well, where teams sell their best players rather than hold on to them. I can't imagine that helps the overall quality of the league. I really do wish someone would challenge Bayern.

It seems like Bayern are about the only team in the Bundesliga that can financially keep up with England and Spain in salaries. Without the financial clout, Bundesliga teams end up selling their players when they can't afford to pay them an English or Spanish salary.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems like Bayern are about the only team in the Bundesliga that can financially keep up with England and Spain in salaries. Without the financial clout, Bundesliga teams end up selling their players when they can't afford to pay them an English or Spanish salary.
Exactly. Another reason is that most of our teams are still "non-profit" oriented and are not ownded by a rich Russian, Arabian or a hedgefund, company or whatsoever. That makes watching a game for normal people still affordable, but clubs can't financially compete with England, Spain or Italy.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Bayern got the Bayern discount a couple of times today and yet they played kind of sloppy. That's not referring to the rain, but to the many balls "given away cheaply".

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I knew it. The Press is trying to say Kovac is out and Wenger in. But this time Bayern told the press to shove it. Kovac has what is needed. I don't think he is the problem right now. Good grief, a team can't win every championship every year. There would be no reason for competition if that happened.

It's like the Packers. Everyone knows they are the greatest team in the NFL. ;) But they don't win the championship every year, only more than anyone else. :roflmao::roflmao:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry Croak, I've rarely seen an embarrissing press conference like this before. Obviously changes are needed in Munich,but this definitely includes the managment. Especially Rummenige and Hoeneß. They complain about press, to a certain degree understandable.
Then they even talk about our constitution " human dignity is inviolable" and just 10 minutes later Hoeness is saying this about Bernat:

"You guys keep asking why we sold Juan Bernat, as if the sale of him is the only reason we are losing. Just look at the Sevilla game and see that this Juan Bernat almost single-handedly made us get knocked out with his errors."

Any more questions ? Btw - Rummenige and Hoeness both have a criminal record, and they are trying to tell people about moral and decency? Come on :rolleyes:

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
I'm actually with Nessie here, I thought it was super childish and showdd what some of the problems at Bayern are

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Sorry Croak, I've rarely seen an embarrissing press conference like this before. Obviously changes are needed in Munich,but this definitely includes the managment. Especially Rummenige and Hoeneß. They complain about press, to a certain degree understandable.
Then they even talk about our constitution " human dignity is inviolable" and just 10 minutes later Hoeness is saying this about Bernat:

"You guys keep asking why we sold Juan Bernat, as if the sale of him is the only reason we are losing. Just look at the Sevilla game and see that this Juan Bernat almost single-handedly made us get knocked out with his errors."

Any more questions ? Btw - Rummenige and Hoeness both have a criminal record, and they are trying to tell people about moral and decency? Come on :rolleyes:

I agree. I was unaware of those parts of their comments. I've also thought the team should not have welcomed Hoeness back. I didn't know Rummenigge had a criminal record.

However, the point that the Press is always fishing for trouble is a point well made, no matter who makes the point. For instance, I have an old friend who is a member of the press in a nationally known U.S. company. He told me the first day of their journalism class at WVU, the professor wrote "SENSATIONALISM" on the board in large letters. Then he began the course by telling the class sensationalism sells much better than the truth.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. I was unaware of those parts of their comments. I've also thought the team should not have welcomed Hoeness back. I didn't know Rummenigge had a criminal record.

However, the point that the Press is always fishing for trouble is a point well made, no matter who makes the point. For instance, I have an old friend who is a member of the press in a nationally known U.S. company. He told me the first day of their journalism class at WVU, the professor wrote "SENSATIONALISM" on the board in large letters. Then he began the course by telling the class sensationalism sells much better than the truth.
Yepp, Rummenigge brought two watches back home from the U.A.E. and "forgot" to pay customs and taxes.
He was caught, had to pay about 250.000 Euros and has now a criminal record since then. So much about moral and decency.
Sensationalism doesnt mean that it must be lie what they're writing about. Tabloids like BILD, The Sun e.g. use a different style compared to NYT, Washington Post, The Times. But I agree especially in football its sometimes over the top. Its the same here in Hamburg, its almost impossible to manage a club like HSV quitely. However, it does not give Hoeneß, Rummenigge or this little clown Brazzo (btw. - what is he doing there in Munich?Whats his job? ) the right to attack press in general. I know its popular nowadays to attack journalism and press in this post factual era, but it doesnt make it better. Press has the right and the duty to report about things, even if some people just dont like to read about it. But of course they have to do their job responsibly.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
You know folks, it takes some adjustment to get used to Bayern Munich just being a really good team rather than a league dominating force with which to be reckoned. But I'm gettting there.:sneaky::whistling:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Hey, we got whipped in Der Klassiker. Bayern was outmatched. You guys are gracious for not crowing about it, but you could have justly done so.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Going to be interesting tonight, Bayern at Eintracht should be a tight match. Bayern seems to be back on track but I dont know if they‘re good enough for Dortmund at the moment. Might be different after the winter break. Read that they plan to spend more than 200m Euros for new players next sommer.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Going to be interesting tonight, Bayern at Eintracht should be a tight match. Bayern seems to be back on track but I dont know if they‘re good enough for Dortmund at the moment. Might be different after the winter break. Read that they plan to spend more than 200m Euros for new players next sommer.

When you can't win with the most money, spend more money.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts