Fußball-Bundesliga

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Well there's only one outcome for the final drop spot. Hamburg have to beat Gladbach and Wolfsburg would have to lose to Cologne at home. Hard to see both happening.

And the relegation playoff spot has only one possible outcome. Wolfsburg can avoid the relegation playoff game if they beat Cologne and Freiburg loses to Augsburg, leaving the playoff game to Freiburg.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Well there's only one outcome for the final drop spot. Hamburg have to beat Gladbach and Wolfsburg would have to lose to Cologne at home. Hard to see both happening.

And the relegation playoff spot has only one possible outcome. Wolfsburg can avoid the relegation playoff game if they beat Cologne and Freiburg loses to Augsburg, leaving the playoff game to Freiburg.

Yeah it appears to be a near certainty that Hamburg will also go down now. Wolfsburg/Freiburg in the playoff is a toss up, IMO. I don't think either of them would lose the playoff though.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Yeah it appears to be a near certainty that Hamburg will also go down now. Wolfsburg/Freiburg in the playoff is a toss up, IMO. I don't think either of them would lose the playoff though.

Probably true that neither team would lose the playoff legs, but I'm hoping Holsten Kiel pulls it off. The last 2.Liga team to win the playoff was Fortuna Dusseldorf over Hertha Berlin. A game I remember quite well as there was a whistle heard in extra time that the fans thought was the final whistle and ran onto the field. Both teams left the field with the thousands of fans sprawling onto the pitch. It took the referees and security 20 minutes to clear the field and both teams had to come out of the locker room to play the final minute and half or so of the injury time. It was chaotic.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very sad moment for me, but despite of the human garbage aka Ultras we are relegated in style. A deserved win, after knowing that VW is going to win the whole stadium was chanting and singing. And then a few so called fans meant to use pyro and it ended a little bit unpleasant. Also good, the whole stadium was chanting „get them out“ and „you dont belong to us“. Time to get rid of these idiots.
Sad that Cologne was already on vacation today but certainly understandable.
Now looking forward to an exciting oncoming season and our way back to 1. Bundesliga with many young and promising players.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
I agree that a hundred or so idiots ruin it for the rest of the stadium. But that happened to Cologne too when we had a dozen or so idiots run onto Gladbach pitch and the whole Sudkurve was empty for 3 home games. I wonder if this will happen to Hamburg too.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that a hundred or so idiots ruin it for the rest of the stadium. But that happened to Cologne too when we had a dozen or so idiots run onto Gladbach pitch and the whole Sudkurve was empty for 3 home games. I wonder if this will happen to Hamburg too.
Ja, thats true. 100 idiots can ruin it all, although I just read a lot of comments in the media that they are all impressed by the clear statement of all HSV fans in the stadium when this happened. However, I expect a high fine or even worse punishment like that what Efzeh got. Empty Nordkurve could happen, we‘ll see....

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
RB part ways with Hasenhuttl

Questionable move, imo. I hate RB, but he had done pretty well for them

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Good DFB Pokal win for the Eagles.

A little bummed out that the call wasn't made on that penalty in the box. Kovac and Boateng both admitted it was a penalty. Bayern dominated most of the game but didn't capitalize on their chances,so shame on them. But that ref should be dropped to the second level. He was awful.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Rangnick takes over the manager role at RB, to the surprise of absolutely no one.

Members online

Latest posts