Fußball-Bundesliga

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Leverkusen should be fined for allowing it's fans to throw so much junk at the officials and the corners.

That's probably my biggest complaint regarding futbol around the world. It seems like the only sport where poor fan behavior is relatively overlooked or ignored.

Look at Baseball. Fans found throwing stuff on the field have been kicked out, banned, made to serve community service, etc. Maybe I don't understand the culture around it, but I can't figure out why it is so rare that anything is done in futbol. I understand when some things are done in protest (money on the field re: ticket prices), but a lot of times it is just garbage.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Man, BVB vs Leverkusen, RBL vs Hoffenheim....this weekend could dramatically reshape the top end of the table.

A lot of movement around that #16 playoff spot as well.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Hey Nessie! Your boys still have a chance to claw their way out of relegation. Just win the next three and they're good as gold.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Question for you European fans of the Bundesliga. How many Bundesliga stadiums have you visited? Which stadium in the Bundesliga would you consider the most "traditional" looking football stadium?

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Question for you European fans of the Bundesliga. How many Bundesliga stadiums have you visited? Which stadium in the Bundesliga would you consider the most "traditional" looking football stadium?

Interesting question and I wonder if you meant you are only talking about 1.Liga stadiums alone or with 2.Liga, being that 2.Liga is considered professional football in Germany. 3.Liga and below are considered amateur. Lots of amateur teams have traditional style stadiums as they are still the same structure since the early days of football.

In the top tier (1.Liga) only SC Freiburg have a "traditional" stadium in my opinion. All the rest are modern. And my definition would be that any modern stadium would not conform as a "traditional-style" stadium. There are some stadiums in the 2.Liga that do conform to a traditional-style stadium in my opinion.

1.Liga stadiums I have been to: 1. Waldstadion (Commerzbank Arena-Frankfurt), 2. Mungersdorfer (Rhein Energie Stadion), 3. Allianz Arena, 4. Fortuna Dusseldorf Esprit Arena, 5. Städtisches Stadion (FC Nuremburg), 6. Schwarzwald Stadion (SC Freiburg), 7. Volksparkstadion (Hamburg), 8. Sportpark Ronhof (Greuther Fürth), 9. Ostalb Arena (VFR Aalen).

I've been to about 30 other stadiums in the 4th division and lower.

Of the traditional-style stadiums in the 1 and 2.Liga (the ones that I have seen either inside or outside), I would say are:
1. SC Freiburg Schwarzwald Stadion
2. Sportpark Ronhof (Greuther Fürth)
3. Ostalb Arena (VFR Aalen)

I am told that FC Union Berlin is a traditional-style Stadium but I cannot confirm. Currently, 1860 Munich play in a traditional-style stadium. :)

Looking forward to hearing Nessie's answers.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Nessie! Your boys still have a chance to claw their way out of relegation. Just win the next three and they're good as gold.
Well, still think it's too late, but sometimes miracles happen. We know better next week, it's a do or die game at VW.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Two stadiums that I visited and that I think that are very traditional are in Bochum and Bielefeld. Certainly on my list to visit next season in Liga 2.
But let me think about the football stadiums that I visited: Munich, Dortmund, Karlsruhe, Frankfurt, Bochum, Bielefeld, Bremen, Cottbus, Rostock, Berlin, Wolfsburg, Hannover, Stuttgart and Nuremberg.
As I wrote before - Bochum and Bielefeld are beautiful, old school stadiums.
Agree with Bundes, "Alter Forsterei" in Berlin is a "must visit" and on the list for next season too. Its on the outskirts of Berlin Kopenick. Looking forward to it.
And we will raid Millerntor Stadium next season too, never been there before ;)

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Two stadiums that I visited and that I think that are very traditional are in Bochum and Bielefeld. Certainly on my list to visit next season in Liga 2.
But let me think about the football stadiums that I visited: Munich, Dortmund, Karlsruhe, Frankfurt, Bochum, Bielefeld, Bremen, Cottbus, Rostock, Berlin, Wolfsburg, Hannover, Stuttgart and Nuremberg.
As I wrote before - Bochum and Bielefeld are beautiful, old school stadiums.
Agree with Bundes, "Alter Forsterei" in Berlin is a "must visit" and on the list for next season too. Its on the outskirts of Berlin Kopenick. Looking forward to it.
And we will raid Millerntor Stadium next season too, never been there before ;)

I've also heard that Bielefeld and Bochum have traditional stadiums but I haven't been there.

Of all the teams in the 1.Liga do you think the Schwarzwald Stadion is a traditional stadium too? I couldn't think of any others besides them.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've also heard that Bielefeld and Bochum have traditional stadiums but I haven't been there.

Of all the teams in the 1.Liga do you think the Schwarzwald Stadion is a traditional stadium too? I couldn't think of any others besides them.
Yeah, Freiburg has a traditional and beautiful,stadium too, despite of the fact that there are many complaints by away fans because of restricted view in their section. However, would like to go there one day but its very far away from Hamburg, perhaps too far away for a daytrip.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
And Hoeness opens his mouth in an unsportsmanlike manner. I REALLY wish Bayern would part ways with him. Maybe the German police can find another financial crime he committed and put him away for a long time.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Fortuna clinch promotion into first tier :tup:

Podolski says he wants to come back to Koln for one more run. I gotta say, there really must be something about that city, so many players choosing to stay after relegation, others desiring to come back...props

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score

Podolski says he wants to come back to Koln for one more run. I gotta say, there really must be something about that city, so many players choosing to stay after relegation, others desiring to come back...props

If you ever get the chance to visit the city, you'll probably understand why. And try the Kölsch. Früh Kölsch and Malzmühle Kölsch are the 2 best.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Despite of their loss and expected relegation great sportsmanship by Efzeh today. The almost turned the game around, going to see you guys next season. ;)
We'll be both back soon.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

They're certainly not staying because of Kolsch ;) Cologne is not really beautiful but a very vibrant and exciting city. I've worked in Cologne and Dusseldorf for a few years and I always preferred Cologne over Dusseldorf. However great that F95 is back, Efzeh will be back soon. Think they're going to finish on 2, right behind us next season :D

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
They're certainly not staying because of Kolsch ;)

:mad::mad::mad:

I've sent your regards to the whole city of Cologne. They're onto you. Lock your windows. :D

Don't listen to him Itkovian, Kolsch is a beautifully crafted beer.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Wow. All three relegation possibilities face really tough opponents next week. But, the week after could prove very interesting. Relegation spots are still up in the air at this point.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Wow. All three relegation possibilities face really tough opponents next week. But, the week after could prove very interesting. Relegation spots are still up in the air at this point.

Koln have been relegated mathematically. The second spot and playoff spot are still in the air, but Hamburg has a very tough opponent in Frankfurt. Luckily for them Wolfsburg play RB, and Mainz play Dortmund, so even if they lose there is a chance they can still survive, but they absolutely must win their last match (against Koln) and hope for someone else to lose.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Koln have been relegated mathematically. The second spot and playoff spot are still in the air, but Hamburg has a very tough opponent in Frankfurt. Luckily for them Wolfsburg play RB, and Mainz play Dortmund, so even if they lose there is a chance they can still survive, but they absolutely must win their last match (against Koln) and hope for someone else to lose.
Our last match will be at home against Gladbach, another tough game but manageable in case we would have the chance to grab the relegation spot by beating them.
Mainz and especially Wolfsburg seem to get nervous and this might help. I'm embarassed to admit that I'm hoping for a RB win today :rolleyes:;)
After that I dont expect both of them winning their last game despite of having easier oponnents. I'm convinced in case we're pulling out a win at Frankfurt next week will will grab the chance and stay up or at least are playing relegation again.
But we certainly cant complain if we're going down, it already might be too late to come back and we've done everything to deserve beeing relegated.
However, it's good to see that the team shows character now after the new manager took over and brought some new, young players from our youth teams with him.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Our last match will be at home against Gladbach, another tough game but manageable in case we would have the chance to grab the relegation spot by beating them.
Mainz and especially Wolfsburg seem to get nervous and this might help. I'm embarassed to admit that I'm hoping for a RB win today :rolleyes:;)
After that I dont expect both of them winning their last game despite of having easier oponnents. I'm convinced in case we're pulling out a win at Frankfurt next week will will grab the chance and stay up or at least are playing relegation again.
But we certainly cant complain if we're going down, it already might be too late to come back and we've done everything to deserve beeing relegated.
However, it's good to see that the team shows character now after the new manager took over and brought some new, young players from our youth teams with him.

Yeah I wrote that with the assumption that RB would win, but boy that didn't happen! Mainz showed some incredible resolve today, they were the better team the entire match. RB looked lazy and complacent. Nice to see them continue to drop.

So now Hamburg really need Wolfsburg to drop their next two games, which are against RB and Koln (got them and Hamburg mixed last post).

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Surprised to find this interesting read on an American Bundesliga website:

http://bundesligafanatic.com/201805...-coach-stuck-in-their-youth-system-all-along/

Very detailed information about the latest improvements that we made and despite of the fact that the turnaround came to late to avoid the relegation imho its good to read that this is even recognized across the pond. I'm keen on striking back with young talents and attractive football regardless what league where are playing next season because I'm convinced if we stick with these tactics and find more young players that fit the system we will be back even stronger than now.

Members online

Latest posts