Fußball-Bundesliga

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Ahem !! Has anybody looked at the league table this week ?? Who`s that in second place ? :cool:. Oh my, its seems to be that Carnival town team Mainz :D

Damn it Bunds....lol, You stole my thunder ! :laugh:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Ahem !! Has anybody looked at the league table this week ?? Who`s that in second place ? :cool:. Oh my, its seems to be that Carnival town team Mainz :D

Damn it Bunds....lol, You stole my thunder ! :laugh:

That will all change in about 3 hours. ;)

I just saw Bayern's lineup for today. Still no Schweini, Robben or Ribery, but it doesn't look like a bad lineup. Rode is the weak link and Dante is a little slow, but he's good on set pieces. Paderborn can exploit those two. If they do, it will be a long game for Bayern.

I

That will all change in about 3 hours. ;)

I just saw Bayern's lineup for today. Still no Schweini, Robben or Ribery, but it doesn't look like a bad lineup. Rode is the weak link and Dante is a little slow, but he's good on set pieces. Paderborn can exploit those two. If they do, it will be a long game for Bayern.
:p is all I will say.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Ok Bill, Nessie roots for Hamburg, because that's where he lives. I root for Bayern because my extended family is from that area. Bundesbiers roots for Cologne because he likes teams with potential who don't get respect. What made you a Mainz fan?

I

Ok Bill, Nessie roots for Hamburg, because that's where he lives. I root for Bayern because my extended family is from that area. Bundesbiers roots for Cologne because he likes teams with potential who don't get respect. What made you a Mainz fan?

I have been a diehard fan of Mainz for many......weeks :laugh:. The team came through our airport a few weeks ago, and after talking to several of the players, I am a fan for life, or at least until they get relegated ;). The others you mention, including yourself are merely glory hunters :whistling::D

(I am only joking really Croak !)

Last edited by a moderator:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I have been a diehard fan of Mainz for many......weeks :laugh:. The team came through our airport a few weeks ago, and after talking to several of the players, I am a fan for life, or at least until they get relegated ;). The others you mention, including yourself are merely glory hunters :whistling::D

(I am only joking really Croak !)

Hunting glory isn't so bad when you keep finding it. :cool:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
My my...guess who's on top of the league now.... What did Dizzy Dean say; "It ain't bragging if you can back it up." :D

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score

No No No... lol. Bundesbiers roots for FC Cologne because of their appellate history with Koelschbier, and they are the only city in Germany that can legally brew and call it Koelshbier. Don't get me wrong, I choose my football teams that are associated with something beer'ish.

Which is also why I am a 1.FC Bamberg fan (Only this city brews true Rauchbier).
I'll also have to say I like Fortuna Duesseldorf because they brew Altbier, I just think Duesseldorf is a stuffy city, not enough fun people like Koeln.

This is also why I choose to root for Newcastle in the EPL. I'm sure you can get that one without me spelling it out. :D

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
No No No... lol. Bundesbiers roots for FC Cologne because of their appellate history with Koelschbier, and they are the only city in Germany that can legally brew and call it Koelshbier. Don't get me wrong, I choose my football teams that are associated with something beer'ish.

Which is also why I am a 1.FC Bamberg fan (Only this city brews true Rauchbier).
I'll also have to say I like Fortuna Duesseldorf because they brew Altbier, I just think Duesseldorf is a stuffy city, not enough fun people like Koeln.

This is also why I choose to root for Newcastle in the EPL. I'm sure you can get that one without me spelling it out. :D

Now that you've jogged my memory, I remember my friends telling me about Koelsch when I visited Cologne. Wasn't there a statue of a drunk guy in the one shopping district? Or was that another city? I only passed through Duesseldorf on my way to Wuppertal. After our meetings in Wuppertal we went to Cologne.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
It was Dixie Dean, but.....................:p

I had to look up "Dixie Dean". LOL! He really scored 85 goals in one year?!? That's amazing. Of course you know Dizzy Dean was a pitcher in what used to be "America's sport". I think the NFL has surpassed Baseball now.

I

I had to look up "Dixie Dean". LOL! He really scored 85 goals in one year?!? That's amazing. Of course you know Dizzy Dean was a pitcher in what used to be "America's sport". I think the NFL has surpassed Baseball now.

My apologies. I thought you meant Dixie. I`d never heard of Dizzy. Yes Dixie was prolific and a hero in my native Liverpool ;).

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Now that you've jogged my memory, I remember my friends telling me about Koelsch when I visited Cologne. Wasn't there a statue of a drunk guy in the one shopping district? Or was that another city? I only passed through Duesseldorf on my way to Wuppertal. After our meetings in Wuppertal we went to Cologne.

Koelsch... a truly wonderful beer. I don't know about the statue of a drunk guy, can't remember seeing one.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
So today is a big day. Today is the day where 1.FC Köln gets their 5th straight clean sheet and vaults themselves into a 2nd place tie with Mainzer. :D:p

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
So today is a big day. Today is the day where 1.FC Köln gets their 5th straight clean sheet and vaults themselves into a 2nd place tie with Mainzer. :D:p

If they get the second place tie with Mainz, then they get a shot at first place on Saturday. Nicht wahr?

Members online