From watching recent games.....

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think the Packers will have too much of a problem with the Raiders, Bears and Chiefs from watching them play this Sunday.
Raiders bearly beat the Bears who have a backup QB. Who the Packers beat last time they used him.
Chiefs hung in there and almost had it but against a team (Stealers) who isn't better than the Pack.
And now in a little while we will get to see how the Giants will do.

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, I'm interested in seeing the G-Men handle an explosive offense like New Orleans. Brees and co. will come out firing, can the G-Men slow them down? We'll see. :tup:

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, I'm interested in seeing the G-Men handle an explosive offense like New Orleans. Brees and co. will come out firing, can the G-Men slow them down? We'll see. :tup:

Yep, this. It's great that the Giants have to play NO right before us. It will give the Packers an idea of how a similar team, one that can spread the ball to it's many weapons, will play them.

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep, this. It's great that the Giants have to play NO right before us. It will give the Packers an idea of how a similar team, one that can spread the ball to it's many weapons, will play them.

I say Brees lights 'em up. IMHO The Saints are the second best team in NFC (regardless of record)

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
You mean the game where we annihilated the Giants last year 45-17 wouldn't?

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
It's hard to judge how we'll do by watching other teams. As the defending champions and an undefeated team, we are usually going to get the best every team has to offer.

Also I don't think you can judge much on the Giants defense here tonight. Brees has all friggin day behind center. It's not even fair. Giants pass rush looks like a midget league. Our offensive line is pretty bad

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I actually think our first loss will be Kansas City or Oakland, just that feeling.

I am not sure either team is talented enough Bogart. The only way I can see Oakland beating the Packers is if McFadden is back and he runs wild to the point it becomes ridiculous or the o line does not pass protect. But, still......it's in GB. And the Packers are just better.

And the Chiefs are just not good enough.....

Embrace the 19-0 campaign. ;)

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Wow, ok, 11-0 and still pessimism. I don't think any team we have left can beat us if we bring our A game. For that matter there is not a team in the NFL that can beat us if we bring our A game. There is not a defense that can stop us. They can slow us for awhile but they can't stop us. Even the first half of the Lions game score was because of our receivers droping good passes. Our defense is good and getting better. 1st in takeaways, 15th and rising in points allowed. I could care less about the other stats. These are the two that win games.

So instead of spending time trying to guess when your team is going to get beat, ride this wave for all it is worth now. Cause this is the best wave I have seen in decades and I'm not going to **** on it while I am riding it.:D

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Giants look to be on a second half skid again this season. Gutless defense at times.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, ok, 11-0 and still pessimism. I don't think any team we have left can beat us if we bring our A game. For that matter there is not a team in the NFL that can beat us if we bring our A game. There is not a defense that can stop us. They can slow us for awhile but they can't stop us. Even the first half of the Lions game score was because of our receivers droping good passes. Our defense is good and getting better. 1st in takeaways, 15th and rising in points allowed. I could care less about the other stats. These are the two that win games.

So instead of spending time trying to guess when your team is going to get beat, ride this wave for all it is worth now. Cause this is the best wave I have seen in decades and I'm not going to **** on it while I am riding it.:D

It's the best wave any Packer fan has seen, ever.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's hard to judge how we'll do by watching other teams. As the defending champions and an undefeated team, we are usually going to get the best every team has to offer.
Your right. Any given Sunday and all that jazz.
But the games I watched, the winners hardly blew away the losers. And the winners of both those games aren't good enough as the Pack.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think the Packers will have too much of a problem with the Raiders, Bears and Chiefs from watching them play this Sunday.
Raiders bearly beat the Bears who have a backup QB. Who the Packers beat last time they used him.
Chiefs hung in there and almost had it but against a team (Stealers) who isn't better than the Pack.
And now in a little while we will get to see how the Giants will do.

97 team and fans said same when they went down to Indy to play a winless rookie in Petyon Manning..They lost

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
97 team and fans said same when they went down to Indy to play a winless rookie in Petyon Manning..They lost
Each team is different from year to year.
And going back to the end of the 2010 season, this 2011 Packers team is making history like no other.
They beat the Bears in the NFCCG when before the 1941 Packers lost.
The 10-0 Packers just beat the Lions on Thanksgiving when the previous 10-0 Packers lost to the same team on the same holiday back in 1962.
No surprises this time when it was the Battle of the Bays. (GB vs TB)
So since this team is making history and shaking the monkey off it's back, I expect it to continue it's winning ways.

Castle Of Cheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I completely agree. It doesn't take much to lose a game in the NFL. A fumble here, a botched special teams play there (ie. a 70 KO return by an OL)... sometimes that is all that it takes. I'm not saying they don't have a chance at undefeated, but a lot of people just seem to think it is a foregone conclusion.