Free Agency: Packers Should Green Bay Pursue?

Bojack

"All pro DL , you sure the hell dont play like it"
Reaction score
Packers could be looking for trade partner for Lindsey. He will not be back next yr we have the next highest paid tackle in the league to resign and Clark will get 18 million a yr should be more like 12-15 range but he will get 18. Taylor back at left gaurd and Jenkins to center his natural position. If Cole Madison or Patrick show up this offseason if we even have one then Taylor will be released. Pack will draft a tackle, ilb Patrick queen or Deandre Swift if they dont see these guys they trade out of first put money on that

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Packers could be looking for trade partner for Lindsey. He will not be back next yr we have the next highest paid tackle in the league to resign and Clark will get 18 million a yr should be more like 12-15 range but he will get 18. Taylor back at left gaurd and Jenkins to center his natural position. If Cole Madison or Patrick show up this offseason if we even have one then Taylor will be released. Pack will draft a tackle, ilb Patrick queen or Deandre Swift if they dont see these guys they trade out of first put money on that

It's a nice idea, but history has shown that with only one year left on a pretty expensive contract, which would cost another team $8.5M + draft capital, he probably would not bring much in a trade.

Bojack

"All pro DL , you sure the hell dont play like it"
Reaction score
Texans might give us a 3rd, heard they like players who have some milage and a huge cap hit. Yeah agree dont see a big trade market for him either.

D

Deleted member 6794

I could see a reunion in the works, but if Baltimore offers him more money I wouldn't blame him.

I don't feel the need to bring Matthews back to Green Bay.

Packers could be looking for trade partner for Lindsey. Taylor back at left gaurd and Jenkins to center his natural position. If Cole Madison or Patrick show up this offseason if we even have one then Taylor will be released.

With Patrick the Packers have a decent replacement for Linsley on the roster. There wouldn't be any reason to move Jenkins around.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, that statement aged poorly.
and yet it's golden LOL We've all been there. About 2 hours before Cephus declared for the draft, I said he was likely staying at UW for another year :) and that's probably one of my least wrong statements i've made in this short offseason already.

So, you have company, but i'm not sure how good the company is.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Wow, that statement aged poorly.

Happens to the best of us. I'm glad that I wasn't a member of this forum back in 2005 when Rodgers was drafted. Although I did like Rodgers, I might have had some curse words for TT spending a first round pick on him when at the time, I felt that we already had one of the best QB's in the NFL.

D

Deleted member 6794

and yet it's golden LOL We've all been there. About 2 hours before Cephus declared for the draft, I said he was likely staying at UW for another year :) and that's probably one of my least wrong statements i've made in this short offseason already.

So, you have company, but i'm not sure how good the company is.

Happens to the best of us. I'm glad that I wasn't a member of this forum back in 2005 when Rodgers was drafted. Although I did like Rodgers, I might have had some curse words for TT spending a first round pick on him when at the time, I felt that we already had one of the best QB's in the NFL.

I don't have any issue with being wrong, you and I know that has happened a lot of times. I'm setting a new standard in here if it takes only 24 hours for it to occur though ;)

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I often wonder what it's like to be wrong.

Anyway . . . .

What is the deal with Cooks? Traded 3 times in 7 seasons. And he played well for each team. Must be some locker room issues or personality matters we dont know about.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
What is the deal with Cooks? Traded 3 times in 7 seasons. And he played well for each team. Must be some locker room issues or personality matters we dont know about.

Was thinking the exact same thing. The guy is only 26 and this will be his 4th team! I think this time around the Rams just came to the conclusion that they had overpaid him, as well as the fact that he has become an injury risk due to his concussion history and it was time to bail.

All 3 teams that he played with got decent production out of him, except for last year with the Rams. His trade value started out high and has slowly diminished. So whether he is a locker room issue, teams wanting to squeeze as much out of him and then purge him or a true concern for his longevity, I am not sure. Could be all of the above?

D

Deleted member 6794

I guess this time around Cooks' concussion history and the Rams having limited cap space contributed to him being traded again.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Linsley will be back next year.

Taylor is one solid Day 2 or Day 3 pick from being in the soup line.

I doubt LeFleur or Gute is interested in a 5'8 RB.

Aaron Rodgers must be giving Clark the other $3-4M a year out of his salary.

I take cashier checks.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Linsley will be back next year.

Taylor is one solid Day 2 or Day 3 pick from being in the soup line.

I doubt LeFleur or Gute is interested in a 5'8 RB.

Aaron Rodgers must be giving Clark the other $3-4M a year out of his salary.

I take cashier checks.

Can't pay for Clark, Bakh, and Linsley very well. Most likely Linsley isn't back. Have Aaron Jones to try to pay too. And what's wrong with a 5'8 RB?

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't pay for Clark, Bakh, and Linsley very well. Most likely Linsley isn't back. Have Aaron Jones to try to pay too. And what's wrong with a 5'8 RB?

I believe he's referring to Linsley playing in 2020. If he's under contract, he'll play. I'm pretty sure Linsley wants to play this year for us anyway so he can make more than he made the last time. Bulaga, while an OT, was probably some inspiration.

If Jones is 5'10 and we're unsure of giving him 20-25 carries, what would that say for a 5'8 RB? If we're drafting Swift, we'd undoubtedly need a big back to be his handcuff. There are few of those in this draft class, and even fewer with real talent.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe he's referring to Linsley playing in 2020. If he's under contract, he'll play. I'm pretty sure Linsley wants to play this year for us anyway so he can make more than he made the last time. Bulaga, while an OT, was probably some inspiration.

If Jones is 5'10 and we're unsure of giving him 20-25 carries, what would that say for a 5'8 RB? If we're drafting Swift, we'd undoubtedly need a big back to be his handcuff. There are few of those in this draft class, and even fewer with real talent.

Jones touches have nothing to do with his height, and everything to do with his durability issues.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Makes sense, the Bears have one of the TOP TE's in the NFL with Jimmy Graham AND they just signed Jason Spriggs, who needs Burton? :coffee:

Bears probably way overpaid the guy 2 years ago and he has been mostly injured to boot. I doubt they wanted to wait around to see if he would get and stay healthy.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind a 4th TE if it came cheap. Between him and Tyler Eifert, I could live with that. With Burton coming off the bench, or playing if Tonyan got hurt, he could probably prove "more effective" in limited snaps.

And I've never before used this as an excuse, but having Aaron Rodgers throwing to you opposed to Mitch Trubisky throwing to you, the bruises might not linger for so long.

D

Deleted member 6794

I wouldn't mind a 4th TE if it came cheap. Between him and Tyler Eifert, I could live with that. With Burton coming off the bench, or playing if Tonyan got hurt, he could probably prove "more effective" in limited snaps.

The Bears move resulting in $7.5 million of dead money counting against their cap strongly indicates that they don't believe Burton will be able to contribute moving forward.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bears move resulting in $7.5 million of dead money counting against their cap strongly indicates that they don't believe Burton will be able to contribute moving forward.

They also threw a ton of money at Jimmy G....so I'm taking their moves with a grain of salt presently. Is Burton worth that much, I'd agree right now at his moment in his career NO. Could he be depending how he leaves 2019 behind and progresses who knows.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They also threw a ton of money at Jimmy G....so I'm taking their moves with a grain of salt presently. Is Burton worth that much, I'd agree right now at his moment in his career NO. Could he be depending how he leaves 2019 behind and progresses who knows.

Will he ever be able to stay healthy? Seems unlikely.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts