For all of you..."Packer fans"..hurrying to push..

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: For all of you..."Packer fans"..hurrying to pu

Bobby makes too much sense, But hey "TERMITE TEDDY" must know better then most of us,right ?

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Wow Buckeye...thank you for completely contorting everything I said.

If you read my posts, I've probably written at least 10 times in the last week that I feel that Brett has the physical ability to be a top 3 qb in the league for the next few years.

However, he does cost the Packers a lot of money, and if TTs objective is to start from scratch, and figure out who the heck will be Brett's replacement, then Brett would slow the progress of this, and the rebuilding of the team in general (I've never been a big fan of KGB and his 6 mil v. the cap either by the way...so it's not just a Brett Favre thing).

Could the Packers turn it around in a hurry? Conceivably, yes, and if that's the case, I'd be ECSTATIC because I love the Packers, I enjoy watching Brett Favre, and I want to see them be successful!!!!!!!!!!

However, I don't have as optomistic a view point as Bobby does, and I don't think TT does either...and that's just a difference of opinion between you and I... it doesn't mean I'm some ingrate packer hater who enjoys partaking in activities that you'd see in "Deliverance." Cripes, this is just football, so no need for personal attacks or condescending sarcasm.

4favre2walker84

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This is my take, for what it's worth. First of all, I would like to say, I am completely biased. I was born and raised a Bears fan, as i grew up in Chi-Town. I moved to Green Bay about 6 years ago, and have since became a MAJOR Favre fan. I have tried to get to as many games as possible to see the legend play in person. I attended the game on Christmas and was all messed up, did'nt know who to cheer on. I was happy that the Bears were winning to lock of the division, but that all quickly changed when I seen that Favre had 93 yards and a little over a minute to win the game. I was amped!!! How great that would have been to add to the Favre legend book.

That being said, when Favre leaves, I wont care much about the Packer's future. This is why I say that I am biased.

But, if TT plays his cards right, he will do the following. First off, he needs to make the right coach picks, in my opinion it would be Steve M. at Offensive Coor. and Jim B. at head coach. I say this because I think that Steve M. needs to prove himself as an assistant once more before anyone is going to be real interested in him as HC. Also, I think that it would be a surefire way to get 4 back for next year. Jim B. is a great prospect for now and the future at HC, because in this division, I think a defensive HC is going to be best, considering Lovie Smith in Chicago.

TT needs to realize that he has a ton of cap room, even with Favre soaking up 14M next year. He needs to go to the dangerous waters of free agency and pick up some skilled vets on the o line. Other than the O-line, we have no major worries. With JWalk, Green, Franks, Driver, Favre, you have nearly the most potent and more importantly experienced, together group in the NFL. I would have loved to see what this year would have been with health and an O line. But the point is, for the past 4 years we have been in the play offs, we have been competitive, now our D finally steps it up and we have injuries. Keep the vets, keep the D on the incline, bring Brett back and we are SURE to go to the SB within 2 years in this weak NFC that we have!!!! Mark my words.

If TT does this, he will be the most loved man in GB. If he doesnt do this, but instead takes 3 to 4 years to go anywhere with this team, he will be gone before he gets a chance to make a name for himself. The fans here will always question why he didnt take the shot when he had it. Harlan loves to win, with or without TT, I am sure he will do just that.

Mike

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Thanks for having my back..DePack!

And Sherman's whole problem was that he needed one or two more talented..and I meant TALENTED receivers around Favre...somebody like Moulds...or whoever....(Walker, Moulds, Driver...)...F*** Fergie and these other guys..they either suck...or are not good enough...

Sherman's other problem was that he's not a very good coach...especially on game day...

Listen...it's very simple...Have a decent running game...(a back who gains at least 1,000 yards in a season...a line who can pass protect...and some GOOD receivers to throw to...at least 3 of them...), and a defense that is passable...like this year..maybe a little better..and Favre is taking the Pack DEEP in the playoffs and perhaps the SB...

that's it..That is all you have to do....

oh yeah..keep Longwell..get better on special teams...

"We play today..We win today...dat's it!"

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Yeah...

Why AIN'T I...

I should be....damnit!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

lol

You become GM and I'll pull those talented players out of my *** because yes it IS that easy to find talent! lol :p