Fire Capers

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This topic again smh. I GUARANTEE you that Capers would've been fired a long time ago anywhere else. To be frank there is absolutely no reason to have him as DC... None. TT deserves justvymd much blame because he has no desire to fire capers not has he drafted well at lb or on the d line. That's a big reason why we have been in this mess fir all these years.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This surprises me to see this thread on top again

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
This topic again smh. I GUARANTEE you that Capers would've been fired a long time ago anywhere else. To be frank there is absolutely no reason to have him as DC... None. TT deserves justvymd much blame because he has no desire to fire capers not has he drafted well at lb or on the d line. That's a big reason why we have been in this mess fir all these years.
Mm fires not tt

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Mm fires not tt

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Def never gets rest when off is going three n out

What happens when off has long drives?

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Def never gets rest when off is going three n out

What happens when off has long drives?

Let's turn it around LTF. When the defense dominates and shuts down the opposing offense, does our offense have more chances to do well?

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was very much on the fire Capers bandwagon in 2012 and 2013, but I quieted down after last year. The defense was solid last year, solid enough to have won the Super Bowl. But I'm gravitating back towards the fire Capers bandwagon again. The story of Capers' career is dominating mediocre to bad Qb's and getting absolutely shredded by top Qb's. I feel like Capers' schemes confuse many mediocre Qb's, but the top ones see right through them.

In Capers' career, as a defensive coordinator/head coach, he is a combined 9-31 against the Mannings, Brady, Brees and Favre.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is Capers a great defensive coordinator? Nope. Constantly harping on firing him as if that would fix anything is ridiculous. It wasn't Capers' fault that Randall was too short to stop the long pass to Funchess in the first quarter. It wasn't Capers fault the corner coudn't make a play on the TD to Funchess in the fourth quarter. In both cases Capers called a defense that put his players in a position to make a play. The PLAYERS failed to make the play. That's not necessarily surprising considering the injuries in the secondary.

Capers job is to put guys in a position to make plays. He's not great at that but he's good at it. The players are the ones that failed for the most part today. It's easy to fall into the comfortable trap of thinking that just hiring one new guy will fix the defense but that's just not the case.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The "bad" defense today was almost a direct result of 1 safety laying a steaming pile almost the entire game. Same people *****ing about Capers again were probably the same ones *****ing about the play calling last year and now *****ing about this year after a change has been made.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's turn it around LTF. When the defense dominates and shuts down the opposing offense, does our offense have more chances to do well?

You want a secondary that was missing three of their top four corners to dominate? Missing Shields, Rollins and Heyward there was no chance that the defense was going to excel.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone blaming Capers for today going to back it up with specific calls he messed up on?

I saw his normally good safety today completely mess up on 3 deep balls, one was a TD and two lead to them. That's a difference between a good and bad team performance right there.

DaveRoller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The game passed Dom by a couple of seasons ago.

Record number of yards given up for the historic Packer franchise over 2 and now 3 games running. (I'm sure the Pack will shut down the Lions and we'll here about how the team is back on track as we have for several seasons now).

Peyton looked putrid again today after torching Dom's D last Sunday night. Cam throws for big yards against the Pack after being nothing more than average most of the season.

Dom should have been fired after the 2012 blowout loss in SF in the playoffs. He should be fired now.

He will work in GB until he decides the time is right for him to move on.

PS did getting rid of MM's buddy Slocum lead to improvement in the STs play?

Last edited:

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The game passed Dom a couple of seasons ago.

Record number of yards given up for the historic Packer franchise over 2 and now 3 games running. (I'm sure the Pack will shut down the Lions and we'll here about how the team is back on track as we have for several seasons now).

Peyton looked putrid again today after torching Dom's D last Sunday night. Cam throws for big yards against the Pack after being nothing more than average most of the season.

Dom should have been fired after the 2012 blowout loss in SF in the playoffs. He should be fired now.

He will work in GB until he decides the time is right for him to move on.

PS did getting rid of MM's buddy Slocum lead to improvement in the STs play?

What calls did Capers make that were bad in those games?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You want a secondary that was missing three of their top four corners to dominate? Missing Shields, Rollins and Heyward there was no chance that the defense was going to excel.
These are the same people that probably expected Jarret Bush to play like Charles Woodson too. They think because a player is on the field they should be the best but never realize that he was always a special teamer and like 6th on the depth chart.

OP
OP
A

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What calls did Capers make that were bad in those games?

It's his job to get his defense ready and the defense has been terrible. This defense has no emotion and they just constantly make crappy QBs look great. He seems out of touch what really is happening and doesn't make adjustments. If his team isn't tackling well, then emphasize tackling, if they are blowing coverages, emphasize it. But no improvement is made time after time

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's his job to get his defense ready and the defense has been terrible. This defense has no emotion and they just constantly make crappy QBs look great. He seems out of touch what really is happening and doesn't make adjustments. If his team isn't tackling well, then emphasize tackling, if they are blowing coverages, emphasize it. But no improvement is made time after time

Alright, so what adjustments should have been made today? 27 points in a half to 10 seems like an adjustment to me.

There's also like 15 other coaches involved in getting a defense ready. During games, Capers man job is to call plays. It's hard to take any fire Capers post seriously without any backing it up by pointing out bad calls. There's really no other way to point it all on Capers.

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know this thread has been dug up and is a touchy subject for some folks. But, if you go back to the beginning and read all the posts, it is a different year but the same complaints. We have different players than before and even when healthy there isn't much of a difference. So can anyone tell me why the same problems exist if there are different players playing in the same area we are having troubles in? Burnett was back today and it didn't look much different to me

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know this thread has been dug up and is a touchy subject for some folks. But, if you go back to the beginning and read all the posts, it is a different year but the same complaints. We have different players than before and even when healthy there isn't much of a difference. So can anyone tell me why the same problems exist if there are different players playing in the same area we are having troubles in? Burnett was back today and it didn't look much different to me
Burnett was back and a guy named Demetri Goodson was playing. Care to tell me where he is on the depth chart?

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

We already pointed out here that Haha was awful, which made a big difference.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

We also have no idea what they emphasize in practice and tackling is overall better this year.

OP
OP
A

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We also have no idea what they emphasize in practice and tackling is overall better this year.
We don't. But I would assume that if it gets emphasized you would see it show up on games. Tackling looks better only because how awful it's been. Kinda hard to get any worse.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our depth at corner today especially without Shields in there is thin, Rollins too. And Burnett does seem to be having struggles with his ankle or quad or whatever.

With Heyward having some issues and Randall still being a growing rookie, I think it will take a little patience to get it settled back there.

That being said, I sure hope we aren't seeing receivers run free at an alarming rate next week vs Detroit or in Minny. Definitely gotta get some things shored up here today.

Also, while I know Capers does like to use Clay as a spy and sniff player in the middle of the field, I think he's far more effective when he's allowed to shoot the gaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.