Fire Capers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
If only we could get rid of old man Capers somehow:eek:

I imagine this thread will outlive his job in Green Bay. I think I said it at some point in here, I fully expect that even after Capers is gone, someone will come back in this thread (if not locked) after a poor showing by a Packer Defense and fire off a "Fire Capers!" Might be one of those catchy sayings that works for any situation. Get a bad burger at Wendys......."Fire Capers!"

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Go back to page one and check out the names of all the posters you never see after 5 years.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Who would have thought 5 years ago that Mr Ed would be included in a thread about Dom? Surely not Dom.

OP
OP
A

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Today they had to go back to tackling drills. That's because Capers constantly tries to get too fancy and players go away from basic technique since they are too occupied trying to remember what every play means. Packers won't win another super bowl as long as this clown is around. Such a shame because offense has way too much talent

Packer46

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ive showed my frustration with him. This game showed how horrible he is. Put your input
Unfortunately needs to move on! Too predictable, lost nerve for big play, too many injuries, great players are leaving! Should have done it in Atlanta!

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Today they had to go back to tackling drills. That's because Capers constantly tries to get too fancy and players go away from basic technique since they are too occupied trying to remember what every play means.
I'd be curious to see how this same group of guys would do under a coach who maybe runs simpler schemes, but is really big on stressing fundamentals. Lombardi was kind of like that, wasn't he?

Not that I'm necessarily calling for that. I thought our defense was way too predictable before Capers arrived. Unfortunately, most seasons under him have not panned out, to put it kindly.

D

Deleted member 6794

Today they had to go back to tackling drills. That's because Capers constantly tries to get too fancy and players go away from basic technique since they are too occupied trying to remember what every play means. Packers won't win another super bowl as long as this clown is around. Such a shame because offense has way too much talent

With the CBA basically having eliminated live tackling in practice it's important to stress fundamentals in camp.

While it's true the offense has a lot of talent unfortunately that statement isn't true on the other side of the ball.

Unfortunately needs to move on! Too predictable, lost nerve for big play, too many injuries, great players are leaving! Should have done it in Atlanta!

The Packers defense definitely hasn't been predictable as Capers has used a wide array of different formations to stop the bleeding. Unfortunately it hasn't worked as the players haven't been able to execute the game plan. It's ridiculous to blame the defensive coordinator for injuries.

As a side note I would be extremely interested in which great defensive players have left the team over the past few years.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
With the CBA basically having eliminated live tackling in practice it's important to stress fundamentals in camp.

While it's true the offense has a lot of talent unfortunately that statement isn't true on the other side of the ball.

The Packers defense definitely hasn't been predictable as Capers has used a wide array of different formations to stop the bleeding. Unfortunately it hasn't worked as the players haven't been able to execute the game plan. It's ridiculous to blame the defensive coordinator for injuries.

As a side note I would be extremely interested in which great defensive players have left the team over the past few years.

Heck, I'd be interested in knowing which "great" defensive players have actually joined the Packers in the last few years......

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
More alive than ever. And if the defense doesn't play well this season, it will only pick up steam.

If that happens (defense doesn't play well), I will be the first one in here with my flaming pitchfork! But seriously, does anyone expect a whole lot out of the current group that TT has assembled on defense?

Mike McCarthy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If that happens (defense doesn't play well), I will be the first one in here with my flaming pitchfork! But seriously, does anyone expect a whole lot out of the current group that TT has assembled on defense?
Not really, a **** poor defense has turned into the trademark of the current packers organization and until some changes are made its hard to expect any different. Heard something once about doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results, I think it may of been referred to as insanity???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts