Fire Capers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'm sure MM has said he could weather whatever pics DC has of him. Those of Mrs MM or the oldest of the offspring however...
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Hmmmm....ever notice the 2nd youngest looks like Ted Thompson? Watson, I think we have our answer as to what DC knows!! :eek:

D

Deleted member 6794

It can't be possible that McCarthy is satisfied with the defensive performance, can it?

I guarantee that McCarthy hasn't been pleased with the defensive performance for most of the past six seasons.

2 man line is the problem scheme is no good theirs a reason no on uses that d

:rolleyes: Teams lining up with only two defensive linemen is the most common formation used across the league.

Reese2017

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guarantee that McCarthy hasn't been pleased with the defensive performance for most of the past six seasons.

:rolleyes: Teams lining up with only two defensive linemen is the most common formation used across the league.
Name all one of them

Reese2017

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In life you sometimes get lucky ,Green Bay has been for almost 30 years with two hall of fame qbs and have only two super bowls ,it won't happen a third time fix defense now play the best players not the highest draft picks

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see a lot of people saying that Capers used to play more man coverage? The Packers played more snaps in 2-Man coverage last year than any team in the NFL... Also, sprinkled throughout the season, Capers made some masterful calls at key points in games that directly contributed to big plays for the defense. The two Haha Clinton-Dix INTs VS the Colts were both disguised trap coverages that fooled Andrew Luck and TY Hilton. There are many of these throughout the season that I saw and was really impressed with.

There are also bad moments, but one thing to consider is that, the Packers played the best offense in the NFL, with the best WR, who also boast the (far and away) best offensive mind in all of football in Kyle Shanahan, in their stadium, twice last year. Truthfully, the Falcons won probably 5 of their games before they even kicked the ball off based entirely on Kyle Shanhan's play calls/play designs. He embarrassed every good D coordinator in the entire NFL on occasion last season. Those were IMO the Packers two worst games defensively all year. I think it's sometimes helpful to keep that in context a little bit.

So basically what you just said is Capers didn't learn anything from the first time his defense was shredded by Shanahan haha.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder about how much hands on Capers does. He is never on the field during a game and he does not seem to make adjustments while he is up there. ..so what is the point of not being on the field? Does he interact with players during practice or does he sit up high someplace and just watch?

I think he's a Little more hands on at practice...however I hate the fact that he sits up in a booth on game day. I think the best adjustments are made by coaches who are actually involved in the action. You can see, hear, and feel the game more from the sidelines.

D

Deleted member 6794

So basically what you just said is Capers didn't learn anything from the first time his defense was shredded by Shanahan haha.

It was close to impossible for the Packers defense to contain the Falcons offense with the talent at hand on Capers' unit.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Just curious from a "Forums History" standpoint, what has been the longest thread in the history of the Forum?

Anyone? Buehler?

I ask because I just noticed, this thread is nearing its 100th page, with no end in site!

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Just curious from a "Forums History" standpoint, what has been the longest thread in the history of the Forum?

Anyone? Buehler?

I ask because I just noticed, this thread is nearing its 100th page, with no end in site!

Im going to assume this one. As I doubt past topics could of kept getting replies.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Im going to assume this one. As I doubt past topics could of kept getting replies.

One more year of Janis on the roster, might give it some competition? And of course, there is always the TT thread.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Anyone? Buehler?

If only we could get rid of old man Capers somehow:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.